Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Deserted Motel,Hotel and Dragons Nest 7/15/12=7/22/12

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:00 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Why don't you go make some horsepower power or something!
I wish I could, Im not that good at it.....

Morning Bobby
Old 07-21-2012, 08:56 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon Blake - - place is deserted today - - oh yeh, Saturday.

Finished up all my work for today that was on the To Do list - - wow - - am I proud of myself. Now I can relax for a while, then clean up the office for company tomorrow. Grabbing a ph00 and out of here - - see ya on the flip side.

Bobby
Old 07-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evening all.

Got a little more done on the barn conversion today. Trying to build 'square' in a barn that was built in the 1800's and wasn't square, plumb or true, even when it was built, is not an easy task. Especially for someone like me who doesn't play well with wood!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:56 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watched a "This old House" episode last week where they were working on a late 1700's remodel.
They had some pretty interesting ways of making things look square but it was really time, labor and $$ consuming.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
then clean up the office for company tomorrow.
It started raining here so our company isnt coming down. Now we dont have to clean the house (haven't even vacumed since we got back).

Havent done a thing all day except watch TV and eat. If I had some beer and a mullet I could be a redneck poster child.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Storms popping up all around us within a mile or two of the city but so far looks like we will be spared the heavy stuff again.

I've been working on a friends truck...putting a new fuel pump in as well as injectors etc etc. On an 05, is the wire orange to supply power for the new pump? I cannot remember. I think its orange but not certain.
I posted in the 3rd gen area as well.

Power just dimmed here a few times. Maybe a brown out, maybe the nearby storms.

Enjoy the day, I smell like diesel!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Watched a "This old House" episode last week where they were working on a late 1700's remodel.
They had some pretty interesting ways of making things look square but it was really time, labor and $$ consuming.
EVERYTHING in New England is $$ consuming, but yes, I can see where even making it look square could suck up a lot of time. I don't think my place is going to look all that square when I'm done but I'm kinda going for the old barn look anyway. (good thing for me I guess!) I'm trying to make it look like it might look if they did it back in the 1800's. More functional than aesthetically pleasing. But I won't be disappointed if it looks good too.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I love John Hart's BC strips.

Finally got around to fixing the pac brake on the truck. Throttle switch was bad. Easy fix once I ditched the round slot head screws in it and put in socket head screws. Then I tackled the right side e-brake, which has never worked for me. Took me about 2 hours and some busted tools to get the hub cap off. By the time I got into it, NAPA was closed. O'reilly had no idea what the clip needed would even look like. Tried to drill holes in the arm with a HSS drill. It laughed at me. Finally enlisted a machinist friend who brought over a cobalt drill. Put the lever on the drill press and put holes in it. A little ford style wire, and all is good.

No amount of pretty is worth that much grief getting at a wheel. Hub caps are going in the trash.

Like my mom used to say about this time every Saturday night.

"Another week shot to ........."