Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Breakroom July 14 - 20

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 05:42 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Breakroom July 14 - 20

Just got in from church, lunch and running and came to see what was new - - hmm, nothing. So, here we go with another new week.

Made small pot of coffee and ph00 and had some pastries left from SS class this morning, so brought them. Enjoy.

Lots cooking this week for me but boring so won't bother you with it. Just know that I will not be home much, rather downtown at the
office building prepping for major remodel. Hopefully get permit pulled this week so we can get going. Things are going well for the
reunion I am planning, so looks like that is running well. Try to run by when I can this week. Have a good week.

…….……..
Old 07-14-2019, 07:00 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
High

Buy

It has been a bit rough with the weather here. Baseball size hail, tornadoes, 70mph plow winds and more lightning strikes then ever recorded. Non stop light show, like what BobbyFlasher would normally get.

Expecting more this evening
Old 07-15-2019, 06:01 AM

Wow, that is quite a show there, Scotty. Don't remember anything like that when up near you in Minnesota. Just COLD - - bbbrrrrr. Young and
stupid - - roommate and I would leave our dorm room window cracked open at 30 below and heat off. What were we thinking? We still giggle
over that when we email.

Made fresh coffee and ph00 and fresh blueberry pancakes in the warmer on the counter. Butter in fridge, blueberry and maple syrup on counter.
Enjoy.

Me off on another busy day. See ya tonight. ……………….

Bob
Old 07-15-2019, 07:43 AM
Top's Younger Twin

We are seeing more and more extremes.
Tornadoes in the far north of the province.

Had another round last night.
More possible for tomorrow
Old 07-15-2019, 07:53 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Well, wow great pics.. but take care, if it's possible to take care in this situation. (Maybe wear one of those tractor tires from training as a cap???)
Old 07-15-2019, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
Well, wow great pics.. but take care, if it's possible to take care in this situation. (Maybe wear one of those tractor
tires from training as a cap???)
Hey, great idea if he can get his head in that hole. …….………..OUCH...…., don't hit so hard, Scotty. What is amazing is see that
daughter of his play with those like they are a blown up bicycle inner tube. Makes me feel like a wimp - - - Yeh yeh, I know - - I am one - and
more so right now. Soon, baby, soon. I will be whipping that thing around like craze - - uuuhhh, that is the "inner tube" I am talking about.

WimpyBobby
Old 07-15-2019, 10:27 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Looks like the abnormally hot weather has broke, for a while anyway. More close to normal temperatures, higher humidity, and some light rain showers. Really helping with the fires.

Had a guy come out Saturday evening to replace the back door on the house. What should have been a simple job turned into an engineering project. Long story short, the builder of the log cabin inserted a steel "T" beam frame inside the door cut out to keep the logs in line, then framed over it with a 2X6 inner frame. I wound up drilling and tapping the "T" beam to hold the 2X6 frame in place so the carpenter could screw the door frame into the 2X6 frame. It turned into a late evening.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:58 AM

That is called "creativity" Cougar. I was amazed when going in some of the homes in Alaska at the creativity of the person putting that sucker together.
And, watching some log homes being built, the amount of work cutting, trimming, fitting that went into that project. So cool.

Gorgeous, but warm, day here today. No rain in sight for the first day in a long time. Lawn is finally looking much better after my irrigation system
failure I did not catch quick enough. Now I can see how to pull weeds from an upright position. Have to jerryrig my gadget for reaching things in the upper
cupboards for the wife. Maybe can figure how to make that thing work.

Me gone to doc - - left fresh coffee and ph00 on the counter.

L8R
Old 07-16-2019, 10:18 AM

50° and cloudy with more evening thunder storms in the forecast.
Ours is of the "D" log method. Straighter lines, less chinking between the logs that doesn't have to be redone every few years, and a somewhat flatter interior wall. The only chinking you need to keep up on is cracks in the logs.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
The only chinking you need to keep up on is cracks in the logs.
Do you have termites up there? Can't imagine them living in a log in that climate. 50 below could put a dent in their playground.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Took awhile to travel back. Fresh orange juice from Bobby’s, 🥓 🍳 and ☕️

as well as phoo goo for ewe no who
Old 07-17-2019, 09:15 AM

A chilly 45° this AM. Warming to around 70 during the day. Evening thunder storms with light rain showers continue.
Went to town yesterday and bought some cheap sawdust storage cabinets so the wife could them as pantry cabinets. Right now everything is on wire racks.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Do you have termites up there? Can't imagine them living in a log in that climate. 50 below could put a dent in their playground.
No termites, but we do have carpenter ants and they can do just as much damage. They are around, but haven't seen any on/in the house.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:51 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Hi Coug!
We had another heavy rain yesterday.
2” in an hour.
More rain/storms in the forecast. It’s fog and mist this AM and 65F. Headed for 80 and once the sun cuts thru this fog its going to set up for more storms. Very humid here.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:50 AM

Hey Scotty, Thanks for warning me about posting in wrong breakroom. Don't know what is happening on our forum. Noted several breakrooms were still open.
Who is supposed to close them? Stupid thing is I started both of these and just jumped into the one on top without looking at the day. Oh well, can't win them all.

Nuther pretty, but warm morning dawned. Been having temps in the 92 range most every day lately - - rains have slowed down. More normal for summer here.

Put on fresh coffee and ph00 for y00. Grabbed mine and heading out to see what I can do without getting in trouble with the doc. Long list undone - ggrrr.

………….

Quick Reply: Breakroom July 14 - 20