Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Bestest Breakroom - Oct 9 - 15

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 07:01 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
His boys are almost oblivious to how rough their dad is. Denial maybe?
He too said some stuff to me over the years that were very kind and loving words. Grateful for him.
Today he was awake and moved around a bit then went and laid down.
My wife went to his room and they talked for awhile. Then he fell asleep.
He sleeps alot. I know he's ready.
you have an advantage of being an outsider, seeing with greater clarity, as the deeper emotional ties of a direct relative can sometimes be overwhelming. My wife was there to see what I missed as we watched my mom pass away one cold night in January of 2013. I sobbed like a baby when she passed, but after I knew she was gone, I almost felt relieved, as she wasn't feeling discomfort of any kind anymore. I wouldn't wish suffering on anyone I know or love, like I watched her go through.

Glad you can see what is in front of you. You'll be there for your wife and family and it will mean a great deal to them. I just stood back and helped whatever way they wanted, as they asked, otherwise, I kept to myself (mouth shut). Again, Judgement can become clouded, and I wanted to keep back from that. Ultimately his passing destroyed the unity in my wife's family because of greed. Same happened in my family. That part of it sucks more than the letting go, IMO.

It's really great your wife gets to spend this time with him. It will stay with her for the rest of her life, and hopefully it's time she'll appreciate, vs bury inside.

Best to you and your inlaws...
Old 10-11-2016, 07:05 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Turned on the furnace for the first time this season. I always get out the vacuum, clean the filter, housing, wiring and internals before doing so, as I'm not a fan of that "STINK" that comes about the first time you turn the furnace on. Dust stink stinks..... and the benefit of not having any dog hair or other particles catch fire, eh ?

Nice to know it works, although I probably won't use it for a week or two anyway, other than on that cold evening out of the shower.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:14 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
We set up a special room to have my wife's dad live in for the last few months of his life. We are very glad we did. It generated a lot of memories, most of them good. The interaction between grandpa and the kids was amazing. The many hours my wife spent with him near the end were priceless.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:53 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Making a nite to change the furnace filter.
The changes with GD (grand dad) were gradual over the past few years but now they are rapid.
Our daughter is there often as their home is at the end of the lane from her school. I had to answer her questions about GD last night.
She knows he's different.
I told her he's getting ready to go to heaven with Grandpa Jack.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang. Just in from outside - - washed the blonde's car, pulled some weeds, arranged potted plants in the lanai so they will get watered from the sprinkler while we are gone. Prepped lanai furniture, filled the injector reserve tank, set up the night lights. So far, I am ahead of my schedule. Morning was beautiful outside with temp at 73, low humidity, beautiful sunrise, deep blue skies. Whooopppeee.

Fresh coffee and ph00 ready for your indulgence. Gotta go clean up and put my face on - - - ........................oh wait, the blonde does than. Not much I can do for my puss. ........
Old 10-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Fresh Coffee and Phoo for all of you....Hot baked goodies right out of the oven dig in!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, there is someone else around. I checked in this morn about 6ish, no posts following mine yesterday morning and the coffee pots stunk. Checked my arm pits - - thought I might have contaminated the place yesterday. ...........

Grabbing a cup and - - - let's see - - hmmm, that one looks sorta good. .......chomp............Yeh, not bad at all.

Gotta go pack. See ya next week.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:43 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
Nice aurora show this morning!
Old 10-13-2016, 02:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Nice aurora show this morning!
Once in a great while, we could see them in Montana when I was a kid. My Niece lives in Anchorage and has sent me some beautiful pictures.

To share the view, today in Kentucky we had rain, fog and low clouds all day.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Been a while since I've been on here. No idea just how long. New job is going well, put a clutch in a Peterbilt this summer. Been hauling feed, mowing and baling hay, mostly. Went to Vegas to play pool. We were out in the second round.

We were going to hook up a refer so I could haul a load back to Pennsylvania, but the boss checked freight rates. Said it'll be cheaper to put me on the train, so I'm taking Amtrak back for Thanksgiving.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:14 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning boys and girls...fresh coffee and Phoo for you all know who Biscuits and sausage gravy with fresh fruit bowls for the health conscious. Have a Safe Day!
Old 10-14-2016, 03:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening all time for supper it's being catered by Texas steakhouse got the Duster back in one piece it runs needs a carb adjustment but it's ready to roll

Have a good one
Old 10-15-2016, 09:11 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Good morning. Been too busy to check in here lately. No time to sandblast the coffee stuff, so will leave it to someone else to do later.

Ciao.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:28 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi and Bye!
Old 10-16-2016, 06:43 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi!

Bye