Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom July 14 - 20

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Done😎
Old 07-19-2019, 09:26 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Done😎
Thanks Ed - - - very confusing the way the forum is laid out now without having multiple breakroom threads open. Appreciate it getting locked.

Long day, but did get a lot of work done. Nothing manual, all office work. Won't say I am caught up, but better than this morning. Cleaned
up this kitchen to ready it for tomorrow. Have a new ph00 flavor for ya tomorrow - - you will love it.

Heading for bed - - eyes tired from all the computer work. Have a great sleep - - one more day and it is Sunday again. My life is flying by.

TpaperBob
Old 07-20-2019, 06:52 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
New gorgeous day dawned, new opportunities for us have also dawned - - - let's gogetum. …………..

Going to try and wash the car today. Hope I don't mess anything up. Going to be clumsy with these braces on, but car is dirty, so...…..

Made fresh coffee and a new ph00 flavor for y00. Hope you like it - - I love it - - just found it. Also brought fresh banana/walnut pancakes and maple syrup.

……………….
Old 07-20-2019, 08:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
😋
Good lookin day eh
Old 07-20-2019, 10:18 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Well, good afternoon everybody.

Did supervise my wife changing the engine and transmission oil in her 84 BMW R80 ST (not that there was much to do for me) and had the stepson of a friend come over with his trials bike.

It came fresh from servicing at a local garage... his question that I should take a look at his trans oil- funny that it looks like there are a lot of metal flakes in there.. while draining the oil I smell solvents.. not a nice thing to put into gear oil.
They had also changed the fork seals, after their second try there was no more leakage.
A quick look, and where there is no oil, no oil will come out of the fork- and if you install a seal with the wrong outer diameter it will leak.
The residual fork oil was also of the wrong specification.
I hate that, the young man has just started riding a trials bike, and now those experts ruin it for him.
The well oiled front disk and brake pads deserve mentioning too.
When I find the time I'll go and rebuild the bike with the young man so that he learns how to do it.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get this from my chest.

Scotty how are you?

Hobblebobble seems to be in his element, trying to make us all much too fat to come visit him.