Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Countdown to Christmas Breakroom! Nov 29- 12 5th 2015

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 04:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Considering her marksmanship, I recommend lot's of yes ma'am!

Enjoy your time together! Congratulations to your Bride!
Old 11-30-2015, 04:37 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RV Larry? oh my. all I can picture is D Day (Animal House) on the loose.

Congrats to your DW....wowo lot of lives she actually touched, lol!

Weird busy today: Social security office to looking for a deer shot in the swamp.

NE, ancestry is interesting. I just might use Anc.com to get some clue about what heritage I am.... not buying a kilt though. timeline some history, lot of folks were fleeing something early 1800s...

hunters here just coming in.......off to listen
Old 12-01-2015, 05:19 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi...
...Bye
Old 12-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Hi...
...Bye
HEY - - - NO NO - - - - WE NEED MORE THAN THAT. Where you been? What doing? How going? Ya know - - some gossip - - give it up, boy............

Morning gang - - so sorry about weather for some of you. Horrible. Really lousy here again today. 82 high, sun is too bright, grass is too green, flowers are too brilliant, birds are singing too loud, pool is calling out for company too loud. So, what do I do? Back across the street to try and finish the job of loading W10 on her computer. 5-1/2 hours on line with Microsoft techs yesterday and they still don't have it fixed. Something in 7 is missing and they can't find what so far. Fanny is sore from sitting. Now some more. Hope they can wrap it up quickly today - - have too much to do for all this.

Phoo is on........................
Old 12-01-2015, 09:39 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, agreed! wanna know more from scottysnowgo!

hunters back, nothing moving. not even a squirrel. windy and weather changing.

Fiver, show up those techs! use the "fix all' tab for windows 7. then load 10.
from your lanai..........ay yi yi. computers.......

cat is on my shins. brought a chinchilla in for the hunters and put it in the bathtub. soooooooo thoughtful.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Took a stroll around the property.
Seems the local "hunters" bagged a smallish deer in the past day or so.
I can tell because they backed on to my posted property, cleaned and skinned their deer, removed the head and hindquarters, and left the rest of the carcass in the woods.
Think they tagged it and took it to a State game check station?
I highly doubt it.
Going to take a few pics in the morning and forward them to the local game warden's office.
Slob hunters.
That's what makes folks post no hunting signs.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:51 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Took a stroll around the property.
Seems the local "hunters" bagged a smallish deer in the past day or so.
I can tell because they backed on to my posted property, cleaned and skinned their deer, removed the head and hindquarters, and left the rest of the carcass in the woods.
Think they tagged it and took it to a State game check station?
I highly doubt it.
Going to take a few pics in the morning and forward them to the local game warden's office.
Slob hunters.
That's what makes folks post no hunting signs.
Used to happen around here a lot. Doesn't any more.

Might have something to do with taking out their windows with a 30-06. Ya think?

JWBM That's my kind of cat.

FiverBangHeaBob..... I think I'll forgo the 10 "upgrade" till you guys get the bugs worked out.

Scotty I agree with Bobby.

DW's been fighting afib for a couple of weeks. Finally told me, and been real tough over the weekend. Went to Minnesota Natural Medicine today and got a referral to a cardiologist that won't just blanket bomb with chemicals undoing most of the nutritional stuff she's been doing for 5 years. Tomorrow's going to be a long, possibly tough day.

Got about 5 inches of heavy wet slop here last night. Hated to drive the Cummins in the salt to the cities today, but the 96 Honda I just bought doesn't run below freezing. After $250 worth of professional guess work, I chased the bug down to the PCM. Only problem is I have to dig the thing out from under the carpet to find out which one of about 12 possibilities it is. Guess I'll have to use the Dodge tomorrow.

Gotta go do the dishes.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Prayers sent from WV to J Martins wife for a quick cure and speedy recovery
Old 12-02-2015, 05:55 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Prayers sent from WV to J Martins wife for a quick cure and speedy recovery
Ditto on what my Elder Twin said.
Hanyday files
Old 12-02-2015, 07:24 AM

Sending my Prayers to J Martin.

Got to work yesterday at 0430 and got home at 2000. Head cold and night shift tonight, and modified day shift the rest of the week. Anybody know what day it is???????

I hate taking cold medicine!!! So far, the Vitamin C and zinc are not helping this time.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
FiverBangHeaBob..... I think I'll forgo the 10 "upgrade" till you guys get the bugs worked out.

Scotty I agree with Bobby.

DW's been fighting afib for a couple of weeks. Finally told me, and been real tough over the weekend. Went to Minnesota Natural Medicine today and got a referral to a cardiologist that won't just blanket bomb with chemicals undoing most of the nutritional stuff she's been doing for 5 years. Tomorrow's going to be a long, possibly tough day.
The upgrade went flawless on my computer. Now, just trying to get used to it. So far, trying to find simple programs is much more time consuming than with W7, but learning. I was quite surprised about the neighbors unit - - the test said it was capable and ready - - no way - - 8 hours of on-line time we finally find out that model number has a glitch for loading any newer programs.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Ditto on what my Elder Twin said.
Hanyday files
Well, at least that is more than we heard the last time - - still way too little. What is happening with you, boy - - don't make me come all the way up there and bat your ears (and then run like wild man.......).

Ph00 and coffee on .................................gone shopping.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:57 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Thanks for the prayers, guys. She'll probably get hospitalized today.

Sherod, Stand naked at an open window and enjoy the winter weather....Can't cure a cold. Pneumonia can be cured.

Gotta go do some household chores.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Remembering her in our prayers.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
NE, ancestry is interesting. I just might use Anc.com to get some clue about what heritage I am.... not buying a kilt though. timeline some history, lot of folks were fleeing something early 1800s...
Famine in Europe due to the last mini-ice-age. Much like the first wave of settlers to the "new world".

The study that they were making a big deal about this summer, that said we are headed for another mini-ice-age, has a lot more to it than they were saying on TV.

The authors have a model for solar activity that predicted the current, 11-year cycle of solar activity, with 97% accuracy. Good luck finding a climate model that can do that.

They found that there is also a 206-year cycle, which corresponds to the last 2 mini-ice-ages. And we're coming into the same part of solar patterns as at the start of the last 2.

But we're going to fry within the next 50 years if we don't completely tear down modern civilization.
Diminishing solar activity may bring new Ice Age by 2030 | Astronomy Now
Old 12-02-2015, 09:55 PM

Ok, another 20 hour day down the drain. I really think I'm calling this work week over!

Taught CPR to all the guys at work that were overdue. Talked several into having their family attend the next classes.

Thinking about some family time for the next few days.

Quick Reply: Countdown to Christmas Breakroom! Nov 29- 12 5th 2015