NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Coastal Plains Dragway on Sunday Feb.1, 2009?

Old 01-31-2009, 05:39 PM
  #1  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Holly Ridge, N.C.
Posts: 8,286
Likes: 0
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Coastal Plains Dragway on Sunday Feb.1, 2009?

Hey guys, Nate (ShakinRedCTD) and I may head out to "Coastal Plains Dragway" tomorrow, (Sunday Feb. 1st, 2009). A good friend of ours who has a pretty well modified Dodge Hemi Pickup Truck is headed out to make some "shakedown passes" and asked us to go. So,....if anyone is interested, we should be there at about 12:00 Noon when the gates open.

--------
John_P
John_P is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 06:14 PM
  #2  
Administrator/Jarhead
 
madhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 14,965
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Wish I was there with you, buddy.

Have a good time.
madhat is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 06:17 PM
  #3  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Holly Ridge, N.C.
Posts: 8,286
Likes: 0
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat View Post
Wish I was there with you, buddy.

Have a good time.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Mark:

I wish you could be here too buddy! BTW,....how is everything going over in the Far East???

MAN,.....your post count has SURE GONE UP! I saw that a couple of days ago and about fell out of my chair Mark!

Take care buddy!

---------
John_P
John_P is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 06:56 PM
  #4  
Registered User
 
05CTDN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: F-ville NC
Posts: 1,368
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be there if you call....and Dan said he has his walker and might make an appearance if he can keep the pain down.
05CTDN8 is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 08:45 PM
  #5  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 890
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would love to go ,but my daughters first horse show class is tommorrow.the logistics will never work out.give us some updates.if you guys go next weekend i may take my hemi and run over there and make some passes...
king d is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 09:57 PM
  #6  
Administrator/Jarhead
 
madhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 14,965
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey, John... it's not too bad... wowsers! Last time I looked at my PC, it was around 4700ish... that crap can't be right...


I posted a lot of pics in my Japan thread in the other section.

I miss my truck severly...
madhat is offline  
Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 PM
  #7  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Holly Ridge, N.C.
Posts: 8,286
Likes: 0
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat View Post
Hey, John... it's not too bad... wowsers! Last time I looked at my PC, it was around 4700ish... that crap can't be right...


I posted a lot of pics in my Japan thread in the other section.

I miss my truck severly...
-------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your reply buddy! Glad to hear you are doing alright over there.

Yeah, I thought you had around 4,700 or so too and then I saw that 7,000 number!! I said WOW that guy has been burning that keyboard up!
John_P is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 03:38 PM
  #8  
Registered User
 
05CTDN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: F-ville NC
Posts: 1,368
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John and Chris,

Had a blast with you guys, hope to do it again sometime. Fastest run was a 13.091 @ 103.41
05CTDN8 is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 03:58 PM
  #9  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Holly Ridge, N.C.
Posts: 8,286
Likes: 0
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD View Post
John and Chris,

Had a blast with you guys, hope to do it again sometime. Fastest run was a 13.091 @ 103.41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a great time too Nate! It was good to see you and Chris Crooms again.

For those of you that missed this, our friend Chris Crooms with his 2004 Dodge Hemi SC, 4X4 Auto, which he has been modifying for awhile now, was running very consistent 12.8's all day long at 101-103 MPH! IMHO,...that is darn quick for that truck. My congratulations to Chris Crooms on getting into the 12's! I know how hard you have worked on your truck buddy!

Nate and I also "lined up" our Flame Red Dodge CTD CR Trucks as we have been wanting to do for awhile now. Nate is running JUST the "hot" Smarty now, (I think the TNT-R version) and I still have the earlier Smarty 4.10 Program "stacked" with my TST with R-49. Unfortunately for me,....I forgot to bring my Smarty Programmer with me to the track so I could trun everything up and at least TRY to stay with Nate's Truck! Well,... we left the line and I beat him on reaction time (.680 to Nate's 1.01) but Nate passed me up and kicked my rear pretty good running a very impressive [email protected] against my much slower time of [email protected]! Nate, my CONGRATULATIONS to you buddy! I kept telling Nate "he was going to beat me" but he didn't think so. After I got home, I plugged in my Smarty Programmer and found that I had it on "LEVEL #4, not level #5 as I thought at the track. So, I was running Smarty Level #4, TST on 2/1 and I think Nate was on Smarty Level #9. So,....we have decided to go back to CPD and try it again soon. Hopefully, Cris Croom will join DTR later today, and get some video up of our race in addition to the runs with his Dodge Hemi Truck. Cris,....thanks alot for bringing your video camera!

