Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

N. Texas DTR#8 - July Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B.A.Ram
115???? What did the cop say? Glad to see your still alive manbearpig
HAHAHA......

Old 06-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Banned

hahaha that's great. I'll have to save that one and post it up next time you dissappear...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:45 PM

for serial!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ
You can be replaced by an answering machine!

That's right Dan! The calls will be there when you get back. You need to convince Brad you need to come make a showing at this very public TRUCK event.....for all brands.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 AM

..............................Rowland Who? I can neither confirm or deny any rumors of a 115 mph speeding ticket on Hwy 75... Wed am...while testing WOT egt's ..... on a return trip from Texas!

RJ

RJ.....I got your PM....and sent my best response. I hope it helps. Please call me anytime if you want to discuss it.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Geez rowland. Not even I'm that bad. And I'm half your age.

You are only 1/3 his age, young'n. You are HALF my age!!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Can robert get his trailer out yet?

Originally Posted by crobtex
He can if he don't wait for it to rain again.

Yep I gotta get it! Time has been in short supply this week. I knew that was going to happen. It was a bad timing thing....cause at the beginning of the week...the ground was still saturated. Then I didn't have any time Wed. or Thurs due to that "bid" thing I was telling you about. Now, Friday...another chance of rain.

I sure wish I could have taken it last Sunday....but this dang texas weather is something else. Rains and rains when you don't want it....then the faucet shuts off and we can't buy a drop of rain for 3 months in the summer!

I'll be in touch with you tomorrow. I gotta get it out this weekend, regardless. Period. If it rains again, Ill just have to come back with some dirt and a shovel and fill in the ruts. I don't know what else to do, because we are going out of town with it to Arkansas.

I have completed that "bid process" thing. I don't have enough "horsepower" (seniority) as we call it to go to a Day shift and get weekends off. So I am staying on the evening shift...but switching to Friday/Saturday off. I think that will work better for me with scheduling for my son and for DTR GTGs.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:04 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Robert,
Bring plenty of dirt.....I'll let you fill in Mike's and Tyler's while you're at it.

I'm glad you got you're shift change over with. Even though you didn't get what you wanted, at least you got something you can live with.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by crobtex
I'm glad you got you're shift change over with. Even though you didn't get what you wanted, at least you got something you can live with.

Thanks. I think it will work out fine. I will be under an awesome sergeant too.

Next year we get to go thru this whole thing again!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
Thanks. I think it will work out fine. I will be under an awesome sergeant too.

Next year we get to go thru this whole thing again!
Is it Sergeant Slaughter?!?!?! That would be sweet!!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 11:25 AM

well guys I'm off to colorado bend state prk for a couple days... had some testing time for my new primary gauge... I have the whole list and will post up when I get back but so far I believe my primary to be putting out much lower psi than urs rj I believe at 50psi cruise and stable I run 20psi primary compared to ur close to 30??? I'm guessing it has to relate to the size of outlet/piping etc...
Old 06-08-2007, 12:47 PM

Have a good trip! ANOTHER vacation?

Primary sounds same as others have told me for an S400....30 psi at 65 total boost, right (whats this 50 psi stuff).

Cold front FINALLY went through here at 8 am (was 80* at 6am)! Headed for N. Texas! Some light storms as the line went through but temps dropped 20* and now clear, sunny and dry! Forcast for tonight is low 60's.
Maybe the rain is done for this summer??

RJ
Old 06-08-2007, 12:50 PM

XLR8R - I finally got some good used 285/70/17's for my 17" steel rims! Actually too good...wish they were a bit slicker, but the price was right.
Get your Smarty working and let's head back to Ardmore? (while I still have my license).
I want a pic of that nitrous bottle running down the track(with your tailgate off).

RJ
Old 06-08-2007, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.Ram
115???? What did the cop say? Glad to see your still alive manbearpig
Said "You are very lucky I don't take you to jail for reckless driving!!" (direct quote). "But I can see you are a clean living, upstanding Christian kind of guy so I'll let you off" (not).

Actually I just convinced him (in my humblest manor) I was just stupid...and not crazy. Was feeling humble and stupid for not seeing him coming the other way before I started my EGT test.... so I guess it rang true??

RJ
Old 06-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

Said "You are very lucky I don't take you to jail for reckless driving!!" (direct quote). "But I can see you are a clean living, upstanding Christian kind of guy so I'll let you off" (not).

Actually I just convinced him (in my humblest manor) I was just stupid...and not crazy. Was feeling humble and stupid for not seeing him coming the other way before I started my EGT test.... so I guess it rang true??

RJ
nice, I don't even want to know how much that ticket is. 40 over
I tried posting a pic for you guys of the most redickerous thing I have ever seen but they said the picture quality wasn't up to par (camera phone) It was a dually ferd terd with stack that came out the side of the bed and stuck up above the cab at least 3 feet...

Quick Reply: N. Texas DTR#8 - July Meet