Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/)
-   -   TXDTR#8 (North Texas DTR) April Meet (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/txdtr-8-north-texas-dtr-april-meet-141971/)

crobtex 03-16-2007 01:05 PM

TXDTR#8 (North Texas DTR) April Meet

I guess our next meet will be on April 21 @ HPP Racing for the dyno.

The Ranch will be open for camping and wrenching, but NO oil burning. :)

BigBlue 03-16-2007 07:16 PM

Sweet. Maybe I'll do over 460 this time. [laugh]

TexasCTD 03-19-2007 02:44 AM

Tyler you just gotta!! I will be cheering you on for sure![director]

Here is a link to the ODRA website and probably more info/directions etc. as the time approaches closer. http://outlawdra.com/html/eventsn.html

Duallydog 03-19-2007 12:56 PM

You'll probably jump all the way to 461 this time. [laugh]

BigBlue 03-19-2007 01:07 PM

With my luck I will. [laugh]

RowJ 03-19-2007 01:09 PM

Can't pass up 3 pulls for $40.00. Will be interesting to see how #'s compare to Bill Davies hanger ramp monster. :)
No changes planned for me between now and then...except for new flashlight holder and painted tail pipe,
which is already done.
(Without a tip on the 5" pipe, it sure does blacken my right rear panel.... but found out it comes off easily with windex.)

RJ

BigBlue 03-19-2007 01:10 PM

Rowland I forgot to mention it to you last time I saw ya but you need a tip on that pipe. A 5" tip would be better looking than nothing.

AggieJustin 03-19-2007 01:11 PM

Hmmm...I don't foresee any changes by April, but who knows. Maybe I'll go to a dyno and not run for once. [laugh]

TexasCTD 03-19-2007 01:15 PM

I am not really expecting any increase at all. The new GDP pump is giving me more fuel pressure (18-19psi) so who knows if it will make a difference or not. At WOT it pulls down to 17.5. The stocker pulled down to almost 0ish.

I'd be happy to just duplicate my numbers on a 2nd dynojet.

BigBlue 03-19-2007 01:17 PM

I'm gonna run this dyno with real meth in the tank (80/20) and see how that helps. If my numbers don't change then I'll be 100% sure that my pump is going out cause there's no reason I shouldn't be above what I'm at. And if it is going out then oh well. It's only got 127k on it with 100k of those tapped so I'm not complaining.

Duallydog 03-19-2007 01:34 PM

Of course it would be the same weekend that I'll be working something at our college rodeo. (If things don't go well I might be able to sneak out) The only thing I could dyno my truck for would be to see if the dump open and closed at full power makes any difference. (Unless I suddenly made enough money for a fuel system)

Diesel-Dan 03-19-2007 02:20 PM

April! man....you guys are just knocking them out! Ya know today is my one year up here already????? Time flies when your haveing fun i guess.....

RowJ 03-19-2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue (Post 1415558)
I'm gonna run this dyno with real meth in the tank (80/20) .....

Thought that was the game plan in Buda??

RJ

RowJ 03-19-2007 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex (Post 1411180)
...The Ranch will be open for camping and wrenching, but NO oil burning. :)

[laugh] Or we could dig a pit about 5' deep by 5' across and if anyone starts to throw too much wood on the fire, we push them in .... a human sacrifice to the Roman god of horsepower (Torqius Maximus):D

Never Mind!

Maybe just no oil burning.

bnold 03-19-2007 05:02 PM

Well guys I dropped the head off at RayMacs today... Was fairly discouraging talking to him, he has yet to see a 2nd gen block come through the doors without any cracks... He had about 7 heads sitting on the ground with cracks on the valve seats and some progressing up into the head. Hopefully mine will pass!!

The plan so far is to have the Head Mag tested (where they place a magnetic charge on the head and then sprinkle colored iron flakes over the head.. Where the flakes align into a pole is where there is a crack... He demonstrated the process to me with a cracked block, was pretty slick!!)

Have the head decked (within .0005")
Cut for oring
replace valve seals (they have their's customs made out of viton? sp?)
Replace springs with Pro/Sportsman
And probably do a valve job... More details on cut etc.. to follow...

Please no cracks, please no cracks... [redface]