Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

"Fall Brawl 2004-Your Never Beaten Till You Admit It"..October 9th-10th

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 06:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Fall Brawl 2004-Your Never Beaten Till You Admit It"..October 9th-10th

Fall Brawl 2004..."Your Never Beaten Till You Admit It!"..

When-Saturday & Sunday October 9th and 10th...
Where-Kauffman Motorsports
-901 Range End Road
-Dillsburg,PA 17019 717-502-8880
Cost-$60 for 3 pulls with HP/TQ readings

Its a 2 Day dyno rip and cookout like we have done in the past.I have began to make the calls to our loyal sponsors and will begin posting them as they arrive to us.The owners who dyno are eligible for the sponsor gifts and we will do something a bit different this year as to eliminate some confusion.We will divide what we receive and draw on both days for the products,that way all can be in attendance and it will make my job alot easier by not having to track you down after the show.You may roll the jet both days and will entered for each rip of the "Humbler" as you have before.Trophies will be given to the winner in each class along with a plaque for Highest TQ.A owner may win in more than one category(like highest #2 and highest open HP),but,to do that he must have competed(dynoed)twice in 2 different categories.Classes are as follows.......

Stock....
This class is limited as in the years past to the following mods,air intakes and aftermarket exhausts.NOTHING ELSE!.I am going to try and figure a way to make all the years competitive with each other as the newer common rail injection trucks have way more HP than the older rides.Those caught with other unapproved mods in this class will forfeit any chance of winning anything.Please be honest owners,this is a fun show and I'd like to keep it that way.

#2 Only.....
This is EXACTLY as it means,Highest HP on diesel only.No Nitrous,Propane,Meth injection,Misters and no fuel other than diesel.We will check at random the trucks rolling in this class for illegal equipment,so lets be honest guys and gals.Twins,aftermarket chargers fueling boxes and injectors are legal in this class.A owner who is drug equipped may DISCONNECT and/or REMOVE ALL Drugs to compete in this class.

Run What Ya Brung...
This is the "Don't Bring A Knife To A Gunfight Class".
Any fuel,charger configuration any amount of drugs can be used here.The only rule here is the HOOD MUST close and latch tightly.This is for safety reasons as we have seen the aftermath of a head-gasket explosion with the hood open.

Couple of things also here to remind everyone...
-If you use or work in the shop to do more mods we ask kindly that you dyno either day.Ernie gives us the run of the shop and all his tools and all he asks if those who do work dyno and I support that idea.
-Also,ALL HOODS WILL BE CLOSED during the dyno runs for safety reasons and the only personnel other than the Kauffman crew and I that is allowed is the trucks owner,again safety here folks.
-We ask that you don't stand directly behind the dyno door while a roll is in progress as any flying object will hurt and possibly injure you.

The cookout is going to be a covered dish as we have done at all our shows and it works well.If everyone brings something there will be plenty of grub to go around.I will need a chef or two for that day to wheel the grill or grills.I have gotten us a larger grill(cooking surface is 3ft x 5ft) to cook on and may rent the second one if needed.Please post what your interested in bringing along.

I will update as we go along and draw nearer to the show.Any questions feel free to ask here or PM them to me...........Andy

www.kauffmanmotorsports.com
Old 06-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Andy:

Thanks for the early notification of this event! My son
and I are definitely going to try and make it to your
event this year. Missed you guys last year. We had
alot of fun up there the year before.

---------
John_P
Old 06-16-2004, 05:01 PM
DTR Advertiser

I am going to try to make it also. Where is Dillsburg at? Sounds like you had fun last year. Tim
Old 06-16-2004, 05:05 PM

Dillsburg is on PA Route 15, north of Gettysburg.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:55 PM

Count me in
This has been alot of miles so far this year for me
Munice in June
Claremount in July
Schields in Aug
Atlanta in Sept
Fall Brawl in Oct
I may just have to get one of those 100,000 mile plates for my truck by the end of the season. Which camp ground will the camping folks be staying at.
Take care
See Ya
Chris
Old 08-29-2004, 09:40 AM

Fall Brawl 2004

Fall Brawl 2004 is to be held on October 9th and 10th at Kauffman Motorsports in Dillsburg PA. This is a 2 day dyno event that has grown every year. Last years attendance was over 150 trucks! There should be several vendors on site selling and demonstrating their products.

