NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Carnage!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by haloman
I am going to poke my head in here, I have seen Johns truck lay down many dyno runs, go down the track, a little spirited on the street even. He takes very good care of that gorgeous truck and that is tribute to how long those stock parts have lasted even under 800+ HP. Oh BTW, John does this 800 miles from home also (as you can see I am from KY), can you trust your truck to do that far away from home?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel, my thanks to you and David for your comments.

I miss seeing you in here Daniel! You and I definitely do some traveling around the country to all the diesel events and rallies. That is a good point you bring up on the many so-called "daily driver" diesel trucks of all brands.
A good majority of them do trailer them to the events.

Anyway, thanks again Daniel and I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!

--------
John_P
Old 11-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John, although you haven't acknowledged accepting my apology for the misunderstanding - I hope that you have.

Originally Posted by haloman
I am going to poke my head in here, I have seen Johns truck lay down many dyno runs, go down the track, a little spirited on the street even. He takes very good care of that gorgeous truck and that is tribute to how long those stock parts have lasted even under 800+ HP. Oh BTW, John does this 800 miles from home also (as you can see I am from KY), can you trust your truck to do that far away from home?
I couldn't agree with you more about John's truck, it's an amazing and beautiful machine - that is why I would like to see them race, it is very closely matched to our fast Duramax. Winston drove his truck to Gainesville, Florida (750 miles) this past weekend for the NHRDA Southeast Truck Nationals to race it and ran a best of 11.53 with no weight reduction - loaded toolbox in the bed, tailgate on and all. They were serious about kicking anyone off the track that ran better than 11.50 without a cage so he left the weight in it as insurance. He is still on stock shafts in the trans and that is the only thing either of us are concerned may break far from home. I have driven to Brooklyn and back twice in the past month, once pulling a trailer and I drive mine like I stole it regardless of where I am. I was playing with another DMax when I had the trailer on just to embarrass him - he was empty and I was still able to pull away, even when he tried to get a running start.

We typically will trailer one truck or another to events that are far from home simply to save on fuel and have a trailer for the "what if". Usually we will tow with one going and the other coming home so that I fill my tank and he fills his - no adding receipts up to divide it out.

Have you heard about Pageland, SC guys? It is rescheduled (again) for December 6th. Would like to see some of you out there.