Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Prayer Requests

Old 04-29-2015, 06:10 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Prayers from here for Cougar's recovery.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thoughts and prayers for all.

God Bless
Old 05-01-2015, 02:54 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Sorry for not checking in sooner, no internet connection until now. The surgery went very well according to the doctor. I can't say, I took a long cat nap through it. 1st and 2nd nights were rough, they kept waking me up to ask if I was all right. Last night I slept like a hibernating bear. Been up chasing the nurses around and finally passed gas. Don't know why someone would pull the fire alarm, wasn't that loud. Doc changed the dressing this morning and all looked good.
Thanks everyone for your prayers! It really does work.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Great phfft news!
Old 05-21-2015, 03:31 AM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Memorial Day Prayers

To all the Gold Star Families.
A grateful nation mourns your loss and Prayers for strength.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prayers for my family

We had some bad news yesterday. My wife's uncle passed away from a construction accident. He was only 52. He leaves behind his wife,three daughters and one granddaughter. He was a good, god fearing man, who attended his church faithfully. I know he is with our Lord.

We shared the love of the mighty CTD and boating. He owned a 3rd gen and just recently installed a minimaxx and was smiling ear to ear when talking about how powerful it was towing his 30 ft. boat.

I haven't post much lately, but do read many of your post daily. From this I know that there are plenty of good men and women on this site. I'm asking for Prayers of comfort for my family. Thank you and God Bless
Old 07-17-2015, 11:19 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
You got it!
Prayers have already been said for the entire family as they go through this horrible time. Hope that they will be OK financially after this.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:49 AM

You got it!
Prayers have already been said for the entire family as they go through this horrible time. Hope that they will be OK financially after this.

Thank you Stan. Financially they will be fine, living without him is where they will be hurting. I appreciate your Prayer.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Just catching up with this request - - sorry. Had not noticed the new posting. Wife and I are praying for peace, comfort and guidance as they work toward a new life without daddy and husband. Praying for all of you in your time of grieving. Never fun, but wonderful to know he is now experiencing the reward of his faith and is with his Saviour. But, it is always tough on those left behind.

Bob
Old 07-27-2015, 09:12 AM

Bob, Thank you Sir. Your words are true, even when we know he is at peace and with our Saviour, it is very difficult to process mentally. Thanks again for your Prayers.

Rick
Old 07-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Rick - - One thing I have learned after living just a few (???) years on this earth. When a loved one dies who we know was right with God, the pain dies down quicker than with the one we either do not know their position with God or do know that there was no relationship with their creator. As the pain subsides and the tears slow, we suddenly start having wonderful memories of the great times with them and then the smiles and laughs start coming back. Having experienced the amazing time of almost making it to heaven, I can tell you I came back with mixed emotions. I was almost sad when I woke up in the emergency room and realized I almost made it, but didn't quite make it "around the corner." Rejoice for him - - he wouldn't come back if he could. He is waiting for you - - maybe checking out some good fishing spots.

Bob
Old 07-27-2015, 02:38 PM

Bob, I know Scott would want us to rejoice and not waste another tear for him. Only tears of joy and fond memories. When it's our time to go home, there is nothing stopping it.

I respect your feelings of "mixed emotions" and I understand the disappointment, but it wasn't your time to go home. There is still work for you Bob. Responding to my post was one reason. Thanks for reminding me of the Power of Faith, Prayer and the Reward! Take Care My Friend

Rick
Old 08-20-2015, 11:54 AM

Need the Power. While I was out of state, the wife suddenly went deaf in her left ear along with a serious headache. With her family history my 1st thought was stroke. Had to nag her to the doctor. Dr said her inner ear is full of blood and gave some ear drops. He also said her blood pressure was very high. Not real happy with this Dr considering the circumstances.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:20 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Do not know which power you are referring to, but the Power above all powers I go to is the one found in Matt 22:32, I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

You, your wife and the doc have my prayers.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:36 AM

Turns out, things looked a lot worse than they turned out to be. Dr went in and drained and cleaned everything out of her ear. She can hear out of it again. MRI only showed bleeding in the inner ear, nothing in her brain. She'll be on some meds for a while, but that's better than what could have happened.
Thanks for the prayers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DTR Prayer Requests