Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Deserted Motel,Hotel and Dragons Nest 7/15/12=7/22/12

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
Hey y'all, Blake you make one hell of an entrance, no matter what Chaikwa says about you. Heck me and him are friends and I think school was was in for him!!

Nice to see ya Blake.
Hey Tim

I just like how it gets Scotts hair all in a ball cause I just love going tit for tat with him.... One of my favorite pastimes.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?
I bought a bunch of Alphabet soup once, stuff was defective. Couldnt spell a single word with it.

Then I realized I had picked up a bunch of Spaghetti O's

Morning Misfits
Old 07-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings

Old 07-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark

I bought a bunch of Alphabet soup once, stuff was defective. Couldnt spell a single word with it.

Then I realized I had picked up a bunch of Spaghetti O's

I understand your dilemma.....I on the other hand had the same experience and managed to spell the word Oooooooooooooooooooooooo Sometimes you just have to be a little brighter than the food you are eating

Now don't you feel all warm and fuzzy and glad you dropped by?
Old 07-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I understand your dilemma.....I on the other hand had the same experience and managed to spell the word Oooooooooooooooooooooooo Sometimes you just have to be a little brighter than the food you are eating

Lary - - that is called making lemonade out of the lemons on hand.

Nuther doc appointment knocked out this afternoon - - cardio man was quite happy with me - - that is encouraging. Glad someone is. ....

Off to din din,

PincushionBob
Old 07-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Lary - - that is called making lemonade out of the lemons on hand.
Take the lemons off your hand and it'll be easier to make the lemonade.

Nuther doc appointment knocked out this afternoon - - cardio man was quite happy with me - - that is encouraging. Glad someone is. ....
You sound like you feel like you've had a set back when in fact the only set back you've experienced is in your mind. I understand your trepidation with the whole situation, but it seems like you're being harder on yourself than is warranted. Glad you just had gas Bob!

Evening all.

Replaced 2 axles and all the associated hardware in a dump trailer, replaced 2 fenders, rewired everything, got the landing gear jack to work and freed up the lock mechanism in the hitch. Now I'm bored.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baby Ella will be here on the 7th,
Wow! I swear it was only a month ago you guys got pregnant. Where does the time go.

50th anniversary
That is amazing. Thought our 35th had put us in the old timers league.

Originally Posted by Scotty
I'm so glad I'm all growed up!
Loved that story. I tried to blame my wife one time and wound up with knuckle marks on my shoulder.

Name:  100_2456Large.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  171.9 KB

Been busy. The one is 28 inches. Got thirteen yesterday. Salmon for dinner two nights in a row. Im going to have a hot dog tonight.
~
Old 07-20-2012, 07:57 PM

Glad you just had gas Bob!
Now I'm bored.
Boy don't I wish. Others may not be happy over it, but sure would have been better than what is going on. This has not been fun and its not over. gggrrrr

Originally Posted by Bark
That is amazing. Thought our 35th had put us in the old timers league.

Been busy. The one is 28 inches. Got thirteen yesterday. Salmon for dinner two nights in a row. Im going to have a hot dog tonight.
~
35th???? I keep wondering how it can be 50 when I am only 39. Oh yeh - - forgot - - we got married when we were 10 - - yeh - - that's it - - and I am sticking to that story. ...

And your pics are making me sick - - - and jealous - - - and anxious. Save some to spawn for next year. Hey, 13???? Limit was 4/day when I was there. What happened?

Bob
Old 07-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Administrator

This has not been fun and its not over.
No, but it's not what you initially thought it was, and that's a GOOD thing! We want you around for many more years of harassment!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:00 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, 13???? Limit was 4/day when I was there. What happened?
Personal use permit. Also its a weird year. Because of a severe lack of Kings into the Kenai they shut down the commercial set net fisheries to allow more kings up the river.
As a result a lot more reds are coming up.
They think the kings are getting snatched by foreign fisheries when they are out in international waters.
Could spell the end of the world class Alaska King Salmon Fishery.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Morbing all.

SATURDAY, JULY 21st:

1733 - John Winthrop was granted the first honorary Doctor of Law Degree given by Harvard College in Cambridge, MA.

1861 - The first major battle of the U.S. Civil War began. It was the Battle of Bull Run at Manassas Junction, VA. The Confederates won the battle.

1925 - The "Monkey Trial" ended in Dayton, TN. John T. Scopes was convicted of violating the state law for teaching Darwin's theory of evolution. The conviction was later overturned.

1930 - The Veterans’ Administration of the United States was established.

1944 - American forces landed on Guam during World War II.

1954 - The Geneva Conference partitioned Vietnam into North Vietnam and South Vietnam.

1961 - Capt. Virgil "Gus" Grissom became the second American to rocket into a sub-orbital pattern around the Earth. He was flying on the Liberty Bell 7.

1980 - Draft registration began in the United States for 19 and 20-year-old men.

1997 - The U.S.S. Constitution, which defended the United States during the War of 1812, set sail under its own power for the first time in 116 years.

2004 - White House officials were briefed on the September 11 commission's final report. The 575-page report concluded that hijackers exploited "deep institutional failings within our government." The report was released to the public the next day.

2011 - Space Shuttle Atlantis landed at Kennedy Space Center in Florida. It was the last flight of NASA's space shuttle program.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time.

Coffee is ready for your enjoyment!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Yup. Ive been missing DTR sorely. Had some office time lately, gotta catch up.

Wow! I swear it was only a month ago you guys got pregnant. Where does the time go.[/IMG]

Im not really sure where it goes but it sure goes quick!

Nice fishes!

Coffee is ready for your enjoyment!
I just love coffee in the morbing.....

Mornin yous uns
Old 07-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Administrator

I just love coffee in the morbing.....
Why don't YOU have some Kool-Aid instead of coffee! One little speeling mistake...
Old 07-21-2012, 07:15 AM

I thought that was how we were spelling it now. I rather it that way. I was happily agreeing with you!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Administrator

I thought that was how we were spelling it now. I rather it that way. I was happily agreeing with you!
Why don't you go make some horsepower power or something!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:42 AM

Why don't you go make some horsepower power or something!
HUH????............

No, but it's not what you initially thought it was, and that's a GOOD thing! We want you around for many more years of harassment!
Awwww, you made me blush. ..........................

Personal use permit. Also its a weird year. Because of a severe lack of Kings into the Kenai they shut down the commercial set net fisheries to allow more kings up the river.
As a result a lot more reds are coming up.
They think the kings are getting snatched by foreign fisheries when they are out in international waters.
Could spell the end of the world class Alaska King Salmon Fishery.
Those are pretty looking fish. I look at my movies of the "combat fishing" on the creek in downtown Anchorage and watch people haul 100 pound Kings out of the river with all the tall buildings and people everywhere and the restaurants hanging out over the water with people out on the decks looking thru the floor cracks at the salmon being caught, all the while they are up there eating salmon. Crazee - - and so neat. Loved it. We think of that scene every time we pull out our ULU knife to use it cuz the factory is right there. Neat spot. OK Bob, you have to wait until next year.......................

Wow gang, it's Saturday - -- again - - where did this week go? Finish my coffee and out of here. LOts to do to catch up. Have a gudurn,

Bob

Quick Reply: The Deserted Motel,Hotel and Dragons Nest 7/15/12=7/22/12