Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

TXDTR#8 (North Texas DTR) April Meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say 6" tip
Old 03-20-2007, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hotdram
For $50 (coincidentally the cost of a bottle of single barrel), I won't show them this picture

~Rob
For $65 (bottle of Bombay Saphire ), I won't be able to see the crack anyway... Where's my dang keys at?!

Originally Posted by RowJ
Excellent! Always nice to hear about good customer service! Are present wheels forged?

Congrats to Evan also. How long before he is driving himself to the meets?

RJ
I don't think they're forged; weight rating posted in a few hours.

Evan is supposed to drive the '98 to the August GTG - we've got a LOT of work to do by then!

The black tip looks better, and 6" would probably look great.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys for the Yea's & Nay's. Keep em coming, please!

I got Micah (ODRA) to start a list for the HPP Dyno day. Gave him the five NTXDTR names I was sure would be dynoing. Anyone else want on the list...let me know. Sure to be hugh crowd at that price so we probably want to run early-ish and back to back... which Micah kindly agreed to.

RJ
Old 03-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Thanks, any others?

Brian...good luck with your head. Thinking...no cracks no cracks!
What was your overall impression of the people & the Raymac shop? Sounds like they know their stuff. Surprised their name has never come up?

RJ
Was very impressed with the guys over at RayMac... I dealt with the owner who was very straight up about everything, from costs to explaining to me exactly what was going to be done.. I talked to the machinist and also the guy who will be doing my valve job. All were very knowledgeable and very helpful explaining the processes. Hopefully it will turn out good .

Apparantly they advertise in Diesel Power Mag, but other than that are just word of mouth. They had another 24V head to do at the same time as mine and said they do probably 4-5 per month.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:15 AM

Just an idea.... The paint on my vavle cover is starting to flake.. No better time then now to go sand blast it and repaint... Question is... What color? Keep it stock (Black with no paint on raised letters). D something different: Use the color of my twins boots in there somewhere?? That light blue?...

Shoot some ideas out there!!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Banned

Whatever you do don't use white. It'll turn yellow even with a clear coat and it's a nightmare to keep clean. Not to mention it's just not cool enough. Oh yeah, and don't sand blast it. Go to wal mart and get some stuff called aircraft remover (it's got an airplane on the front) and use it. You spray it on, wait 10 mins, and hose the paint off. It litterally bubbles the paint off right in front of your eyes. Really neat stuff.

Rowland, do a tip. I just don't like an unfinished look. Also, I hope you put my name in for the dyno.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Rowland, do a tip..... Also, I hope you put my name in for the dyno.
Thanks for your input and your on the initial list!

Just sp w/ BD for over an hour!! Found 40-50 hp. (at least on the drawing board) My mistake. Long story... will explain at get together...if I'm right.

RJ
Old 03-20-2007, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Just an idea.... The paint on my vavle cover is starting to flake.. No better time then now to go sand blast it and repaint... Question is... What color? Keep it stock (Black with no paint on raised letters). D something different: Use the color of my twins boots in there somewhere?? That light blue?...

Shoot some ideas out there!!
Anodize it blue....and just buff the letter silver and then clear coat it....if you like blue….if not they got black, red and other color….not much to do…..OR you got power coating.

Rowland, I like the black really! BUT I do like 6” Tips….
Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Just an idea.... my vavle cover is starting to flake.. Question is... What color? Keep it stock (Black with no paint on raised letters). Shoot some ideas out there!!
JMO...Don't care for the whole matching colors thingie..... Air horns, valve covers, air pipes to & from intercooler. Some even do the alternator brackets and turbo compressor housings.
I do like valve covers taken down to bare metal and polished.... with or without black raised letters. Just me.

Note: Tyler ...... Is Brian's 'Vavle' cover the same as my solidsteel.com 'Braclet'

RJ
Old 03-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Chapter President

Chrome it up.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

40-50hp? How? You forget to hook a turbo up?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Duallydog
Chrome it up.
Ditto..........
Old 03-20-2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
40-50hp? How?
Long story shortened.... Wastegate setting to loose so over spooling primary (bottom) turbo by 10 psi
Also TAG (or any laminar flow straighteners) not needed on secondary. Reason - air from Primary is compressed and therefore being jammed into secondary with more than enough force. TAG probably reducing airflow at 65 psi (WOT).

RJ
Old 03-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Also learned that MBC's and Boost Elbows don't do what I always thought they do.
Reason is wastegate volutes WILL open, on their own, from exhaust gas pressure unless held tight by spring loaded wastegate actuator!

RJ
Old 03-20-2007, 12:30 PM

Long story shortened.... Wastegate setting to loose so over spooling primary (bottom) turbo by 10 psi
Also TAG (or any laminar flow straighteners) not needed on secondary. Reason - air from Primary is compressed and therefore being jammed into secondary with more than enough force. TAG probably reducing airflow at 65 psi (WOT).

RJ
I knew you were going to say something about the WG...but the TAG deal is interesting....

Quick Reply: TXDTR#8 (North Texas DTR) April Meet