Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Boy oh Boy, Time For A Grill Guard.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy oh Boy, Time For A Grill Guard.

Just kiddin, but man do I seem to have some crappy luck.

I took my moms 02 Taurus to head to the next town over to pick up some stuff for a Pot Luck that were having at work tonite. Well on my way there I incountered a animal. I was comming around a "S" curve bend, the limit was 45mph I was curising right at 50mph. Well I guess a Deer decided this moarning when it woke up to touch cold sheet metal. I hit it head on going 50mph. Their was a large valley or slope on the left hand side of the road and as soon as I passed the curve it jumped right in my lane. I just had enough time to slightly tap the brakes then I seen a Deers face looking at me through the windshield.

The point of impact was right above my(drivers side) tire. I hit the Deers hind-end and it flew over the hood and the mid section smashed the windshield pretty good, it then proceded to fly over the car and laned on the road where a second Deer poped out of now where and crossed the road also. The Deer I hit got up and walked off w/ 3 legs(one leg was bent upwards and the bone was sticking out). I watched it cross another road and hobble off in the woods adjacent to the road I was traveling on.

I called the Sherrif and they sent out a guy, he was actually pretty cool. The officer, my pops and I went out in the woods(the cop had a shotgun) to find the Deer, no luck though it was out of sight. After a good 15-20 minutes looking for it we came back filled out a police report and im here now typing this all out.

^^^Look closley in the 3rd picture. You can see hair stuck in the creases of the bumper^^^.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:33 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad your OK.. we average a fatality a year around here from Deer during the rut season.. they are thicker than flys this year.. glad you werent hurt
Old 12-21-2006, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Glad your OK.. we average a fatality a year around here from Deer during the rut season.. they are thicker than flys this year.. glad you werent hurt

I could fix that for ya.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
They make a mess don't they.

Teh ex hit two deer and a cow in the last couple years.

I smacked a nice buck about two weeks ago, but no damage. I have a modified Ranchhand or looka alike on the front of the truck. Took about $1.50 in quarters at the car wash to clean it up.

Ed
Old 12-21-2006, 01:39 PM

Oh yea im fine. I even had my seatbelt on. lol.

It was weird, but I realy can't explain it. Have you ever been in a incident where everything is in slow motion? When I seen the deer in my lane everything slowed down, I then hit it and it smashed the windshield then everything went back to normal. I would like to know why humans do that?

I wasen't realy even scared as much as I was excited for some odd reason. I can tell you one thing though, it was loud when the glass broke.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:45 PM

Had a muley walk in front of me this morning about 4am on way to work --he stood there and seemed more interested in me than i was in him. We watched each other for about 3-4 minutes and I lost interest and drove off. Needed that morning coffee fix.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mule Skinner
Had a muley walk in front of me this morning about 4am on way to work --he stood there and seemed more interested in me than i was in him. We watched each other for about 3-4 minutes and I lost interest and drove off. Needed that morning coffee fix.
That could of been a mess if you slammed into him, especially if he was 16 hands high.

Do you guys remember seeing the picture of the Moose that went through this little cars windshield? That was nuts. He totaly desimated the car.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:14 PM

I've been doing my part to help prevent these types of accidents here in MD by managing our local herd with an iron fist. And a couple big rifles.