Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

****BREAKROOM, 05/19 to 05/25****

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ofcmarc
Mornin' All! Thanks for all the kind words.

Tonight is day 3 out of 9 for the week here in the motel..... gonna be a long week but Mama likes the longer paychecks.... of course, so do I.
I know I´m European, and there is probably a lot of stuff in the states I don´t understand, but 9 days in a week... hmmmm how do you do that??

Slev
Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
And you wonder why you can't get help to show up?
Ha ha - - - you left yourself wide open, baby.............

I did check my deodorant and all was OK there. Maybe I am not paying them enough. HMMM????

Originally Posted by slevhansen
I know I´m European, and there is probably a lot of stuff in the states I don´t understand, but 9 days in a week... hmmmm how do you do that??........Slev
YOu don't understand - - - he is in another country - - -Alaska. He is just coming out of winter where everyday is about the same - - white - - -very white - - - minimal sun - - - the only changes are the animal life in the yard and how deep that white stuff is today - - - it is day, isn't it????

Hey, fresh ph00 - - grabbing mine and see what I can get done today. Ya'll have a good one - - - you too Chaikwa.........................

Bob
Old 05-24-2013, 07:46 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
YOu don't understand - - - he is in another country - - -Alaska. He is just coming out of winter where everyday is about the same - - white - - -very white - - - minimal sun - - - the only changes are the animal life in the yard and how deep that white stuff is today - - - it is day, isn't it????
No Bob, That's the other season up here. Right now is summer (or the end of "breakup") where the sun doesn't set, temps go anywhere from 70-110 and we only sleep about 2-3 hrs a day trying to get everything done.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by ofcmarc
No Bob, That's the other season up here. Right now is summer (or the end of "breakup") where the sun doesn't set, temps go anywhere from 70-110 and we only sleep about 2-3 hrs a day trying to get everything done.
Oh for crying out loud - - forgot - - I crossed the border May 15th, not June 15th. You are right - - it is summer. A lot of the snow was all ready melted along the roads, so I guess that is summer. LOL

Where is everyone. Maybe they are having as much trouble getting on this site as I am. I just hit "refresh" 16 times before the forum would come up - - only thing showing were the ads - - - of course.

Out shopping for lanai furniture most of the day. Man that stuff can be expensive. Can you believe $13,000 for a 6 piece set for your lanai? Couch, two chairs, coffee table, two ottomons. That is nuts - - just to sit
out there and have the rain blow in on it and sit in the sun and fade. Don't think I want to spend that kind of money on some rattan furniture.

PUt some fresh ph00 on for those wanting something before hitting the sack. Grabbing mine and out of here - - lonesome here.

Bob
Old 05-24-2013, 08:09 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well had another week of it ...first run this morning was to go drag geo prizem off the interstate.. cus chicky-boo just had to play pinball with those 3 mack dumpers...at least she only got bounced around not run over why i dont know....backup tonight so i grabbed the old wreaker and brought it home only to get a call from the primairy guy moaning cus i didnt ask him first...... plus im looking forward to having a talk with a family member oh ya its friday
Old 05-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where is everyone. Maybe they are having as much trouble getting on this site as I am. I just hit "refresh" 16 times before the forum would come up - - only thing showing were the ads - - - of course.
It's been awhile since I've had any major trouble, but I'm sure it's coming back. It's as aggravating as all get out tho, and needless. I keep getting told various reasons for the trouble, all of which stems from my end of things, but I question that. If it were here, this wouldn't be the only site that would show problems.

... Don't think I want to spend that kind of money on some rattan furniture.
You mean ROTTEN furniture, don't you?
Old 05-25-2013, 05:45 AM

Good Mornin' DTR. Rise and shine. Oh sorry, sssshhhh, it's a holiday - - sleep on in - - I couldn't for some dumb reason.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
It's been awhile since I've had any major trouble, but I'm sure it's coming back. It's as aggravating as all get out tho, and needless. I keep getting told various reasons for the trouble, all of which stems from my end of things, but I question that. If it were here, this wouldn't be the only site that would show problems.
I agree - - I pop right on into most other sites except one - - this is the slowest regularly visited site I am on. Only took 4 refreshes to get in this morning.

OK, put the coffee, ph00 and hot water on - - sorry, dumpster was cleaned out this morning so no sprinkles. Enjoy - - have a fun dady. ............

Bob
Old 05-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Morning all.

Today id Saturday, May 25th.

1844 - The gasoline engine was patented by Stuart Perry.

1844 - The first telegraphed news dispatch, sent from Washington, DC, to Baltimore, MD, appeared in the Baltimore "Patriot."

1925 - John Scopes was indicted for teaching the Darwinian theory in school.

