Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Prayer Requests

Old 03-18-2019, 03:34 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
No word from Scott that the gears are meshed for the Mayo option, but seemingly working on it. He had some good vibes and reassurance from his
new boss that they want him to hurry and get better and get back to work - - missing him. That seems like a very positive response after so
short a time working there. Maybe another answer to prayer. God is able or I would not be here. Wow, getting goosey bumps thinking about it.

Bob
Old 03-23-2019, 08:41 AM

Note from Scotty - -- the wheels turn slowly across the border. He is still awaiting the prospect of getting to Mayo Clinic for help. In the meantime,
probably heading in for more MRI's. Maybe something else will show up. Keep him in your prayers.
Bob
Old 06-01-2019, 08:53 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Have known about this for a while now, but suddenly thought, why not mention this the DTR members? Some of you may have not heard about this and would want to join in.

https://billygraham.org/story/prayin...our-president/
Old 06-02-2019, 06:29 PM

Word from Scotty. He has been accepted into a large hospital in Canada with a surgeon trained at Mayo Clinic in the states. Leaves this week.
The end result could be good or, remote possibility of loosing his whole arm. We need to join our prayers together for healing and wisdom for
the doctors for him.

Bob
Old 08-28-2019, 07:25 AM

Talked with Scotty at length last night, Tuesday, 8/27. He was in a much better frame of mind. All the gears seem finally to be meshing. He was in a
beautiful Best Western suite on the top floor over looking Calgary. He had just arrived and unpacked. He finally got all his culture reports from both
of the facilities that had taken them and found interesting discrepancies in those from one of them - - not the first time for them nor the doctor
that was working on him. He will be meeting with the doctor on Thursday for final testing and setting up the arrangements for the operation on
Friday. His wife will be flying in on Thursday night to be with him over the weekend, then have to head back home to work.

Scott was much more upbeat and could see daylight at the end of the tunnel. He felt God was definitely in what was happening from the new
information about the cultures, the beautiful living quarters at the price of a cheap hotel room, the great doctor in Calgary he has and they
are letting him stay in this suite at this price during recovery. So, he will probably be there for a while. He would definitely appreciate your
prayers for him during this week and in recovery - - this is going to be quite an operation and he definitely does not the final option of
removal of the shoulder and arm. So, join me in bringing Scotty before God for help, for guidance to the surgeon and for quick recovery.
His employer has been helping him in spite of him not able to work and promised Scotty he has a job when he gets back and even has
some neat plans in using his creativity in some other locations. He is excited about that and anxious to get on with it. Been too long.

God Bless you,

Bob
Old 08-28-2019, 05:47 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Talked with Scotty at length last night, Tuesday, 8/27. He was in a much better frame of mind. All the gears seem finally to be meshing. He was in a
beautiful Best Western suite on the top floor over looking Calgary. He had just arrived and unpacked. He finally got all his culture reports from both
of the facilities that had taken them and found interesting discrepancies in those from one of them - - not the first time for them nor the doctor
that was working on him. He will be meeting with the doctor on Thursday for final testing and setting up the arrangements for the operation on
Friday. His wife will be flying in on Thursday night to be with him over the weekend, then have to head back home to work.

Scott was much more upbeat and could see daylight at the end of the tunnel. He felt God was definitely in what was happening from the new
information about the cultures, the beautiful living quarters at the price of a cheap hotel room, the great doctor in Calgary he has and they
are letting him stay in this suite at this price during recovery. So, he will probably be there for a while. He would definitely appreciate your
prayers for him during this week and in recovery - - this is going to be quite an operation and he definitely does not the final option of
removal of the shoulder and arm. So, join me in bringing Scotty before God for help, for guidance to the surgeon and for quick recovery.
His employer has been helping him in spite of him not able to work and promised Scotty he has a job when he gets back and even has
some neat plans in using his creativity in some other locations. He is excited about that and anxious to get on with it. Been too long.

God Bless you,

Bob
Positive and hopeful thoughts sent his way.

Keep us posted
Old 08-28-2019, 08:54 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Already been holding Scotty up in prayer. Thanks for the update. Will continue and increase the prayers.
Old 05-23-2021, 01:10 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
My wife and I were infected by the virus. I am home slowly recovering. My wife is still in the hospital, possibly for another week. You find out quickly how fast the people that say they are here to help will help you. Finally on the meals on wheels list for deliveries. I need domestic help as well, but no one wants to come near a COVID positive person even though they are no longer infected. Your thoughts and prayers will be greatly appreciated
Old 05-23-2021, 04:41 PM

Cougar, sorry to hear about your predicament. Will pray for your situation.

Hope that you are doing lots to build up your immune system and general health.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:31 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Hoping for a smooth recovery for you both.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:35 AM

Thanks, we appreciate it. We have been taking all the appropriate supplements, but it didn't help.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:14 PM

Did you try Ivermectin? Yeah, I know that big pharma is against this, but there have been outstanding results in places that have used this extensively. Look into this.
Don't forget the vitamin C and D. Also zinc.
Old 05-24-2021, 11:23 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Cougar,

zinc, selenium, vitamin c/d/b12 and quinine. Quinine can be had from juniper berries
Old 05-25-2021, 11:32 AM

Taking the usual suspects, but a lot of things are hard to if not impossible to get up here. The shelves at the stores are empty, and like ammo people are waiting at the door for it to come in. Mail order is the same problem, we don't ship to your address.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:57 AM

Thanks for your prayers. Wife is home and doing fair. I'm still dragging along. At least between the two of us we can make a decent meal, which is a real morale booster. The local grocery stores decided we where too far away and declined to deliver. So I ordered up 2 weeks of grub and picked it up.$400 for basic staples.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DTR Prayer Requests