Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   NCDTR #18 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/ncdtr-18-137/)
-   -   Coastal Plains Dragway on Sunday Feb.1, 2009? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/ncdtr-18-137/coastal-plains-dragway-sunday-feb-1-2009-a-231584/)

John_P 01-31-2009 05:39 PM

Coastal Plains Dragway on Sunday Feb.1, 2009?

Hey guys, Nate (ShakinRedCTD) and I may head out to "Coastal Plains Dragway" tomorrow, (Sunday Feb. 1st, 2009). A good friend of ours who has a pretty well modified Dodge Hemi Pickup Truck is headed out to make some "shakedown passes" and asked us to go. So,....if anyone is interested, we should be there at about 12:00 Noon when the gates open.

--------
John_P

madhat 01-31-2009 06:14 PM

Wish I was there with you, buddy.

Have a good time.

John_P 01-31-2009 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2371330)
Wish I was there with you, buddy.

Have a good time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Mark:

I wish you could be here too buddy! BTW,....how is everything going over in the Far East???[laugh]

MAN,.....your post count has SURE GONE UP!:o I saw that a couple of days ago and about fell out of my chair Mark![laugh]

Take care buddy!

---------
John_P

05CTDN8 01-31-2009 06:56 PM

I will be there if you call....and Dan said he has his walker and might make an appearance if he can keep the pain down.

king d 01-31-2009 08:45 PM

would love to go ,but my daughters first horse show class is tommorrow.the logistics will never work out.give us some updates.if you guys go next weekend i may take my hemi and run over there and make some passes...

madhat 01-31-2009 09:57 PM

Hey, John... it's not too bad... wowsers! Last time I looked at my PC, it was around 4700ish... that crap can't be right...

I posted a lot of pics in my Japan thread in the other section.

I miss my truck severly...

John_P 01-31-2009 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2371570)
Hey, John... it's not too bad... wowsers! Last time I looked at my PC, it was around 4700ish... that crap can't be right...

I posted a lot of pics in my Japan thread in the other section.

I miss my truck severly...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your reply buddy! Glad to hear you are doing alright over there.;)

Yeah, I thought you had around 4,700 or so too and then I saw that 7,000 number!!:o I said WOW that guy has been burning that keyboard up![laugh]

05CTDN8 02-01-2009 03:38 PM

John and Chris,

Had a blast with you guys, hope to do it again sometime. Fastest run was a 13.091 @ 103.41

John_P 02-01-2009 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD (Post 2372196)
John and Chris,

Had a blast with you guys, hope to do it again sometime. Fastest run was a 13.091 @ 103.41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a great time too Nate! It was good to see you and Chris Crooms again.

For those of you that missed this, our friend Chris Crooms with his 2004 Dodge Hemi SC, 4X4 Auto, which he has been modifying for awhile now, was running very consistent 12.8's all day long at 101-103 MPH! IMHO,...that is darn quick for that truck. My congratulations to Chris Crooms on getting into the 12's!;) I know how hard you have worked on your truck buddy!

Nate and I also "lined up" our Flame Red Dodge CTD CR Trucks as we have been wanting to do for awhile now. Nate is running JUST the "hot" Smarty now, (I think the TNT-R version) and I still have the earlier Smarty 4.10 Program "stacked" with my TST with R-49. Unfortunately for me,....I forgot to bring my Smarty Programmer with me to the track so I could trun everything up and at least TRY to stay with Nate's Truck![laugh][duhhh] Well,... we left the line and I beat him on reaction time (.680 to Nate's 1.01) but Nate passed me up and kicked my rear pretty good running a very impressive 13.09@103.6 against my much slower time of 13.6@101.1!:( Nate, my CONGRATULATIONS to you buddy!;) I kept telling Nate "he was going to beat me" but he didn't think so.[laugh] After I got home, I plugged in my Smarty Programmer and found that I had it on "LEVEL #4, not level #5 as I thought at the track. So, I was running Smarty Level #4, TST on 2/1 and I think Nate was on Smarty Level #9. So,....we have decided to go back to CPD and try it again soon. Hopefully, Cris Croom will join DTR later today, and get some video up of our race in addition to the runs with his Dodge Hemi Truck. Cris,....thanks alot for bringing your video camera!

