Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Guys, it must be love.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Guys, it must be love.

I don't know what the heck else it could be, because I have not waxed a truck I have owned since before I got married ( though that one was also a diesel...).

Anyway, Saturday, I got to feeling bad about my baby, and before you know it, out comes the hose, wax and towels............... Somethings wrong here folks, and I need to watch out for bolts from the blue.

She sure looks pretty though.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patdaly
I don't know what the heck else it could be, because I have not waxed a truck I have owned since before I got married ( though that one was also a diesel...).

Anyway, Saturday, I got to feeling bad about my baby, and before you know it, out comes the hose, wax and towels............... Somethings wrong here folks, and I need to watch out for bolts from the blue.

She sure looks pretty though.
heh heh My first thought when reading the top paragraph was you were going to tell us SHE has done all the truck waxing since marriage! Like that would happen, right? But that aside, shame on you! To ignore previous family just because you were married - how do you think that makes your truck feel? I've had lengthy and therapeutic late-night conversations with my truck about that sort of neglect from it's previous owner, and due to owner-truck confidentiality laws, I can't reveal the details, but suffice it to say lack of waxing and previous attention after marriage can have a devastating permanent effect on someone as sensitive as a Dodge diesel dually. I know, I know, we all think these trucks are big tough indestructable beasts, and some of them do a pretty good job of maintaining that appearance. But after longterm exploration into the psyche of my own truck, I can tell you that deep down, inside that brute-like exterior, beats a caring, sensitive and kind heart(the type that secretly listens to Italian opera music or the Boston Pops Orchestra performing John Philip Sousa marches on it's radio while you sleep. Sometimes it will go far as listening to Air Supply or even in the worst-case scenario(Heaven forbid!) Barry Manilow on a light-hearted day.). I've even heard of tragic cases of these trucks becoming alcohol/meth addicts(ask Wannadiesel about his) behind this type of neglect. Very sad, if you've ever seen a young, vibrant Cummins diesel truck in it's prime and later see it descend into the maniacal depths of a psychotic break brought on by marital non-waxing neglect, you'll never forget it!! Don't believe me? Just leave a voice-activated recorder in the cab a couple nights and you'll see. They sing to themselves, they dream of cute little apple-butt cuties to come sit on their...um...seats, they are afraid of the dark, they whimper during thunderstorms, and in my case, actually talk to themselves all night about their problems. Even when confronted with the evidence, my truck stood strong and stoically silent, maintaining the facade of inner strength, but finally caved and blurted out all the pent-up hurt and anger over being ignored. Maybe this extreme case only happens when a new bride is involved(such was my truck's experience also), but be forewarned; if neglected too long and completely left out of the 'new' family activities and decisions, emotions can run high and jealousy may actually cause the truck to do things to the new wife like, hard starting, killing it's own motor when trying to ease out the clutch pedal, and the ever-infamous raising of the fuel gauge so as to APPEAR to have enough fuel when she left, only to run out, thus causing tension between you & the wife over who's fault it was you had to bring fuel and bleed lines to get started again. Don't get me wrong, these trucks are great buds and pals, but I tell you this; DON'T get one of them angry/upset/jealous, or they can turn on the wife like a rabid attack dog!! And don't forget the consequences of the worst kind of neglect...the new BABY jealousy syndrome!! You think the new wife syndrome sounds bad?? Worse than any cat around the baby, and left alone for even a short while, a diesel truck is capable of lurking around even a partially open window, backing up to it and totally covering the poor unsuspecting baby with a thick black cloud of smoke that will nearly suffocate him/her! Moral of this whole tirade is: Never forget who gotcha thru thick 'n thin, has always been there to carry you thru, and never once complained or asked for anything but some occasional care and attention, ok? Unless it's a Ferd, and then, ...well..., you've got even bigger problems that we can't go into here. Oh, and as for getting back on topic...if I were you, I'd also look into a wearable lightning rod(usually fits under a common trucker's cap), if you don't get back to mending those fences with your truck. That's been my experience, may not be typical(my doctor/attorney here at the institution says I gotta include a disclaimer in all unsolicited insane advice - go figure, but what does HE know - he drives a Ferd...). Please keep us informed and let us know of your progress with the relationship, will you? Oh, and if you'd like to tell us how the marriage is going, you can do that too. Gotta run, they are dispensing pills up front, Toodles!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:39 PM
DTR question asker

