Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Ezpass

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ezpass

Hi Guys ...I was wondering what you guys know about ezpass ...I know your suppose to use the same unit on one car or truck ...I use mine one on 3 normal size cars ...
My question is I have to run up to Long Island from Pa ... I use my ezpass on the other 3 making the same run and have no problems ... I have to run a big truck ...25,000 gvw to Long Island ...
Dose Ezpass register weight acording to the ezpass or they just bill you on the registered unit as you go thur .
Think I'll be able to run that same ezpass for the big truck .

Thanks

Greg
Old 04-13-2007, 09:08 AM

If you use it for a truck CALL THEM and tell them B4 hand or they will charge you $$25... I have ine for my dually they charge me 53 cents at the $2.00 toll booths...BOY thats a discount...

but call them first

Admin edit to add spaces and correct spelling
Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 AM

The easy pass I use is registered to a car that I use for my 3/4 ton truck ...I get a pretty good discount there my self .

Thanks

Greg
Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sure you do, but it isn't really legal or ethical, is it? I don't really know how that system works. Several roads here I travel on warn me they are Level B Minimum Maintenance Roads, and to enter at my own risk!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:11 AM

I, too, would like to know the legalities of using Ezpass with my dually.

Their website says 7000lb max and no dual wheels except motorhomes, I believe.
How can I get Ezpass for my truck......
Old 04-13-2007, 11:15 AM

Try crossing the Varazono Bridge in NYC in a regular pickup 1/2 or 3/4 and just because you have a diesel they want automaticlly flag you and charge you 18.00 to cross the the bridge .
Now try and do that every day to go to work ...it's bad enough the normal toll is 9 bucks .
I'll do what I can ... When your spending over 200 dollars a week on bridge tolls for a regular pickup truck then we can talk .
Thanks

Greg
Old 04-13-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see your point! That is expensive! I just would worry about them matching pictures of vehicles with the pass registered at the same time, and stick you with a huge fine or jail. That's all. When diesel hit the price odf gold, I bought a cheap used Saturn to toole around in. It has paid for itself already in fuel savings, though I much prefer to drive my truck!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

Wow. And I thought the $1.25 tolls down here sucked. FWIW, an ez tag down here only gets you a $.25-$.50 discount.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 PM

I think any discount is pretty good. When I was in Houston for a while the EZPass was no discount. It just saved you slowing down for the tollboothes. I though that alone was worth it.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:09 PM

i doubt they will ever catch you, if thats what you want to know. i have blown through several tolls in chicago without paying, in a semi truck! oops. they havent caught up to me...... yet.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:34 PM

EZPass....... is a mess.

We took my "Business" (blue) ezpass to new york. It is registered to a VW Jetta and they charged us $15 to go through the brooklyn battery tunnel, which I'm pretty sure is a $6 or $9 toll.

Going to LI, I don't know if there are weights in the toll booths or not. I would not use it and just pay the regular tolls. You might be able to go online and change it just for this trip.

b4, you can definitely get an EZPASS for any size vehicle. I have one, and on their website there is a list of vehicles anything from a motorcycle to some truck bigger than I've ever seen or heard of.

I would just tell them it's a regular old 4 wheel truck, then go online and change it.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:48 PM

my ezpass seems to know if i take it out of my dakota, for which is is regestered, and put it in my '92 250, or in my gf's buick. in ny, everytime you go through ezpass, the camera takes a pic of your front end and compares it to what it knows it should be, and if it doesnt recognize it, you get a letter in the mail. you can switch them between vehicles, but usually it knows.