Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

****BREAKROOM - 2/23 to 3/1 ****

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 10:05 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening RR1 and others.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I'm starving with him so he doesn't smell what he can't have.
What us loggers/welders do when we hire a band with no drummer:
-That's nice of you. Dang dogs can tell if you cheated on em 6 hours after a cheese burger.
Accordion with tractor.

Originally Posted by ramlovingvet
Thought I would drop in and drink all the coffee!!
Good. Its been slow so we would just have to dump it out next week.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Have a good afternoon all y'all.
Made over three pounds of that pork sausage yesterday. Its all gone today.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
saw a huge cat with multiple toes on all four feet. about equal to my five digit hand....
If its not wearing clothes its a Bear cat.

Eating dried cherries from last year.
How the heck did I bite my own tongue?
Its like it went on a suicide mission and jumped between my molars.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning all. Starting another round of arctic weather. Here it is almost March and we're still dealing with sub-zero temps.

Thanks for the vid Bark! Here's another one for ya:

It is Tuesday, February 25th.

1793 - The department heads of the U.S. government met with U.S. President Washington for the first Cabinet meeting on U.S. record.

1836 - Samuel Colt received a patent for a "revolving gun".

1901 - The United States Steel Corp. was incorporated by J.P. Morgan.

1913 - The 16th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified. It authorized a graduated income tax.

1919 - The state of Oregon became the first state to place a tax on gasoline. The tax was 1 cent per gallon.

1928 - The Federal Radio Commission issued the first U.S. television license to Charles Jenkins Laboratories in Washington, DC.

1933 - The aircraft carrier Ranger was launched. It was the first ship in the U.S. Navy to be designed and built from the keel up as an aircraft carrier.

1986 - Filippino President Ferdinand E. Marcos fled the Philippines after 20 years of rule after a tainted election.

1999 - William King was sentenced to death for the racial murder of James Byrd Jr in Jasper, TX. Two other men charged were later convicted for their involvement.

2000 - In Albany, NY, a jury acquitted four New York City police officers of second-degree murder and lesser charges in the February 1999 shooting death of Amadou Diallo.

2005 - Dennis Rader was arrested for the BTK serial killings in Wichita, KS. He later pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 10 life prison terms.

Today's thought:
Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.

C0ffee's on.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Great thought for today. Up here its centimetre your way.
Actually 2.5 centimetre your way.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:31 AM

10 minutes of 10-second clips of the geico pig and some guy going "boots and pants"? Really?
I think we need to encourage some people to go out and try for a Darwin award.
dog watching barking dog video
Here's one for ya. What's the tune?
Old 02-25-2014, 10:54 AM
DTR Mom

smoke on the water. wouldn't buffer right for the three seconds...

I HATE that pig. cooked it last night, so I should not have to see those commercials......

balmy 18 out. deciding what to do.....

restored Harley servicart. doing history research for HD dealer.
Attached Thumbnails ****BREAKROOM - 2/23 to 3/1 ****-img_20140219_105515.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 11:17 AM

We had a large dairy equipment display at the Red Power Round-up in Columbia, MO, in 2008. One of the guys from Iowa brought this, it's got a small generator under the seat to run the calliope, and provided some heat for his wife when pulling it in parades. Idea was to run it every so often to get people coming through the building to check things out and he had a popcorn popper we gave away popcorn too.
The idea worked, til one of the vendors complained to the show organizers that we interrupted one of his sales. We shut it off for the rest of the show, and the other vendors had some not-so-nice words for him. Sales dropped right off at that point for everyone.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
10 minutes of 10-second clips of the geico pig and some guy going "boots and pants"? Really?
And you watched the whole ten minutes thinking that something different was going to happen, right? Go on, admit it, it's ok!

I post stuff like that just to give Bark nightmares.

Afternoon all.

