Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Countdown to Christmas Breakroom! Nov 29- 12 5th 2015

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Great News J Martin!

Please give her our best
Old 12-04-2015, 06:47 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
DW is doin gud. They decided the PepTACE she took along is harmless and are dispensing it to her. It's probably doing as much or more good as the drugs they are giving her. Her ticker's clicking along like it should.

I expect to pick her up and take her home tomorrow.

Thanks again all of youse.
Excellent report - - thanks. Happy for both of you. Just make her behave until she has her legs back under her.

Hey, congrats Scotty - - you finally let us know really and for sure you are still breathing. I was thinking your Hi/Bye routine was automated. LOL

Rain, rain, rain down here. Just heard we had more rain last night than the average is for the whole month of December and more coming for two more days. December and January are normally somewhat dry.

Waiting for delivery to finish the uploading of the new computer and get to use it. Can't wait for the three screen experience - - going to be fun and really help on video editing. Light day today, so catch up time. Have not shopped for Christmas yet - - gotta start thinking about that. Thank goodness the blonde is so good at keeping up with the family stuff, but now I have to catch up for her. Hmmm?????.............

Coffee, ph00 and blueberry muffins on the counter waiting for you to get your fat - - - uhhhhh - - - 'tush'???? out of bed and come get it. Have a great day.

Bobby
Old 12-04-2015, 07:28 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Mmmmm good coffee...thanks Bob

Trying to fortify the entrance to the bunker so I can hide from the honey do list....oops too late C-Ya
Old 12-04-2015, 09:09 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Thanks guys. DW had a good night. Still planning on picking her up today.

With all the running around and feeding myself (or not) I'm down do my High School weight. Should I tell her that? Maybe be sure nothing heavy and throwable is nearby first.

Compensated some this morning. Made a 900 calorie smoothie from a mix of the powdered concentrated foods around here and some almond butter and avocado laced with blueberries. I feel full.

Gotta go take care of 2016 medicare enrollment , buy gas, and go get DW.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:27 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good news, let it continue JM! easy does it since docs have been cleaning the gutters....and yes! less stress is always welcome! Phew, let my breath out for ewe guyz....Prayers still on full throttle. we are a dodge site...

C ration powdered eggs put me off of any of this new stuff. oatmeal, grits, tang, yeah- that's ohhhhh kaaaaay. MREs pick n choose; MountainHouse rations are still suspicious to me. Gander mountain guys laugh at me.....

Sherodsupercivilservant, as the Army Air Corp unit sez "Anytime, Baby!"
7th? old trucks to snowcats, I saw it yesterday. Amish to a high tech vet with black biometric type (?) legs. Finger lakes area of new York state has some amazing secrets beyond the natural wonders. meeting the people is still my greatest education......

scotty not snowbound! good to have a sentence. proves your brain works, glad you have some family time coming!

lots of phone calls today, proves God has a sense of humor....
Old 12-04-2015, 12:44 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Good news, let it continue JM! easy does it since docs have been cleaning the gutters....and yes! less stress is always welcome! Phew, let my breath out for ewe guyz....Prayers still on full throttle. we are a dodge site...

lots of phone calls today, proves God has a sense of humor....

Like Heidi said, good news etc.

I am positive that God has a sense of humor - humour where I come from. Doesn't the Bible say that we are made in the image of God? That being the case, we have a sense of humour, so therefore God has too. In fact, I suspect that He has an even bigger sense of humour than we do.

Running around getting the house nice and spiffy for the big family gathering tomorrow. Just discovered a toilet that refuses to fill up, so back to the hardware store for the second time today. Fun, fun, fun. Not, not, not!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Like Heidi said, good news etc.

I am positive that God has has a sense of humor - humour where I come from. Doesn't the Bible say that we are made in the image of God? That being the case, we have a sense of humour, so therefore God has too. In fact, I suspect that He has an even bigger sense of humour than we do.
That might explain some things, like the platypus,.

DW is home. Sleepy and tired, but in one piece and plotting recovery.

gotta go spend a half a grand on meds.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
DW is home. Sleepy and tired, but in one piece and plotting recovery. gotta go spend a half a grand on meds.
Excellent news. So happy for you and the wife. Be gentle.

Bob
Old 12-04-2015, 08:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
J Martin-- Super glad to hear!

Just responded to an airplane down off our little airport. Glad to report pilot is ok, sore, but ok. Plane is a writeoff. Bonanza lost power after gear retract and belly landed after hitting a power pole. Have the plane recovered and secured for the alphabet guys. Was a joy to see the EMS/LEO/General public cooperate to assist.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Excellent news. So happy for you and the wife. Be gentle.

Bob
Thanks for the advice. How did you know?

Manufacturer of the expensive medicine gave us a months supply (trial) coupon. That saves almost 400 bucks.

Her ticker's still actin' up, even with all the patent medicine stuff. Not out of the woods yet..

Looking at all the side effects makes one wonder if a heart attack would be better.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
j great news! Hope DW does well.
My high school weight was 245. Lean with 34" waist. Not now though

I am home.
New puppy for our daughter tomorrow. She found it and made the deal. It's called a Chorki. LoL lil wee pup. Should be fun.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:31 AM

Wow, another week has come and gone. They are flying. Scotty, neat choice for present - - knowing her, she will love it.

Fresh Coffee and Ph00 are made and smell good. Rise and shine and come enjoy the day that God has made. ....................

Big wedding today. Step granddaughter. Sounds like quite a shindig. Fun.

Bob
Old 12-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Wow, another week has come and gone. They are flying. Scotty, neat choice for present - - knowing her, she will love it.

Fresh Coffee and Ph00 are made and smell good. Rise and shine and come enjoy the day that God has made. ....................

Big wedding today. Step granddaughter. Sounds like quite a shindig. Fun.

Bob
Lary and I love digging our shins.
He uses butter knives. I use afro picks.

Maddi has been in karate for a few months. She is tested for yellow belt at the end of January.
This past Thursday she beat an orange and a green belt in some of the training/testing. LoL
Old 12-05-2015, 07:50 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wooo hoooo, , so good to recoup at home! no, she will not cook for you. rest, relax, retrain, repeat

yeah, I hear ya on the meds...your doc may have samples as well...
I just sell another jeep......kidding. trying humour but kinda scary true.

weddings! family fest en Mehico! New puppy love!! warm weather for me!

what a joyous season for sure! let's keep it.

Scotty, 245 and no waist? well, not that you'd see...... wowza.

glad to hear from ya, so why am I poking the giant? remember to look at the couch before sitting on the puppy....

off to do stuff
Old 12-05-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Maddi has been in karate for a few months. She is tested for yellow belt at the end of January.
This past Thursday she beat an orange and a green belt in some of the training/testing. LoL
I could see her being good at that. Just be ready with a towel for that broken nose - - - - and make sure they reset it straight. Ask me how I know. (son was in karate and was good - - one guy swung too hard and nailed his nose - - still crooked)

Seeing some breaking up in the clouds and a little sunshine - wow, so bright.

More.......................

Quick Reply: Countdown to Christmas Breakroom! Nov 29- 12 5th 2015