Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Any cigar afficianados here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any cigar afficianados here?

Just wondering how many cummins owners are cigar lovers too? I just got a shipment of cigars from www.famous-smoke.com Great place, fast shipping, and quick order processing. From bottom to top, Don Barretto, baccarrat Dolce, Don Tomas, Prausencia, and Olor Fuerte, along with the one Im currently enjoying, A Zino Connesuir. All 5x50 ringed, can't wait to enjoy the rest of these bad boys.. Got all 6 cigars and the cigar lighter (which I need to go buy butane for) for $20.00 plus shipping.

scott
Old 08-20-2005, 03:23 AM

I'm only a few hours away from some good Cubans. Manage to get a few across the border every now and then.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:59 AM

I love cigars! Thats a pretty good deal! I'll have to check the site out.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Banned

Yea, I indulge too. I usualy go to a local cigar shop, quite nice, large selection, walk in humidor, and comfy chairs. i smoke there because I do not want to "stink" up the house, that is, err, umm, OK OK my wife does not let me in the house with them.

If not there I smoke in my shop, that is MY kingdom.

I like CAO and Ashtons mostly but try others too. Love the "real" Romeo and Julietas and Montecristo #2s.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:26 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Never been much of a smoker. I have heard that some are very good. HOWEVER, I got a guy on nightshift who smokes the most god-awful stinking cigars he can find. I do think he doesn't know the difference.

Help us all...what should I get him to try before he either kills us or we kill him?

Ed
Old 08-20-2005, 06:27 PM

I like Naturals, very good flavor. not had a Monte Cristo I didn't like. I'm currently a big fan of rum-dipped.
I've also got a wood pipe, love sweet pipe tobacco!
Old 08-20-2005, 06:39 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like some other high end smokes such as El Producto, DutchMasters, BackWoods, Black and Mild, etc.

I would like to be the kinda guy who smokes expensive cigars, wears white pants and drinks Dewars on the rocks with a twist. Some day I guess, maybe when I'm older.
How about those 10" long nasty green ones? Last year we went to a party for my wifes Boss (big wig). He was quite the connoisuer, with the humidor and all. Most of the guys at the party were puffing fat ones, I felt a little left out.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:42 PM

Cuesta rays are good and i love a good griffin. i have been buying their fuerte's (which means strong i was told) and boy they are powerful! earthy with a bit of nuttiness. romeo asnd julietsare decent. macanudos can be a nice mild smoke too. i like the crystal cafe's and portofinos. if your looking for a nice aromatic cigar, acids are an option. they are kinda perfumey though and can bee too much after a while. also they must be stored seperately as they will overcome the other cigars. they make ahumidor bag that is a good option for them as well. the online / catolog places are nice but try a local cigar shop. usually very friendly and everyone has a recomendation! Anyways, good smokin!
Old 08-20-2005, 06:49 PM

Enjoying the prasencia now.. GREAT smoke. It was wrapped in cedar, nice and woody, not too strong, but not too light either. I really need to find a local cigar shop around here.. I haven't found much of anything except "smoke shops" and all they do are bongs, and cigarettes, nothing to do with cigars, except wraps for making home made, but we all know what they really use those wraps for.

Scott
Old 08-20-2005, 08:13 PM

I enjoy a nice smoke from time to time. We have a nice local shop right down the street from where I work http://www.briarandbean.com/index.htm .I enjoy the Aturo Fuentes, Punch and a real nice private lable Cale Dehabano. They are a great smoke for the price but the supply is kind of spotty. I have 3 Opus Xs in the huimidor (cheap 30 cigar model) just waiting for an excuse to fire one up. I too must smoke in the shop, outside or someplace besides the house.
Nothing like sitting on the porch enjoying a good smoke and drinking some homemade joy of the vine.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:42 PM

Nothing but the best for me. Swisher Sweet Woodtips.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:53 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
No good cigar shops around me .

Of the store bought type, the AyC Grenadiers are the ones I like best.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Banned

I've had some romeo's from krogers but that's about it. It's usually the $.50 (yes, fifty cent cigars) that I smoke because I don't get a craving until about 12 in the morning and nothing but gas stations are open then. I bought that same lighter from a gas station once upon a time ago. Talk about freaking hot.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:18 PM

I just stopped a smoke shop close to my house, and got a small bottle of butane, so I could fill up my cigar lighter, and got a new cutter. I gotta say, the Nibo cigar lighter works 100 times better than a bic Im working on a Don Tomas now.. GOOOD stuff.

Scott
Old 08-20-2005, 10:13 PM

Want to smoke a good cigar? Try a Macanudo Maduro Ascot. They are awesome. A little on the $$$ side ($10.00 ea.), but well worth it.

Quick Reply: Any cigar afficianados here?