Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

****BREAKROOM - 2/23 to 3/1 ****

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:08 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
me too! sounds delicious!

maybe do a pork loin roast.....wonder if i could cook it in the wood boiler?

Fronty engineer super hero- job switch going good? like that you did the couch to track running thingy...

taking it slow today, fine tuned some projects, getting ready for others.

thinking of getting a pet cat for our cat. snicker snicker like that cartoon dog.....
Old 02-23-2014, 05:59 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Today's thought:
A lot of people nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B.

C0ffee's on.
I guess its a good thing I got a B.S.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Dang weather The 500 isn't finished yet. start airing it again at 8p might be a long night
Old 02-23-2014, 07:41 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Don't worry, he'll make Bloomberg's list of people killed by gun violence.
Sad but true.

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Scrapple.
Only had it once but I liked it (I was in Louisiana young and hung over). They served it with maple syrup and a side of eggs. I have never been in the right circumstances to try it again.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Now i need to figure dinner.
Thanks to you, we are having pork sausage tonight. Still haven't bought the casings but have been starting off simple.
Like you told me, its kind of fun and for the cost tastes a lot better. Hope to be making Landjäger before the end of the year.

Did laundry, started taxes (put all papers in a pile), collected all the garbage and drank a whole pot of coffee. That's got to be enough for one day.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:50 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good evening ladies, Gents and Canadians...

had a good day, I bought anew toy a couple weeks ago and it finally got delivered:

Name:  012-2.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  60.3 KB
20HP Simplicity Legacy Ultrasub-compact with a Kwikway detachable loader, 60" dozer blade, 3PTH, and a few accessories... gonna make cleaning the horse pens out much much easier...

Same place had a returned Generac 3100psi washer, brand new.. the guy returned it because the qt of oil they ship with them had broke in shipping, staining the plastic parts of the washer....

Now I just need a decent chainsaw and Ill be set for the chores coming this year....
Old 02-23-2014, 09:22 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Cool! That should be a lot more fun than a hand shovel.

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
. the guy returned it because the qt of oil they ship with them had broke in shipping,
The last few things I bought including my Subaru Outback (4.2 qt) use weird amounts of oil.
Generator 1.6 gt, weed wacker 355 cc etc. Glad I mark the shipping bottle with the level prior to using it. Makes it easier to change the oil.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The last few things I bought including my Subaru Outback (4.2 qt) use weird amounts of oil.
Isuzu 4ZE1 in the Amigo takes 5.2 qt.
4.3 in the Chevy I wrecked took 4 1/2.
I bet the new hemi takes the same 5 qt (or maybe less) that the 96 Plymouth 4-banger I had took.

Jr won Daytona. Like that he won, but not that it was a Hendrick car. For a few laps there I thought they were gonna have to wreck jj or jg to get a chance at Jr. A guy at the bar bet $105 (all he had in his pocket) that Kyle Bush would finish top 5. Almost. Another 1/2 mile and he would have. ended up on pit lane facing the wrong way so he finished the race in reverse.

Same place had a returned Generac 3100psi washer, brand new.. the guy returned it because the qt of oil they ship with them had broke in shipping, staining the plastic parts of the washer....

Now I just need a decent chainsaw and Ill be set for the chores coming this year....
Wish I could come across a deal on something like that.

I wish I wasn't so dang hungry all the time. I swear I could slap a steer on the grill and eat the thing, hooves, hair, and all!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:42 AM

Morning coffee phoo sweet tea hot water
Some one needs to talk to the janitor heading to doc latter
Old 02-24-2014, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
I guess its a good thing I got a B.S.
I think you probably had B.S. before you got your degree!

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Some one needs to talk to the janitor heading to doc latter
You're heading to the doctor but you need to talk to ME? Contrary to popular belief around here, I do NOT do colonoscopy's or hernia exams. Sorry, you'll still have to see your doctor.

Morning all.

It is Monday, February 24th.

1803 - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled itself to be the final interpreter of all constitutional issues.

1835 - "Siwinowe Kesibwi" (The Shawnee Sun) was issued as the first Indian language monthly publication in the U.S.

1839 - Mr. William S. Otis received a patent for the steam shovel.

1863 - Arizona was organized as a territory.

