Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR vs TDR

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 08:45 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:DTR vs TDR

Another thing to remember is the on "their" site you can be "invisable" while surfing.
If you go to the profile page and click the proper box, you show up as a guest even if you're a registered, logged-in member.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:48 PM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

I will admit to being a member of TDR. In fact I just reupped for another year a month or two ago. Sometimes you have to wade through some stuff but it is full of info. Yes they have peed in my cornflakes a time or two but nothing I couldn't deal with. I am after the info and there certainly is a vast amount there. With upwards of 1/2 million posts I think. I see many of the same handles here that I see there so I suppose that most people who frequent both sites (and others for that matter) do so for the same reason I do, information. This site is great as well. Seems to have less bashing and not as many heated discussions, although that seems to be less of an issue over there lately than it was earlier this year. I would pay to be a member here as well with or without the magazine. Keep up the good work and keep that info flowing.
Old 11-12-2002, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also a TDR member. I also just received my second issue of the magazine in the mail. I rarely go to the site anymore and have no plans of re-newing my subscription/membership. There is more than enough information here for me and I have yet to ask a question that someone couldn't answer here! I also was wondering how many of the 13k+ members on TDR are actually even still members? If X amount of people don't ever renew, do they subtract that number off? Probably not, but who cares! I just prefer this site now over any other site on the 'net! ;D It's so addicting!! <br><br>Tony
Old 11-12-2002, 03:30 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I still hold &quot;Dual Citizenship&quot;.<br>Some of the members are still buddys and I don't want to lose touch with them.<br>I just re-upped a month ago.<br>Still a member of Mason-Dixon TDR too, we get a pretty good discount at the Cummins Power Store in Glen Burnie, Md. <br><br>
Old 11-12-2002, 09:53 PM

DTR and NWBOMBERS are home for me. I lurk over on TDR for the vast information ( I really have a thing about their secret society b.s. about we don't want to tell non members anything) Give me a break. We're here to learn and help. Hey, 35.00 would go towards an oil change, ya know?<br><br>~Dave
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also used to be a member of the TDR until my membership expired recently. I was planning on re-upping it, but I haven't done that yet. It's low priority for me at the moment, but I plan on doing it in the future. I can't knock 'em, they do have a good thing going over there, and I think the people who run it are nice folks. <br><br>That said, I think we have a great site here and we're growing very rapidly. I think that says a lot about the environment we've maintained and the membership here. I get a lot of compliments, but it's not all me, not even close. In the beginning yes it was, but this site is bigger than me at this point. There are so many people that have volunteered information, services, money and countless other things to keep it up and running. If you guys want to thank someone, send the moderators and the staff your thanks. They deserve it. They're dedicated because it's something they enjoy, and even though they catch some grief here and there, they keep doing it because we are a family here, even though many of us have never personally met. <br><br>Jack
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

[quote author=BarryG link=board=10;threadid=6943;start=0#65808 date=1037126905]<br>I will admit to being a member of TDR. In fact I just reupped for another year a month or two ago. Sometimes you have to wade through some stuff but it is full of info. Yes they have peed in my cornflakes a time or two but nothing I couldn't deal with. I am after the info and there certainly is a vast amount there. With upwards of 1/2 million posts I think. I see many of the same handles here that I see there so I suppose that most people who frequent both sites (and others for that matter) do so for the same reason I do, information. This site is great as well. Seems to have less bashing and not as many heated discussions, although that seems to be less of an issue over there lately than it was earlier this year. I would pay to be a member here as well with or without the magazine. Keep up the good work and keep that info flowing.<br>[/quote]<br> Anyone else who would like to pay to be a member feel free to send me some money and I 8) will hold it in escrow for Jack ;D Now I am one heck of a good guy aint I ?
Old 11-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Last I checked I still show as a member at tdr and have not been for two years so they keep the old members taht have not renewed as part of their numbers.<br><br>I had a friend check to see and sure enough I was still a member...LOL
Old 11-12-2002, 10:24 PM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

[quote author=SFtopSGT link=board=10;threadid=6943;start=0#66100 date=1037159629]<br>[quote author=BarryG link=board=10;threadid=6943;start=0#65808 date=1037126905]<br>I will admit to being a member of TDR. In fact I just reupped for another year a month or two ago. Sometimes you have to wade through some stuff but it is full of info. Yes they have peed in my cornflakes a time or two but nothing I couldn't deal with. I am after the info and there certainly is a vast amount there. With upwards of 1/2 million posts I think. I see many of the same handles here that I see there so I suppose that most people who frequent both sites (and others for that matter) do so for the same reason I do, information. This site is great as well. Seems to have less bashing and not as many heated discussions, although that seems to be less of an issue over there lately than it was earlier this year. I would pay to be a member here as well with or without the magazine. Keep up the good work and keep that info flowing.<br>[/quote]<br> Anyone else who would like to pay to be a member feel free to send me some money and I 8) will hold it in escrow for Jack ;D Now I am one heck of a good guy aint I ?<br>[/quote]<br>Didn't you just mention something about getting some new mods?
Old 11-12-2002, 10:53 PM

I've been a TDR member for several years. Both sites have a lot in common.<br><br>Jerry
Old 11-12-2002, 11:03 PM

[quote author=dalton4 link=board=10;threadid=6943;start=0#66130 date=1037163225]<br>I've been a TDR member for several years. Both sites have a lot in common.<br><br>Jerry<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yeah, but I think we're cuter. Just ask Gonzo.<br><br>~Dave
Old 11-12-2002, 11:13 PM

[quote author=Cattle Hauler link=board=10;threadid=6943;start=0#65621 date=1037112410]<br>I also had other things to do with 35.00 a year. I)<br>[/quote]<br>Wow if 35.00 will break ya Well yeah I am a TDR boy and have been for 2 years and fully support the DTR as well (Sticker order hasn't come yet but I am patient) anyways The 35.00 is worth the quarterly book all in itself! The DTR is lienient and I like that ... Alot (As long as ya can put up with my sense of humor) and as 98 rammer will testify we ALL cohabitate and are after one thing .... FUN!

Quick Reply: DTR vs TDR