Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom - Oct 6 - Oct 12

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 04:59 PM

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Township Inspector showed up today, and said it was "purr-fect"

Old 10-10-2019, 06:17 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 158 Likes on 122 Posts
Good morning. Been too busy to add anything lately. Fresh coffee and ph00 awaits any visitors. Next person here hopefully will bring some munchies.

Got the concrete roof completed on my cottage. Hired a 10 person crew to do this. Amazing to watch them doing the job. They brought their own homemade machine to lift the concrete up to the roof and had the entire job completed in only a couple of hours. 48 bags of cement, about 5 cubic meters of sand and many cubic meters of stone. Can't figure out how to upload a video I took of the operation.

That is great news about Scotty. Keep this good news coming eh.

Off to get another busy day started.
Ciao.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:39 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning! Thanks for the coffee Stan, Apple fritters and fresh donuts on the counter, Dig In!
Old 10-10-2019, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning. Been too busy to add anything lately. Fresh coffee and ph00 awaits any visitors. Next person here hopefully will bring some munchies.

Got the concrete roof completed on my cottage. Hired a 10 person crew to do this. Amazing to watch them doing the job. They brought their own homemade machine to lift the concrete up to the roof and had the entire job completed in only a couple of hours. 48 bags of cement, about 5 cubic meters of sand and many cubic meters of stone. Can't figure out how to upload a video I took of the operation.

That is great news about Scottie. Keep this good news coming eh.

Off to get another busy day started.
Ciao.
Youboob, or just pics will be fine.

So, they set up a form, added rebar or wire, then poured the roof? Similar to a bridge being fabbed on site?
Old 10-10-2019, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning! Thanks for the coffee Stan, Apple fritters and fresh donuts on the counter, Dig In!
Mmmmmm.... Fritters.

Thanks Lary. How's life? Still able to avoid those projectile frying pans? Most of them?
Old 10-10-2019, 06:59 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Video was taken on my cell phone and can't figure out how to post that. Everything I try tells me that the file is too big. Will keep working on this.

Yes, similar to the way a bridge is built on site. The forms and rebar were installed last week. 50 6 meter lengths of 3/8" rebar plus a bunch of 3/16" grid. The grid (4" spacing) comes on large roll, all welded together.

Fritters? And donuts? OK, will try one of each. Thanks Lary
Old 10-10-2019, 09:16 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Finally slowed down enough to say b00, but no ph00---- t00 late. Got a lot of paper work done today at the desk and some minor work in the yard with
the lawn crew. Boy the house looks super tonight after all the trimming and shaping of plants. Wife went out and came back in "I didn't know you were
going to have them doing all that - - - it is beautiful." How about that - - - we made the blonde happy.

Heading for Main street tomorrow and spend time guiding the cutting of a big hole thru a wall and installing double 15 pane doors. Getting it ready
for a big shindig next week. I am in surgery Monday, so will be out of commission to supervise anything final stuff next week for that. Getting
fun.

Me gone to bed. L8R
Old 10-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey gang - - ya'll out there???? Just got time to open up and see what happened out there. Not much - - no posts.

WELL, SOMETHING HAPPENED HERE. Do you want to hear about it? ……………..

OK, here ya go - - - just had a long phone call from Scotty. He was still in Calgary and had come from his doctor visit to his surgeon.
They went over the tests together, inspection and he told Scotty to go home and go to work - - full time. No sign of any of the old
problems. He sounded so much more relaxed and happy. wow he sounded good. Was recounting the events and how it is so different
now. I was very happy when I hung up to have that relief. He was in a mess. My wife took out a good friend of ours for lunch today. She
has been given a year to live. Had a cancer on her foot - - they finally cut part of her foot off to try and stop it. Suddenly they found it had
spread all over. This is a couple that came up to Alaska and stayed with us in the RV for almost a month traveling all over that great state.
This was so sad. Today, she told my wife they have started her on another new drug under testing and it did not mess her all up to take it.
She was very much changed, had put on some weight, no pain and the pictures are showing nodules decreasing in size. Tough to be that
sick with seemingly nothing they can do for you. I can only imagine how Scotty feels. God is good.

Gotta go and help in the kitchen a bit. Have a great one but keep Scotty and family in your prayers. Going to be a bit tough getting back
up to par with all the family and new job responsibilities.

L8R
The following users liked this post:
Shovelhead (10-12-2019)
Old 10-11-2019, 06:22 PM

Finally .......... some fantastic news about Scotty. Absolutely no doubt about it, God answers prayer. I am sure that quite a few DTR members have been praying for him, plus many others. Scotty, please keep us posted on your progress and your new and "improved" lifestyle. Thanks Bob for updating us.

On my last trip up to Texas I bought a 225 amp inverter stick welder. My MIG welder does a good job, but got tired of cleaning up all the inevitable spatter and wanted to go back to a stick welder. First time I have used an inverter stick welder. It is a surprising small and very light unit. So far I really like it. Anybody else have any experience with inverter type stick welders?

Still fantastic weather down this part of the world, but too little rain this rainy season. The rainy season ends next month and so far doubt if we have had even close to a 1/4 of the amount of rain that we normally receive. The local farmers are not happy. Some of the locals in the country are telling me that these signs mimic a time many years ago when they had 3 years of minimum rain. Not good!

Time for good cuppa char ie green tea and a snack.

Ciao.