Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/)
-   -   N. Texas DTR#8 - July Meet (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/natl-regional-chapters-special-events-96/n-texas-dtr-8-july-meet-154060/)

RowJ 06-05-2007 10:30 AM

N. Texas DTR#8 - July Meet

Plan on July 14th in Alvarado, Tx! Just South of Ft. Worth. Detail to follow, but some info here....
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=145968

I need to get on Bob Davies's portable Dynojet again with Smarty on right setting, hood up and my turbos spooling like they are now! :D
I'm predicting I can get back to within 10-15 hp of 600!. :o Any Bets??

Appears to be a one day event, so maybe we can combine it with Sedalia on Sat. night??
That's our revered President's decision.... so I'll stop here! :)

RJ

B.A.Ram 06-05-2007 10:47 AM

yea but didn't they say something about an open bar? Not sure how many are gonna want to drive that far after drinking on Saturday?[dummy]

TexasCTD 06-05-2007 11:10 AM

As of now, im planning to show with the travel trailer in tow. Hopefully we can just make that a 2 day stay out there, rather than dragging it back to Sedalia and set up again.

Unless of course, the rain doesn't stop and I can never get the WW out of Charlies field![duhhh] [yuk] We got another BIG BIG round of storms yesterday afternoon/evening in Dallas up thru McKinney area. Not sure how far north they started though.

XLR8R 06-05-2007 11:27 AM

As a business decision, I'm planning to spend as much of the weekend as we need to out in Alvarado...

TexasCTD 06-05-2007 11:33 AM

I am sure most of the events will take us well into Saturday evening, right? We may as well stay there. Anybody have any info on hook ups/facilities for camping etc. there? I can bring the generator if I have to, but it will be a little noisy.

BigBlue 06-05-2007 11:55 AM

I'll be there and rumor has it some of my chapter might be up there but who knows. I'm up for anything.

bnold 06-05-2007 12:03 PM

I have plans to be there... RJ why the twins spooling so much better???

RowJ 06-05-2007 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by bnold (Post 1539378)
.... RJ why the twins spooling so much better???

Smarty on #5... No TAG... Heat Shield on... Exhaust leak fixed... Clean Filter... Scotty II hole open... and Cleaner living on my part. :D

BIGBLUE - Just looked on map... Alvarado is in James' back yard!

RJ

BigBlue 06-05-2007 12:17 PM

Yup. I knew that. But I can't have the truck down that weekend. I'll be dynoing the quad race box and the tst/smarty with my new VP pump. I'm hoping that life works out good and I can drop it off with him while I'm in arizona.

bigredBCS 06-05-2007 12:44 PM

i'm tryin my hardest to be thhhere, id like to put a face to the names tyler is always talkin crap about.....lol jk.

i say we stay the night out there if it is permitted!

KEGGER!!!!!!

B.A.Ram 06-05-2007 07:53 PM

in agreeance with the staying the night :D

BigBlue 06-05-2007 08:15 PM

Yall are gonna twist my arm into partying out there aren't ya. [laugh]

crobtex 06-05-2007 08:21 PM

If they let this bunch stay the night out there, it'll probably be the last time they'll let ANYONE stay there. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] But, I agree on staying there. It don't look too far on the map, but traffic and cop wise, it's a looooong way.

RJ, thanks for starting the thread. You are right....I'm pretty busy getting ready for George's last trip to Colorado. My father-in-law was a good man and I know he will be glad to join his wife and son in a beautiful valley in south central Colorado. It's where he had his first coaching/teaching job after WWII. It's a beautiful and deserving place for a man that made it through the war, played for TCU when they won the National Championship and went on to play leather helmet football for the New York Giants. After that, he spent his life coaching and teaching, and retired as the principle of Rifle, Colorado, High School. RIP George. :) He was 95.

BigBlue 06-05-2007 09:00 PM

Well scratch that idea. I forgot that my best friends wedding is on the 14th of July and I'm in the wedding so I can't miss this. Figures. I hate weddings. Gotta shave and shower and actually get dressed up nice. No there won't be any pictures. [laugh]

crobtex 06-05-2007 09:08 PM

Tyler, you've used this excuse before! We all know you don't have that many friends. :)