R. O. F. L. @ ^
Old 06-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Banned

I have no idea what possessed me to write that...but it seemed appropriate at the time...
Old 06-18-2007, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
92DuallyCTD that was so sweet, it brought a tear to my eye, im going go out and hug my old girl now
Old 06-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by loch
92DuallyCTD that was so sweet, it brought a tear to my eye, im going go out and hug my old girl now
THERE you go, now THAT'S real love for ya!!!

PS- Still searching for that wearable lightning rod incorporated into the trucker's cap for ya patdaly!!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:49 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
92, have a little too much time on yer hands lately ???????
Old 06-19-2007, 01:06 AM

wow, that is all I have to say, it was like readin a short story there bud!!
Old 06-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Muted User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i cant say what my truck is, but i am gonna say it is definately female.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 92DuallyCTD
Please keep us informed and let us know of your progress with the relationship, will you? Oh, and if you'd like to tell us how the marriage is going, you can do that too. Gotta run, they are dispensing pills up front, Toodles!
I gotta tell ya man, that was the best post I have seen to date. Just so you know it, I saved it to the Cummins part number Word document I have going, for posterity. That was insanely BEAUTIFUL ( notice what part came first ).

The relationship has progressed reasonably well, but I don't think mine likes all that fluffy stuff at all, to date all I had done was change filters, etc....... so we are heading to the fishing hole yesterday, and what the heck? The stupid Airbag light won't go out!!!!!!!!!! Grrrr..... Oh well, fishin is more important than an Airbag. About 3 miles later, off it goes and has been normal since. I think I ruffled its feathers, because the dirty little secret is my truck came from Minnesota, and though it has but break in miles, it was treated like a Tijuana girlfriend..... the bed was barely in one piece, certainly there was not a square foot of it not beat, and now I am afraid to get new front bumper plastics, much less do the sport bumper conversion I had dreamed of...... I mean, what would that reaction be, spit a driveshaft on the Interstate?

So I think I will wait just a weee bit longer to fix it up more, kinda like a dog that has been beat takes a while to realize when it has it good?

As for the marraige, well, she is the reason my beloved 86 6.2 with the Banks kit got let go of. ( It stinks, it's loud, it's old........) Since I made the statement that not only is she not allowed to drive the Dodge, but she would be gone before the Dodge is, I think you can read where I'm at in this deal.

Time to go drive.........
Old 06-19-2007, 07:47 PM

Well mine keeps telling me she wants more..............

More power
Old 06-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Adam3291
Well mine keeps telling me she wants more..............

More power
Whew! Good thing you added the power part... Glad everyone liked my rambling post, it just struck me to relate all that jazz! And yep, way too much time on my hands, and certainly emphasize the INSANE part of any of it!! In all reality, I sometimes DO think these trucks of ours become close as a family member, don't you? What DOES that say about us...maybe better not to ask! See ya'll!!
Old 06-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 92DuallyCTD
In all reality, I sometimes DO think these trucks of ours become close as a family member, don't you? What DOES that say about us...maybe better not to ask! See ya'll!!

Noooo, not at all. The problem I have is both of my kids have laid claim to mine. I told them "when I am done with it"

Now I make sure and check that all the guns are accounted for each night.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by patdaly
Noooo, not at all. The problem I have is both of my kids have laid claim to mine. I told them "when I am done with it"

Now I make sure and check that all the guns are accounted for each night.
...But you forgot to finish "when I am done with it" with: ...they can pry my cold dead fingers from the wheel!!