Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The DTR breakoom July 21 - July 27

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 03:10 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
The DTR breakoom July 21 - July 27

Good morning from Paradise were we do not have the crazy hot or wet weather that so many of you are experiencing right now. Most days here lately have a high of 26 - 28 C with low humidity and light winds. The late afternoons and early night often rains a bit but the mornings are delightful, particularly when everything is freshly rain washed.

It's still very early, but still made a fresh pot of coffee and ph00. Somebody else hopefully will bring some munchies. Was visiting a friend out in the country yesterday and they have a few peach trees that are overloaded with fruit. He shook one branch and there was a shower of peaches on to the ground. Picked up a huge bag and have left some on the counter for your enjoyment. These are organic peaches as these trees have never been fertilized or sprayed.

Got up to go to the bathroom but then my mind started think and think and think. Got lots on my mind right now and got to thinking about everything and could not go back to sleep, so got up. Hate it when my stupid mind will not shut up and let me sleep. Not worried, but just got lots to do. Right now I have a big sheet of paper in front of me with a scale ruler trying to decide on the final window and door sizes and placement of a small building that I am starting to built out in my country property. Love it there as I do not need to submit plans to anybody for approval and can do whatever I want using any materials I choose.

Back to the drawing board. Hope all of you have a fantastic day. Go to church and give thanks for all you have.

Ciao.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:19 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning from Paradise were we do not have the crazy hot or wet weather that so many of you are experiencing right now. Most days here lately have a high of 26 - 28 C with low humidity and light winds. The late afternoons and early night often rains a bit but the mornings are delightful, particularly when everything is freshly rain washed.

It's still very early, but still made a fresh pot of coffee and ph00. Somebody else hopefully will bring some munchies. Was visiting a friend out in the country yesterday and they have a few peach trees that are overloaded with fruit. He shook one branch and there was a shower of peaches on to the ground. Picked up a huge bag and have left some on the counter for your enjoyment. These are organic peaches as these trees have never been fertilized or sprayed.

Got up to go to the bathroom but then my mind started think and think and think. Got lots on my mind right now and got to thinking about everything and could not go back to sleep, so got up. Hate it when my stupid mind will not shut up and let me sleep. Not worried, but just got lots to do. Right now I have a big sheet of paper in front of me with a scale ruler trying to decide on the final window and door sizes and placement of a small building that I am starting to built out in my country property. Love it there as I do not need to submit plans to anybody for approval and can do whatever I want using any materials I choose.

Back to the drawing board. Hope all of you have a fantastic day. Go to church and give thanks for all you have.

Ciao.
And this is what the hot weather can do to you, folks. A breakroom that opens up 7 days prior to it being ready. Heck, they're not even done remodeling the coffee machine yet.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:28 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

WHAT???!!!!! Drat. Did i mess this up? Can't be as I never make mistakes. Just ask my wife. On second thoughts, forget it. Sigh. What or who can I blame this on? Just looked in the mirror and see the culprit. Go back to bed Stan and get out the other side. Maybe one of the mods can fix this. Or cancel the entire thread.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
WHAT???!!!!! Drat. Did i mess this up? Can't be as I never make mistakes. Just ask my wife. On second thoughts, forget it. Sigh. What or who can I blame this on? Just looked in the mirror and see the culprit. Go back to bed Stan and get out the other side. Maybe one of the mods can fix this. Or cancel the entire thread.
Okay, everybody ! Stan had a heat stroke from living too close to the equator !

Out of respect for our fallen comrade, please postpone any posts to this thread until the others have expired, or one of the mods can change the date to the 21st and we can have another 2 week long breakroom.

T-man OUT.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:45 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
81* in Washington @ 06:46.
It’s not even sunrise yet.
Cooler weather forecast for tomorrow.

Thread title has been edited.
😎
Old 07-21-2019, 07:38 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning! Hot coffee, fresh phoo and bacon and eggs on the stove. Biscuits in the oven, sausage gravy in the crock pot, come and get it!!!
Old 07-21-2019, 08:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
👍🏼👋🏼
Thanks for the future is now break room full
of Dragon Droppings and other good eats.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:56 PM

Thanks Lary for the goodies. Heading out soon to go and enjoy some delicious Mexican food at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Thanks Ed for fixing my goof. I am retired, so don't expect me to know what week it is. I barely know when Sunday arrives. Only know breakfast, lunch and dinner times 'cuz my stomach reminds me. Also know bed time, but other than that, have no idea what day of the week it is. Oh, also know coffee time. If I am ever tempted to open another breakroom will have a coffee first and make sure both eyes are open before I look at the calendar.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning! Hot coffee, fresh phoo and bacon and eggs on the stove. Biscuits in the oven, sausage gravy in the crock pot, come and get it!!!
Ooh yummy !

After spending 3 days outside in 94*f weather, I could use some good grub. I must have lost 10 lbs of sweat.

You know it's bad when your wife picks up your clothes in the glad trash bag and complains how heavy and smelly they are.

Anyone who's stupid enough to do what I did deserves the amount of pain in in today. I'll be back to abnormal later.

Are we supposed to eat these dragon droppings ? I know they're magical, but it just sounds gross.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:42 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
51° this AM headed to the mid 70°s. We where hitting the mid 80°s for a few days again, but it looks like we are going to get another break in the heat wave and maybe some much needed rain. Glad I'm not in the lower 48.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

I read somewhere about elephant dung phoo. So far Bobbleton hasn’t complained.
I figured since the Dragons have been eating all the pot(ted) plants, why not steep some Dragon Doo Doo’s.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
I read somewhere about elephant dung phoo. So far Bobbleton hasn’t complained.
I figured since the Dragons have been eating all the pot(ted) plants, why not steep some Dragon Doo Doo’s.

Is this something like Kopi luwak?
Old 07-22-2019, 02:46 PM
Top's Younger Twin

No
I’m not promoting civets in cages/cruelty for special coffee.
I am offering straight up elephant dung phoo and Dragon laced droppings
Old 07-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
No
I’m not promoting civets in cages/cruelty for special coffee.
I am offering straight up elephant dung phoo and Dragon laced droppings
UUUHHH...…………..………......………..maybe I got here too soon. Maybe should go back home and take a nap. Maybe should start a new
breakroom? Maybe should go fishing? Go wash the car??? Bury the dragon droppings before some dummy uses them to make ph00 (note - - no names
mentioned). Ohhh, hi Scotty - - - you off to the doc tomorrow? Don't want you catching more bad stuff by playing the ph00 g00...…...

Think I will wander out and try to find something I can do without hurting. AAAHHH, found it - - sit in easy chair and play tiddlywinks.

LazyBobbles
Old 07-23-2019, 09:16 AM

Wow, still droppings on the floor even after all those 80 mph winds yesterday afternoon. Must be heavier that I thought. Oh well, I guess they'll,just sink to the bottom of the cup, eh?

Heading out to new customers who got hit by the storm, and give them some pricing to fix the damage.

Fresh apple and blueberry fritters on the counter next to the dragon poo tea. Piping hot...in all respects

Quick Reply: The DTR breakoom July 21 - July 27