1866 - In Washington, DC, an American flag made entirely of American bunting was displayed for the first time.

1868 - The U.S. House of Representatives impeached President Andrew Johnson due to his attempt to dismiss Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton. The U.S. Senate later acquitted Johnson.

1900 - New York City Mayor Van Wyck signed the contract to begin work on New York's first rapid transit tunnel. The tunnel would link Manhattan and Brooklyn. The ground breaking ceremony was on March 24, 1900.

1903 - In Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, an area was leased to the U.S. for a naval base.

1925 - A thermit was used for the first time. It was used to break up a 250,000-ton ice jam that had clogged the St. Lawrence River near Waddington, NY.

1938 - The first nylon bristle toothbrush was made. It was the first time that nylon yarn had been used commercially.

1942 - The U.S. Government stopped shipments of all 12-gauge shotguns for sporting use for the wartime effort.

1945 - During World War II, the Philippine capital of Manilla, was liberated by U.S. soldiers.

1956 - The city of Cleveland invoked a 1931 law that barred people under the age of 18 from dancing in public without an adult guardian.

1983 - A U.S.congressional commission released a report that condemned the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II.

1989 - A United Airlines 747 jet rips open in flight killing 9 people. The flight was from Honolulu to New Zealand.

2007 - The Virginia General Assembly passed a resolution expressing "profound regret" for the state's role in slavery.

Today's thought:
Speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.

Thanks RR1 for the c0ffee!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Today's thought: Speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university. Thanks RR1 for the c0ffee!
Good thing you didn't say speak to the president of the United States the same as the garbage man. I wouldn't use that launage with the garbage man.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:28 PM
DTR Mom

Good on ya, Chris! new equipment makes my heartbeat faster!

yup, RR1- our high today beats yesterday's low overnight temp. glad I did not tap the trees yet. high of 0 degrees Wednesday....winter's last stand or the Medal Winning Canucks sharing .....

found some items requested by folks. have to get them pretty.
had a green tiger try to come in the house last night, our cat chased it about
400 yards away. guess that tosses the 'pet cat' idea out.
saw a huge cat with multiple toes on all four feet. about equal to my five digit hand....
Old 02-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Good afternoon DTR'onians, I have a day off today but it won't be a day of leisure. Dog has already been to the groomer and is back home and now it is time to take DW shopping - she needs some retail therapy to overcome winter blues and cabin fever. Mother Nature is kicking our butts again, it was -27F when I got up this morning and it has only warmed up a couple of degrees. I really need to fix our garage door opener (it has a couple of stripped gears) but the garage isn't heated and the parts I need to work on are really small. That job is going to have to wait until it warms up a little bit. It is times like this that I cherish my boring office job. Calving season starts soon up here and I do not envy the farmers who have to spend hours outside feeding, calving etc.

Have a good afternoon all y'all. Play safe and stay warm (Stan and FiverBob - no commentary from the roasted peanut gallery is necessary).
Old 02-24-2014, 04:05 PM
DTR Mom

[QUOTE=Tallguy67;3226423]Good afternoon DTR'onians, -27F when I got up this morning and it has only warmed up a couple of degrees. I really need to fix our garage door opener (it has a couple of stripped gears) but the garage isn't heated and the parts I need to work on are really small. That job is going to have to wait until it warms up a little bit. [QUOTE]

good, someone else that has decided the living room instead of fixing something.

sean, here's a slice of fresh pork roast with pickling mix on top, roasted slow for five hours.....applesauce, coleslaw and fresh green beans mmmmm
blizzard on hill, sun and clear in the flats (local town).

made a point announcing my irritation with my mail being opened, in front of the suspect. locking up my mail while the tenant can get his. one facet of elderly pleasure, going out to get the mail.......his 'caretaker' can read something else.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Afternoon all.

Took Jake to the vets this AM for on-going but getting worse gastric problems. Have to starve him today so he can have a blood draw tomorrow AM first thing. Poor little guy doesn't understand this 'no food' stuff one bit. I'm starving with him so he doesn't smell what he can't have.

What us loggers/welders do when we hire a band with no drummer:

Old 02-24-2014, 05:02 PM
DTR'S Chaplain

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thought I would drop in and drink all the coffee!!

Quick Reply: ****BREAKROOM - 2/23 to 3/1 ****