This is a great time with plenty of food, fun, and wrenching. So everyone come on out and have a great time! Here is a link to Kauffamn Motorsports website: http://www.kauffmanmotorsports.com/

Doug
Old 08-29-2004, 09:53 AM

Certainly plan on being there, especially after I had to miss the tune up due to my trcuk malfunction.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Doug,
Did you put in a request for sunshine this time?,,,,,,,,,,, (I think my boots might be dried out by now!)
Old 08-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Dennis, maybe you could perform a merge? *Merged as requested,,,,,, Dennis*
I'll be there with my KDP killing gear.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:09 PM
Banned

Here are the two closest campgrounds for those who wish to use them....

http://roundtopcamp.com/ -We have used this campground once before a few years ago and those who stayed there enjoyed themselves and liked the joint.

http://www.drummerboycamping.com/ -I personally do not know much about this place,but,the Ford Contigent who roll with us have used this campground as their meet earlier this year.I heard no complaints about and its located a little north of Round Top Campground.

Both of these campgrounds are within 15 minutes of Kauffman's and easily accessable from US RTE 15.There will be dry camping permitted on the Kauffman grounds as long as it doesn't swamp us out like last year on Saturday(Somehow I think Sebek is still trying to figure out how to get the mud off his truck from that day,LOL).

Updates for the show as I have them to this point.....
I have recieved confirmation from 2 vendors who will be on hand,Massdiesel and Double S Diesel.Double S will do a silent auction that weekend to benefit MS,something Tina has been struggling with for some time now,and I feel this is a great idea.Wannadiesel,from the DTR,will be on hand to eliminate those nasty KDP worries for owners who want it done.Dave's deal is about as slick as they come and he does nice work.He was with us at the Exton,PA meet earlier in the year and while watching him he made the job look easy.Dave will take no money for the tab work and asks only that the owners make a donation to the MS that day(plus he wants to be fed and kept watered,wonder if he is related somehow to our resident dyno wheelman Dave because he sounded like him when he told me that).All the money colllected for MS from the show will be donated to MS to show our support for those have helped one of our own.

I have others contacted and am awaiting their return calls.One thing I do not understand is the lack of support from the Ford specfic vendors.Its been that way since we started this show a few years ago and it still has me baffled.Doug is doing some more motel research and I will make a few stops and check also.As more info become available I will add it to the posts.......Andy
Old 08-29-2004, 06:50 PM

As I posted over on TDR, I think the silent auction is a terrific idea; I'm glad Nick and Tina (Double S) will be coming out.

As one of the (former )Ford contingent, we have used Drummer boy for our Gettysburg spring meets, and it is a nice facility, about 15 minutes down the road. Recommended.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:51 PM

Dave, your help and expertise will be much appreciated. If you have never been to Kauffman's before, you are in for ALOT of fun.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:07 PM

Hello
I will be looking into staying at the Little RoundTop camp ground we stayed there two years ago and it was good to go.
Course it may be just me and I can drag the camper up and camp out in the back corner (on high ground)
I have a better idea of what I will be doing closer to the month of the event.
I maybe busy cleaning up from a hurricane by then who knows
Take care
see Ya
Chris
Old 09-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Banned

Here is the newest list of vendors who will be on hand and are supporting the show.I am still awaiting call backs from others and am working to get a motel deal setup for those who desire that.

Vendors on hand for the show...
Renegade Diesel Performance
Performance Truck Products(But If Dockboy wears shorts while manning this table,he may scare business away )
Double S Diesel
Massdiesel

Contributors for the show so far...
Double S Diesel
Old Chickies Hill Auto Transport
Randelle Auto Transport
Piers Diesel Performance
Sled Puller Specialities
Forest City Diesel

Oasis-3 and his car hauling buddy Randy are helping again and I thank them very much.Cliff has messaged me to say he will also have on hand the "3rd Stack" or his hitch equipped adult beverage center .My question is this for them..Will Randy show up with a set of Dr.Stackmeister stacks on his newest ride,time will tell.

I will add more as I get answers from the calls still unanswered...........Andy

on edit...
Opps and my apologies to Rammin On and his fine business "Forest City Diesel" and their continued support of our show.Somehow in my notes I forgot that I chatted with Kieth and overlooked him as a contributor to the weekends activities.Thanks to Kieth and Lisa for all they do for our shows and this diesel board.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Banned

I am still working on a motel setup and finding owners who are being very stingy due to the antique car show in Hershey.I have not given up the chase and will make one last round and see what I can get arranged.

Updates for the show.....
Here is a updated list of businesses who are supporting the show.
Double S Diesel
Old Chickies Hill Auto Transport
Randelle Auto Transport
Piers Diesel Performance
Sled Puller Specialities
Forest City Diesel
Geno's Garage
TDR
B-D Power
Zimmey's Automotive
Massdiesel
Amsoil-John Doyle(he was with us last year)

There is still more in the works and I'll keep you posted on it..........Andy

Quick Reply: "Fall Brawl 2004-Your Never Beaten Till You Admit It"..October 9th-10th