So,...in addition to my 2006 having gotten the "Death Wobble" Disease, it also seems to have slowed down in it's old age! My previous best at CPD with the 2006 was [email protected] MPH with the same Smarty on Level #8 and the TST on 3/2 with timing and rail pressure set higher than today.

One last thing of interest. We also ran into one of the "Diesel Addiction" Duramax Crew out there, namely, Chris, and he advised Nate that NCDTR #18 Member "OthrGrl", namely, Dustin, has blown his engine in his Duramax!

--------
John_P
John_P is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 04:06 PM
  #10  
Registered User
 
05CTDN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: F-ville NC
Posts: 1,368
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John_P View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a great time too Nate! It was good to see you and Chris Crooms again.

For those of you that missed this, our friend Chris Crooms with his 2004 Dodge Hemi SC, 4X4 Auto, which he has been modifying for awhile now, was running very consistent 12.8's all day long at 101-103 MPH! IMHO,...that is darn quick for that truck. My congratulations to Chris Crooms on getting into the 12's! I know how hard you have worked on your truck buddy!

Nate and I also "lined up" our Flame Red Dodge CTD CR Trucks as we have been wanting to do for awhile now. Nate is running JUST the "hot" Smarty now, (I think the TNT-R version) and I still have the earlier Smarty 4.10 Program "stacked" with my TST with R-49. Unfortunately for me,....I forgot to bring my Smarty Programmer with me to the track so I could trun everything up and at least TRY to stay with Nate's Truck! Well,... we left the line and I beat him on reaction time (.680 to Nate's 1.01) but Nate passed me up and kicked my rear pretty good running a very impressive [email protected] against my much slower time of [email protected]! Nate, my CONGRATULATIONS to you buddy! I kept telling Nate "he was going to beat me" but he didn't think so. After I got home, I plugged in my Smarty Programmer and found that I had it on "LEVEL #4, not level #5 as I thought at the track. So, I was running Smarty Level #4, TST on 2/1 and I think Nate was on Smarty Level #9. So,....we have decided to go back to CPD and try it again soon. Hopefully, Cris Croom will join DTR later today, and get some video up of our race in addition to the runs with his Dodge Hemi Truck. Cris,....thanks alot for bringing your video camera!

So,...in addition to my 2006 having gotten the "Death Wobble" Disease, it also seems to have slowed down in it's old age! My previous best at CPD with the 2006 was [email protected] MPH with the same Smarty on Level #8 and the TST on 3/2 with timing and rail pressure set higher than today.

One last thing of interest. We also ran into one of the "Diesel Addiction" Duramax Crew out there, namely, Chris, and he advised Nate that NCDTR #18 Member "OthrGrl", namely, Dustin, has blown his engine in his Duramax!

--------
John_P
JP,

I am not running the -R....that is WAY too hot for me. But I am running TNT-Revo with everything maxxed out!!! You and me will line up again soon, thanks for the race. I cannot wait to see the video!!
05CTDN8 is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
  #11  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Holly Ridge, N.C.
Posts: 8,286
Likes: 0
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD View Post
JP,

I am not running the -R....that is WAY too hot for me. But I am running TNT-Revo with everything maxxed out!!! You and me will line up again soon, thanks for the race. I cannot wait to see the video!!
------------------------------------------------------------
DOH,........ sorry about that Nate,..... I thought you had the TNT-R. Anyway,....good job buddy! I certainly didn't have anything for you today!
John_P is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 05:25 PM
  #12  
Registered User
 
05CTDN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: F-ville NC
Posts: 1,368
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,

Do not forget the story about the "Shelby" Mudstain that made the mistake of following me too closely onto 24...
05CTDN8 is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 05:56 PM
  #13  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 890
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
next time you guys head out let me know,i would love to carry my hemi over there and make some fun runs...
king d is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
  #14  
Registered User
 
zuki_dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New Bern, NC
Posts: 270
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John,
Sorry I missed the dragstrip. I would have liked to have been there to run my truck with the new twins, to see how it runs. So far all the way turned up it only runs 900 degs. at WOT w/ stock injectors and pump. Maybe I 'll make it in a couple of weeks after I get my injectors and pumps on this next weekend.
zuki_dan is offline  
Old 02-01-2009, 07:00 PM
  #15  
Registered User
 
05CTDN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: F-ville NC
Posts: 1,368
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by king d View Post
next time you guys head out let me know,i would love to carry my hemi over there and make some fun runs...
So are you sick of that weak TST I sold ya? Bring the truck by and I will take it off your hands. I need all the help I can get next time JP & I line up!!!

Daniel,

I know I am interested in seeing what those big compound turbos will do...



As for me, I am a recreational racer now. If you see my other post on here I have a new found fun!!!



05CTDN8 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coastal Plains Dragway on Sunday Feb.1, 2009?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.