So,...in addition to my 2006 having gotten the "Death Wobble" Disease, it also seems to have slowed down in it's old age!:( My previous best at CPD with the 2006 was 13.0@105 MPH with the same Smarty on Level #8 and the TST on 3/2 with timing and rail pressure set higher than today.

One last thing of interest. We also ran into one of the "Diesel Addiction" Duramax Crew out there, namely, Chris, and he advised Nate that NCDTR #18 Member "OthrGrl", namely, Dustin, has blown his engine in his Duramax!

--------
John_P

05CTDN8 02-01-2009 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by John_P (Post 2372215)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a great time too Nate! It was good to see you and Chris Crooms again.

For those of you that missed this, our friend Chris Crooms with his 2004 Dodge Hemi SC, 4X4 Auto, which he has been modifying for awhile now, was running very consistent 12.8's all day long at 101-103 MPH! IMHO,...that is darn quick for that truck. My congratulations to Chris Crooms on getting into the 12's!;) I know how hard you have worked on your truck buddy!

Nate and I also "lined up" our Flame Red Dodge CTD CR Trucks as we have been wanting to do for awhile now. Nate is running JUST the "hot" Smarty now, (I think the TNT-R version) and I still have the earlier Smarty 4.10 Program "stacked" with my TST with R-49. Unfortunately for me,....I forgot to bring my Smarty Programmer with me to the track so I could trun everything up and at least TRY to stay with Nate's Truck![laugh][duhhh] Well,... we left the line and I beat him on reaction time (.680 to Nate's 1.01) but Nate passed me up and kicked my rear pretty good running a very impressive 13.09@103.6 against my much slower time of 13.6@101.1!:( Nate, my CONGRATULATIONS to you buddy!;) I kept telling Nate "he was going to beat me" but he didn't think so.[laugh] After I got home, I plugged in my Smarty Programmer and found that I had it on "LEVEL #4, not level #5 as I thought at the track. So, I was running Smarty Level #4, TST on 2/1 and I think Nate was on Smarty Level #9. So,....we have decided to go back to CPD and try it again soon. Hopefully, Cris Croom will join DTR later today, and get some video up of our race in addition to the runs with his Dodge Hemi Truck. Cris,....thanks alot for bringing your video camera!

So,...in addition to my 2006 having gotten the "Death Wobble" Disease, it also seems to have slowed down in it's old age!:( My previous best at CPD with the 2006 was 13.0@105 MPH with the same Smarty on Level #8 and the TST on 3/2 with timing and rail pressure set higher than today.

One last thing of interest. We also ran into one of the "Diesel Addiction" Duramax Crew out there, namely, Chris, and he advised Nate that NCDTR #18 Member "OthrGrl", namely, Dustin, has blown his engine in his Duramax!

--------
John_P

JP,

I am not running the -R....that is WAY too hot for me. But I am running TNT-Revo with everything maxxed out!!! You and me will line up again soon, thanks for the race. I cannot wait to see the video!!

John_P 02-01-2009 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD (Post 2372223)
JP,

I am not running the -R....that is WAY too hot for me. But I am running TNT-Revo with everything maxxed out!!! You and me will line up again soon, thanks for the race. I cannot wait to see the video!!

------------------------------------------------------------
DOH,........ sorry about that Nate,..... I thought you had the TNT-R. Anyway,....good job buddy! I certainly didn't have anything for you today![laugh]

05CTDN8 02-01-2009 05:25 PM

John,

Do not forget the story about the "Shelby" Mudstain that made the mistake of following me too closely onto 24...

king d 02-01-2009 05:56 PM

next time you guys head out let me know,i would love to carry my hemi over there and make some fun runs...

zuki_dan 02-01-2009 06:16 PM

John,
Sorry I missed the dragstrip. I would have liked to have been there to run my truck with the new twins, to see how it runs. So far all the way turned up it only runs 900 degs. at WOT w/ stock injectors and pump. Maybe I 'll make it in a couple of weeks after I get my injectors and pumps on this next weekend.

05CTDN8 02-01-2009 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by king d (Post 2372316)
next time you guys head out let me know,i would love to carry my hemi over there and make some fun runs...

So are you sick of that weak TST I sold ya? Bring the truck by and I will take it off your hands. I need all the help I can get next time JP & I line up!!!

Daniel,

I know I am interested in seeing what those big compound turbos will do...

As for me, I am a recreational racer now. If you see my other post on here I have a new found fun!!!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...g?t=1233524367