Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Mommy's Day Breakroom May 12 - 18

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 11:12 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Mommy's Day Breakroom May 12 - 18

Well, let's try it one more time and see what happens. Cleaned this joint all up, threw out the garbage, fed the dragon and
cleaned its litter box, washed the dishes and scoured the coffee and ph00 pots. You have fresh coffee and ph00, orange
juice in the fridge (which you will note is also all cleaned out), scrambled eggs with venison sausage, raisin bread beside
the toaster, butter and several fresh jams available, fresh pastries in the box on the counter.

Now, let's see some action around here this week. Come see us - - enjoy some food, rattle on a while, then go enjoy
your day. Me? Headed for bed, then off to church in the morning - - will stop in when I get home. Grabbing a ph00
now to put me to sleep. ……………….…………….

Bob
Old 05-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Happy Mother’s Day Bobble.
Sorry, rolled in here with the munchies.
cleaned out all the edibles.
Check the smoker, got some pork butts on there closing in on an 18hr smoke.
Igonow

Old 05-12-2019, 04:57 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Nice Scotty, but you've got me confused. Lary said "Scotty has a nice butt" but I thought he was talking about your ****, and he had some sort of affliction towards you

Anyway, thanks for clarifying that ! Hope you're feeling better and the recovery is on its way.

Rain for 4 days straight here. I think somehow ive been transplanted up to the NW corner of the US, as it just rains here constantly. Hard,to work outside with cement materials in the rain, but I digress.

Grabbed two slices of raisin bread, toasted them, spread the raspberry preserves on them and I'm heading out. Sorry for the crumbs, but there is a line of ants moving in to grab what's on the counter. They work fast, so ...

Off to the gym. Need to spend a couple hours stretching out, as the longer I live, the more stuff hurts when I get up.

Fed the cat on the way out, so all is well

See ya!
Old 05-12-2019, 05:06 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts

My tribute to my mother's in law past

Wife will be sobbing today...she was a good woman
Old 05-12-2019, 07:32 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Jist cuz Lary and eye r twins doesn’t mean we have an affliction for butts. Now ifn ewe tok LEGGS thats a whole difrnt movie.

Theres Butts n Leggs in that picture 😀🙈
Old 05-12-2019, 07:44 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Still a bit warmer than usual, but expect the temps to go down once the rainy season starts, which could be any time now.

Hey, food! Thanks Bob. Too bad that there is not much left after that Scotty guy arrived and guzzled so much. Maybe someone else will bring more?

So far so good with the new injectors in my truck. The engine is noticeably quieter and smoother, have more power at the low end and better fuel consumption. The overhead used to average around 17 -18 mpg but now is showing 20 - 21 mpg. Only done one fill up so far, but on that one got more miles per half tank than normal. Will know better after the next fill up.

This week is going to be an even busier week than normal for me and not looking forward to all the work that I need to accomplish.

For some time now have been working on becoming more healthy and slimming down. It's working! Now only 4 pounds heavier than I was in my early twenties and down 5 belt holes. I feel good and use zero meds.

Off to get ready for the day.

Ciao
Old 05-12-2019, 01:45 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning from Paradise. Still a bit warmer than usual, but expect the temps to go down once the rainy season starts, which could be any time now.

Hey, food! Thanks Bob. Too bad that there is not much left after that Scotty guy arrived and guzzled so much. Maybe someone else will bring more?

So far so good with the new injectors in my truck. The engine is noticeably quieter and smoother, have more power at the low end and better fuel consumption. The overhead used to average around 17 -18 mpg but now is showing 20 - 21 mpg. Only done one fill up so far, but on that one got more miles per half tank than normal. Will know better after the next fill up.

This week is going to be an even busier week than normal for me and not looking forward to all the work that I need to accomplish.

For some time now have been working on becoming more healthy and slimming down. It's working! Now only 4 pounds heavier than I was in my early twenties and down 5 belt holes. I feel good and use zero meds.

Off to get ready for the day.

Ciao
Good to hear yer doing well. Are you swimming a mile a day with your wife yet?

Came to get a snack, but Stan beat me to it.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:57 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Nope. Leave the daily non-stop one mile swim to my wife. I do lots of other very physical work to keep me in shape.

I did not beat you to the food. Scotty was here first. That old adage 'you snooze, you lose' applies to both of us here.

About to leave to join friends for a delicious lunch at a Mexican restaurant.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Top's Younger Twin

I left a smoker full of good food. Not sure how you’d miss that being that it’s sitting in the living room.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:45 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Thanks Scotty, making inroads on the smoked goodness. You said 18 hours including tax..

Will go to bed now and burp the Euro Hymn and some improvisations to mother's day to my wife... and will report the outcome if I survive..

Nice knowing you folks!
Old 05-12-2019, 03:52 PM
Top's Younger Twin

18hr 26lb Inside round roast. Better then Brisket
The following users liked this post:
FiverBob (05-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

No injections, liquid smoke or other funky additives are used in the meat. A simple dusting/rub of Himalayan Salt, Coarse ground black pepper and ground dry garlic. I spritz the meats every 1.5hrs for the first 9hrs with a proprietary blend of apple juice and pickle juice. The bark is dark, flavorful and chewy not tough.
The 26 pounder rendered down to 21.5lbs of delight.
I cook these and the pork butts for friends and family.
Local delivery available. Did a batch of six for the nurses at my last surgery.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
I left a smoker full of good food. Not sure how you’d miss that being that it’s sitting in the living room.
WOW. that is a gorgeous grill of meat. Nothing like good smoked meat, most any kind. I have the built in gas grill
in the lanai rigged up to carry charcoal and/or wood chips. Soak the chips in water for about an hour before laying
them on the rack - - what a difference in taste than just the gas. So easy to get them started - light the gas and
let them get rolling, then cut the gas way back or off pending how many cubes I put on. I will have to take a pic
and post it.

Bob

ps: Just caught your last picture, Scotty. I got waylayed on the phone in the middle of the post. I had to grab a hanky
before I drowned myself that looks so good. You gave me some great ideas for flavoring. Thanks. Sounds delicious.
Will try it next time out there. New week tomorrow - - hope good news comes, buddy. It's time.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:53 PM

Scotty, that looks super delicious. Too bad you only make local deliveries. Can't you make a one-off exception and bring some down to me?
Old 05-13-2019, 07:36 AM

Gorgeous day dawned here - - busy one for me. Get my knee brace this morning - - hope that helps the pain. Then off for more
"on the feet" work measuring and sketching for the plans on the major changes at an office building. Going to be nice changes, update it. We have owned it for 40 years and have not done anything outside except paint. It is time. All new hurricane, tinted
and insulated windows plus new store front windows with the same specs, only a whole lot thicker. Wow are they
expensive. $2500 for one pane of glass - - 10 panes - - UHHH, don't make me add it up - - will loose my breakfast.

OK, ph00 and coffee are on and brought a big assortment of pastries. Have a great day.
……………………...……………….

Quick Reply: Mommy's Day Breakroom May 12 - 18