Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Anybody up for a Houston, TX chapter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay 2920 off of 45 right any particular location (parking lot) etc its over an hour drive for me i am guessing.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:06 PM

Dang I see how you guys gonna do it!! Wait till I move then start having all the get togethers sniff sniff

Well I will be back up in Houston on saturday with the wife and mother in law so I would definately be looking for something to do then!!!!

Well you guys dont have to much fun with out me or at least blow some black smoke for me!!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 PM

Houston natives!!!!!!!!

I'm strongly considering a transfer with the company down to Houston, I'm a HD mechanic in the oilfield.

Now, can somebody shed some light on the REAL house situation in the area? Wife and I have 2 small girls, we;re looking for a nice upper middle class neighbourhood type thing. looking to pull the trigger within the next year type thing.

We've been browsing online houses for sale> Where is Harris? we saw some nice places. I think the NW corner of the city is close to work........how are the areas around there? I've been checking out the google maps, but they really don't tell you anything.

Our shop is inbetween the intersection of...... W Sam Houston Tollway N & Clay Rd. & NW Fwy

Tesco Corporation (US)
Operations (US)
11330 Brittmoore Park Drive
Houston, Texas, UNITED STATES 77041
Old 02-16-2008, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by 1-5-3-6-2-4
Houston natives!!!!!!!!

I'm strongly considering a transfer with the company down to Houston, I'm a HD mechanic in the oilfield.

Now, can somebody shed some light on the REAL house situation in the area? Wife and I have 2 small girls, we;re looking for a nice upper middle class neighbourhood type thing. looking to pull the trigger within the next year type thing.

We've been browsing online houses for sale> Where is Harris? we saw some nice places. I think the NW corner of the city is close to work........how are the areas around there? I've been checking out the google maps, but they really don't tell you anything.

Our shop is inbetween the intersection of...... W Sam Houston Tollway N & Clay Rd. & NW Fwy

Tesco Corporation (US)
Operations (US)

When we lived up there we lived in spring. In the area we were at was pretty nice prior to KATRINA!!! If I had it to do over again I would have lived a tad farther say the far north end of spring. You can't go wrong I feel with the conroe area. My wife worked up that way and we had tons of friends in that area and it is really really nice in most areas expecially the closer you get to the lake!

There are several other places around houston that are great places to live in that area is what I know so I wont bother dropping my $.02 on other places! Well since I said that Katy is also a nice area to live as well.

Dont have kids as of yet so I have no Idea on schools but spring and conroe are in pretty good districts from what our friends have said. Also Klein ISD as well. I hope some of this helps you out.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by 1-5-3-6-2-4
Houston natives!!!!!!!!

Tesco Corporation (US)
Operations (US)

Hey you can also check in the Woodlands just be aware that some areas of there are very pricey! Kingwood on the 59 side is a nice place but since we moved from houston I here that they changed something up over there and it had tons of home owners all sorts of mad and many were moving out so you may want to investigate that. I know my wifes boss and several others bailed out of kingwood so beaware if you run across a good deal in that area!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:22 AM

cypress is a pretty nice place... its just north west of the plant...
Old 02-29-2008, 12:28 AM

Any news on an upcoming meet?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:07 PM

hey guys lets get this thread goin again and maybe think up a meet or two. this is the closest chapter to me.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:27 AM

Ive been waiten for a while