Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom - Oct 6 - Oct 12

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Breakroom - Oct 6 - Oct 12

About ready to head for bed and thought I would come and update all on Scotty. Hmmmm, no new breakroom. Soooo, here it is.

Busy day again today. Have to be on the jobsite at 7 in the morning, so heading in soon and just now time to check the latest news.
There was an email from Scotty Saturday and it is no good. He is having the pounding and pain in the shoulder/arm again. So,
he goes in tomorrow for another round of white cell blood count tests in Regina. Then, if all goes as planned, he will fly to Calgary on
Wednesday to the surgeon for report of the tests and work out from that. Plus, that cracker jack daughter of his will be playing in some
major basketball games in Calgary. She is something else on that court. One of the youngest in the league and yet one of the toughest.
Would love to see her in action. Anyhow, more prayers for Scotty would be appreciated.

Me gone to load the car and prepare for bed. Have a great night.

Bob
Old 10-06-2019, 08:15 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Thanks for the update on Scotty.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (10-06-2019)
Old 10-06-2019, 10:03 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Dang! What a bummer
Old 10-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
It's official! Woke up to our first snow on the ground Sunday morning. Didn't last long though. 23° and clearing off for today, but more rain or possibly snow by tomorrow. The desk repairs are going well, looking for a matching chair to go with it. One of the new guys they hired for my department is useless. Hope they dump him soon so we can get someone else in there. The other guy came from one of the companies we assimilated and is fitting in nicely.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:57 PM

HMMMM???? SNOW IN OCTOBER? I worked in the office building all day today and was literally drenched in sweat by 3pm - - dripping from my T shirt.
Got a lot done but so much more to do. This pain leaves you exhausted trying to work with it. Horrible. Was just raining good and now quite. It was
in the high 80's here today.

Scotty got his tests OK and has the paperwork to take with him on Thursday to Calgary. Praying it is something minor. He has had enough of all this stuff.

I am exhausted from my work today. Amazed at how work leaves me so tired right now. Glad when this pain is gone. So, I am heading in early and see
what happens. Think I will be asleep before I hit 2nd page of reading my book.

ShutEyeBobby
Old 10-08-2019, 09:30 AM

Yep, SNOW in October. Not unusual at all. May (or may not) get a little more this morning before it turns to rain this afternoon. A bit under the weather yesterday with this terrible cold so I spent it napping and repairing corrupted programs on my computer. I seem to have been successful. Now I can run a new image back up.
Made some coffee and left some scrambled eggs, sausage, and fruit on the counter. The eggs and sausages are Alaska grown.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
Yep, SNOW in October. Not unusual at all. May (or may not) get a little more this morning before it turns to rain this afternoon. A bit under the weather yesterday with this terrible cold so I spent it napping and repairing corrupted programs on my computer. I seem to have been successful. Now I can run a new image back up.
Made some coffee and left some scrambled eggs, sausage, and fruit on the counter. The eggs and sausages are Alaska grown.
Yum.... Sausage and,eggs from AK? Sounds even better
Old 10-08-2019, 04:18 PM

Hey - - - you know what? Stupid time of the day for scrambled eggs, but a nice little plate of such sound really good. - - - - OK, very good. I will leave the
sausage for someone else to goad their LDL.

Had some interesting news when I got up this morning and checked out the pool equipment. The new hose I put in on Saturday was leaking and the
level went down to the point the fountain quit running. Soooo, went out to turn everything off and see what happened to my work. Touched the
timer/control and a loud bang, smoke and pump quit running. Grrrrrr. The control unit is pretty complicated and definitely not something I know
much about. Opened it up and the first connector I looked at was smoked - - touched it and it fell apart. Easy fix. And reworked the replaced
hose. So fired it back up and all is well - - been running all day. Saved a bunch of money fixing it rather than replace it. Not a cheap unit at all
with all the options on it.

Other than that, finally a rather slow day letting me catch up on a bunch of stuff on the peuter and on my desk. More relaxed the rest of the
week unless something else decides to act up. So, no ph00 - - b00 - - so me gone. Morry,
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 04:48 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Just got a note from Scotty. He had just received the report of the white cell work they were doing. All is looking normal. Scotty says this is the first clear
sign in many a moon - - even years. Still heading for Calgary to the surgeon and let him update files and I think Scotty said they are removing stitches. Or
was that my friend here who was just operated on. Can't remember which one - - but Scotty is excited about his progress.

OK, bye bye again.
The following 3 users liked this post by FiverBob:
cougar (10-09-2019), NJTman (10-08-2019), Shovelhead (10-08-2019)
Old 10-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Just got a note from Scotty. He had just received the report of the white cell work they were doing. All is looking normal. Scotty says this is the first clear
sign in many a moon - - even years. Still heading for Calgary to the surgeon and let him update files and I think Scotty said they are removing stitches. Or
was that my friend here who was just operated on. Can't remember which one - - but Scotty is excited about his progress.

OK, bye bye again.
What about the pain? That go away?
Old 10-09-2019, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
What about the pain? That go away?
He did not mention the pain in this latest note. I think he was so excited about the news he forgot about any pain. It was pain that first alerted him to possible
problems. We should know more by next Monday, if not sooner.

Ph00 is on and I brought a pan of Baked Banana/Nut French toast. Maple syrup is in the cupboard. Enjoy.

Bob
Old 10-09-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
He did not mention the pain in this latest note. I think he was so excited about the news he forgot about any pain. It was pain that first alerted him to possible
problems. We should know more by next Monday, if not sooner.

Ph00 is on and I brought a pan of Baked Banana/Nut French toast. Maple syrup is in the cupboard. Enjoy.

Bob
MMMMM.... Banana Nut...... yummy....

I guess I won't be needing this blueberry oatmeal mush I made earlier, eh ?

Thanks for the update.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:16 AM

Hey Bob, you gotta remember that Alaska has its own time zone. A "stupid" time of the day to you is a brilliant time of the day to us. And besides, we don't have to share our time zone like you do.
37° and rain. Need to get to the dump.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:13 AM

Hey Bob, ...:
37° and rain. Need to get to the dump.
Try adding more veggies to your diet...
Old 10-09-2019, 04:56 PM

Hey Bob, you gotta remember that Alaska has its own time zone.
How well I remember - - and the sun does not know how to behave and when to go to sleep. I have spent about 6 months in the state.
Love it - - - well, most of the time. Would not wish to be there in the winter - - I will stick to Florida for the winter. YEH. Found a lot of places
up there that we could spend a good 6 months in that one spot and then head for FL for the winter. Amazing state.

Little ph00 left and still warm - - grab a cup and hit the road. ……………..

Quick Reply: Breakroom - Oct 6 - Oct 12