Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

About Michael Vick & Dogfighting......

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About Michael Vick & Dogfighting......

Ok...... I have to ask the question to fellow members around this country.

How prevalent is Dog Fighting in say the Southern region of the country?

How big of a deal do the local authorities make of a bust in local community today vs. 10-15 years ago?

I'm not saying he is innocent or want to get into a big war on this. Local sports radio talk shows have been hashing this over for weeks. And I was just thinking that if he did not go across state line with his gambling (which made it a federal offense) and if it was not Michael Vick.

Would it have been that big a deal to the local media? Not living in the area and knowing how these things are treated out there. Here in Sacramento it would be a blip on the evening news and gone the next day for a non big name - average joe.

Now When Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings neglected his own dogs on his property the local news media would not let the story die. Did any of you back east hear about this Artest story daily?

I am just curious.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:30 PM

Didnt hear about Artest but only look at news occasionaly. Being interested in sled dogs and stuff I would have probably heard about it though had it mad the news. Everythings bigger when its someone famous. Leonard Little of the Rams killed a lady in a drunk driving accident. Alot of DUI never make it to the news though.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

You know what really makes me angry we hear day and night about Vick and his dog deal but not much of anything on soldier's that are dying everyday. It really makes me sick to my stomach I personally hate the news it is just a big recycled agenda.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
You know what really makes me angry we hear day and night about Vick and his dog deal but not much of anything on soldier's that are dying everyday. It really makes me sick to my stomach I personally hate the news it is just a big recycled agenda.
I hear you and agree whole heartedly
Old 08-24-2007, 01:43 PM

You don't hear about dog fighting much but there is at least one story a week about somone who has been mauled by a dog mostly pit bulls. It has gotten so bad that some towns are considering banning certin breeds all together. I don't much agree with that but that is a dicussion for the sister forum. All I do know is if one of my kids is ever mauled by a dog said dog will but heads with a pump 12 ga.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Do you notice that you never hear what the kid did to provoke the dog in many of the cases??
Old 08-24-2007, 04:38 PM

Walking by,riding a bike, or breathing. When will them kids learn.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rampage1967
Do you notice that you never hear what the kid did to provoke the dog in many of the cases??
'

Yeah, like recently when that woman provoked the pit bull by sleeping in her bed, and the dog came in via the doggy door, killed her dog and mauled her.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:18 PM

lay off Vick he's inocent the ACLU from Atlanta cleared it all up, he says vick only purchased a kennel for his cousins.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 PM

I glad the SOB got caught and lost everything!!!!! He got what he deserved....I hope he learned his lesson and never steps foot on a NFL football field again. Its about time one of these high profile athlete's got what a regular guy would have if they did the same thing.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:48 PM

I don't understand all the big press on the issue. I don't condon dog fighting in any way. But people pay money, bett money, and make money for people to fight and bash on each other. Boxing, UFC all that stuff not 2 words said. What gives? People care more about some stupid dogs than they do about them selves or people around them.

Jed
Old 08-24-2007, 08:50 PM

What Vick did was sick, but I agree that there are so many other more serious issues we should be concerned about . . . . . Like Paris and Nichole in prison . . . . . . sorry . . . was that my outside voice?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by linetrash75
I don't understand all the big press on the issue. I don't condon dog fighting in any way. But people pay money, bett money, and make money for people to fight and bash on each other. Boxing, UFC all that stuff not 2 words said. What gives? People care more about some stupid dogs than they do about them selves or people around them.

Jed
first.....i did read and understand your position...you dont agree with the fighting of the dogs....so i will preface my post with, this is not to pick on you just showing what people might not look at in the big picture

difference here is that those PEOPLE (fighting people, ufc,boxers etc) can make a concious decision to NOT fight...we have that ability...we are not beat, starved, neglected, driven mad, and turned vicious before WE DECIDE on our own to FIGHT....these SPORT dogs, dont have that CHOICE....they are MADE to fight and then when they do fight and dont live up to the bill WE KILL them....did we ever stop and think that maybe just maybe these dogs DONT want to do this....

i have never ONCE seen a DOG sit at a table across from his opponent and SIGN on the dotted line stating that he WILLINGLY, of his OWN mind body and soul WANT to fight this other dog...for the SCRAPS of food he MAY or MAY NOT recieve.....

dont get me wrong....i have been to BIRD fights, (you know the kind, cant say that word)..DOG fights, heck....i been to CHINA town and seen SCORPION fights...these are a FAR CRY from UFC, BOXING, and full contact MARTIAL ARTS.....the difference is FREEDOM OF CHOICE...we have it and they DO NOT.

NCA
Old 08-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

Very well said NorCalAngler, it is cruel because of the treatment of the dogs, and the lack of them having a choice in the matter.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i love how the naacp is trying to defend him still

Quick Reply: About Michael Vick & Dogfighting......