Jake sure was happy to eat this morning after about 72 hours of NOT eating. I was too. The last 12 hours he WANTED to eat but couldn't due to the blood test this morning. I starved too and that pop tart sure tasted good! Now he's on metronidazole, an antibiotic to fight any infection that may be causing his gas. Blood work comes back tomorrow, hopefully we can get this straightened out so my buddy can be a dog again!
Old 02-25-2014, 02:49 PM
DTR Mom

heat wave! 24 degrees. one problematic ash tree DOWN.
stihl026 pro 20 in bar. 32 inch tree no problem.

except this is tough in cold frozen tundra.....arthritic hands no likey....
Old 02-25-2014, 02:49 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Thanks for the vid Bark! Here's another one for ya:
Wife and I had just been talking about that one.
Believe it or not, my Grandfather (he died in early 80's) used to crack us up by saying "Boots and Cats" in the same way.
I don't know why it was so entertaining.

Hopefully Jake will get to feeling better. You need someone to take care of you.

Originally Posted by Scotty
Actually 2.5 centimetre your way.
.985 back at you.

I HATE that pig. cooked it last night, so I should not have to see those commercials
My too. If they spent less money on ads they might be able to save me money but I doubt it.

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Here's one for ya. What's the tune?
Rockin on the calliope
It is played so poorly that it does sound like Smoke on the water but I actually think it is Sunshine of Your Love by Cream.
(I still have the Disraeli Gears album).
Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark

It is played so poorly that it does sound like Smoke on the water but I actually think it is Sunshine of Your Love by Cream.
(I still have the Disraeli Gears album).
Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner
Old 02-25-2014, 03:05 PM
DTR Mom

Jake sure was happy to eat this morning after about 72 hours of NOT eating. I was too. The last 12 hours he WANTED to eat but couldn't due to the blood test this morning. I starved too and that pop tart sure tasted good! Now he's on metronidazole, an antibiotic to fight any infection that may be causing his gas. Blood work comes back tomorrow, hopefully we can get this straightened out so my buddy can be a dog again!
good! now listen to the vet when he/she says NO PEOPLE FOOD. allergies can kill puppies. don't be a enabler. snicker snicker
Old 02-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bark
Hopefully Jake will get to feeling better. You need someone to take care of you.
You got that right.

good! now listen to the vet when he/she says NO PEOPLE FOOD. allergies can kill puppies. don't be a enabler. snicker snicker
Jake hasn't had ANY people food for better than 8 months. Only thing even close is boiled chicken and white rice, which the vet prescribed. Even when we'd give him a piece of something here or there, it was always something decent; lean steak, pork or non-fried chicken. That's how we learned he wasn't tolerant of anything with beef in it. Apparently it is too rich for him. But he never got junk like chips, donuts or anything like that. I eat it all first!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:16 PM
DTR Mom

it was always something decent; lean steak, pork or non-fried chicken. That's how we learned he wasn't tolerant of anything with beef in it. Apparently it is too rich for him. But he never got junk like chips, donuts or anything like that. I eat it all first!
fer sure, he does eat better than you. dang cuter too when he walks, head held high, with his doggie box out of the eatery.......

I had to go higher level for the cat. is she gonna pick something better than mice? squirrel? is woodchuck like beef?

healthy fried chicken, fresh cucs with dressing, cole slaw, maters for supper.
should been a picnic.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Blackened salmon and grilled squash for supper Yum! A little out of focus but tasted great!
Attached Thumbnails ****BREAKROOM - 2/23 to 3/1 ****-dinner-800x784-.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 08:22 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good! now listen to the vet when he/she says NO PEOPLE FOOD.
Is that instruction referring to Jake or Sasquatch/Scott??

Sloppy Joes made with ground venison tonight.. mmm-mmm good!

Cold has returned to KS, wind chill is minus 2F out right now.. think I solved the problem of the chickens water freezing tho,.. bought a heated dog bowl, tore the heating plate off of it and siliconed it to the bottom of the galvanized poultry waterer.. so far its working..

Got the pasture fertilized yesterday, 80 units of urea per acre and 7 tons of potassium over 35 acres of Brome.... hope we get some nice gentle spring rains in a few weeks..

Had a vet visit with our Border Collie yesterday, she's been off her feed since Greta passed. Vet says its depression, couple with age ( shes 14yrs old) and her teeth are about worn out, life expectancy for her breed is 12-15 yrs.... just what I needed to hear so soon after loosing the other one....but other than that, her cataracts and a tendency for her heart to stop and restart for no apparent reason( done that since she was 10, makes her faint), shes in good shape for the shape she's in..
No more dogs.........ever..........

Quick Reply: ****BREAKROOM - 2/23 to 3/1 ****