1927 - Ford Motor Company announced that the Model A would replace the Model T.

1968 - The Gateway Arch, part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis, MO, was dedicated.

1977 - An opinion piece by Vietnam verteran Jan Scruggs appeared in "The Washington Post." The article called for a national memorial to "remind an ungrateful nation of what it has done to its sons" that had served in the Vietnam War.

1979 - An American Airlines DC-10 crashed during takeoff at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. 275 people were killed.

1986 - Approximately 7 million Americans participated in "Hands Across America."

2006 - In Houston, former Enron Corp. chiefs Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skillinng were convicted of conspiracy and fraud for the downfall of Enron.

2009 - North Korea announced that it had conducted a second successful nuclear test in the province of North Hamgyong. The United Nations Security Council condemned the reported test.

Today's thought:
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.

Have a great Saturday!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:08 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Hey yall
Old 05-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Morning Shorts and crew, the rain has finally stopped. It has rained pretty hard and non-stop for a little more than the last 48 hours. I am not complaining too much because we really needed it. Apparently some local farm association dubbed it 'The million dollar rain'. Some folks were having to stop seeding before it happened as the ground was SOOOO dry. It was almost perfect rain for agriculture. It never really poured and there was no hail or really strong winds just 60 or so hours of non-stop rain. Now, it is time for the sun to come out and dry things up. I am going to make a run to the dump today and then figure out what outside jobs I can get done. At least I can finally catch up on the burning garbage. We have been under a burning ban for the last month. DW and I sort our garbage 3 ways - compostable, burnable and other. It is the 'other', things like meat bones etc. that have to go to the dump. We think we do pretty well, we only contribute one small kitchen-catcher garbage bag to the landfill each week.

Have a happy, productive and safe Saturday all y'all.....
Old 05-25-2013, 12:45 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Rain seems to be falling all over lately. This is great for the crops. We've gotten a few inches over the past week. Dad said they're getting a lot of rain in CC. All up & down, Texas is soaked. Rain is good.

Watching tv today. Lazy Saturday. I pulled out the tent and got it set up to see what condition our gear is in. If the weather will make up it's mind, I planned to camp out in the yard tonight. If not, maybe tomorrow. Our first campingtrip with that tent we got rained on. Don't intend for that tent to be a rainmaker.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:27 PM

Well, so far today I am breaking even on productivity. I go the trip to the dump done and DW and I bought a new dog (will get it around Father's Day). Momma needs a new baby - the house is just too empty. Those are the plusses. On the negative side, I just went to fire up my cutting torch to make new burning barrels. My hoses are split and cracked That just doesn't make sense. The rig is only 3 years old and it has been stored in the barn, out of the sunlight. I guess that is what happens when you buy a cheap welding rig. Hopefully things get better from here.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Well, so far today I am breaking even on productivity. I go the trip to the dump done and DW and I bought a new dog (will get it around Father's Day). Momma needs a new baby - the house is just too empty. Those are the plusses. On the negative side, I just went to fire up my cutting torch to make new burning barrels. My hoses are split and cracked That just doesn't make sense. The rig is only 3 years old and it has been stored in the barn, out of the sunlight. I guess that is what happens when you buy a cheap welding rig. Hopefully things get better from here.
Harbor Freight hoses are biodegradable.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
Harbor Freight hoses are biodegradable.
I got the welding rig from Princess Auto which is the western Canada equivalent of Harbor Freight. I will buy some good hoses the next time I am at my welding gas place.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:33 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheww....I've missed A LOT of activity in here this week. FIL came in Friday a WEEK ago......and ain't leavin for 2 MORE!!!!! Our home is small enough without adding a guest to it. On top of that, he's up at all hours of the night stomping around and slamming doors.....Obviously, if he's up then the rest of us should be too....uh, NO.

Been super busy with school, work, and a sick 3 yr old. Not to mention everything the 18 yr old has going on with senior year of high school.....(oh, if I were 18 again....the things I....) wait a minute, I got off track. The little one "supposedly" had a viral infection 2 weeks ago that the Dr. prescribed her a steroid for. Well, he was WRONG......found out last night through x-ray photos at the hospital she has pneumonia!!!! Poor thing, I just feel awful for her. My allergies have me drowning in snot , sneezing my brains out, and the wife has a head cold. You'd almost think is was still winter.

Sorry to hear of Sean and ofcmarc's furry friends.....very hard medicine to swallow to say the least. Glad to see Shorts finally came back around. As she stated, lots of rain here in Texas.....it's a wonderful thing. We've had a little of 2" in the past week alone. Could use some more.

Ya'll stay safe and have a good Memorial Day! Thank you to all past and present Armed Forces members!!!!!!

Quick Reply: ****BREAKROOM, 05/19 to 05/25****