Suggestions, Comments and Site Questions Post your comments and suggestions here. We always want to improve the site.

Why I became chapter President, other Chapter Presidents please chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why I became chapter President, other Chapter Presidents please chime in!

Fyi:

It has come to my attention that some members have the wrong idea as to what a Chapter President does and why they do it!

I posted it here because I'd like other Presidents to do so and I'd like Jack and Lary's input as well.

In my case I became Chapter President because there was no California chapter at the time. I was quickly overwhelmed by members 400 miles from me whom I knew I could not readily see or hang out with.

With almost 40 million people in this state and 18% being diesel owners I quickly enlisted the help of Mr. Heiser, Southern Ca Chapter President, and Mr. Mckee, central Ca Chapter president to handle the load. I hope your chapters are doing well guys.

As for my chapter #21, I'm excruciatingly happy to have 42+ members now(growing daily) all headed in 17 different directions daily. My members know that if there is a diesel event in their area then they can post it as being a chapter#21 event in the National and regional chapters forum. Even if I cannot make it all of our Chapter#21 events, our members are the reason that this site exists and will continue to prospher!!

As Chapter President I have taken on the task of promoting this site. Un paid , no staff, and absolutely no reason to do so other than the FACT that I want to hang out with other diesel heads and this is clearly the best diesel site on the planet thus far!!

Your suggestions and comments are always appreciated.

Thank you Jack and Lary very much for having such an EXCELLENT SITE!!

Rick

P.S As all of you who know me know, I brown nose to no one!!! So if you think this is bull then you're dead wrong !!!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by runamuk

Rick

P.S As all of you who know me know, I brown nose to no one!!! So if you think this is bull then you're dead wrong !!!!!
I can whole heartedly verify that statement, Rick has ticked me off more than once, but he has NEVER done any brown nosing

Being a Chapter President is a lot of thankless work when you are putting things together, but the rewards are great when you have a good turn out at a function.

Thanks Rick, and all the Chapter Presidents for the effort you put forth, It is deeply appreciated.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:58 AM

Thanks Lary .............I think???

At least you made a point!!!

Rick
Old 10-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love to become chapter president if I could get my blasted printer to print out the forms so I can send them in.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Chapter President

I took it because the previous holder of this highly prestigious, perk laden position ( ) became too busy with his real job.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 AM

Big Blue you should become a chapter president, you are knowledgable, enthusiastic, and are all over the boards anyway, and doggone it, everybody likes you.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by nelrod
Big Blue you should become a chapter president.....................and doggone it, everybody likes you.
HUH? You have never met the REAL Big Blue.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:29 AM

Oh, and everyone who is a chapter president,THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH!!!! I am sure it is a lot of thankless work, as Larry said, but that is one reason I, and a lot of others buy products from your (our) sponsers. I would encourage everyone to do so also, as I'm sure it helps our site, and also as everyone can see from posts, these guys take care of you AFTER the sale. Thanks again and may God Bless You!

Last edited by nelrod; 10-24-2006 at 08:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-24-2006, 08:33 AM

No, I have never met Big Blue. (He looks good on paper though HeHe.)
Old 10-24-2006, 08:58 AM

Big Blue should be an honorary Pres based on his post count alone. I mean, if that doesn't scream dedication I don't know what does.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Good to see your Chapter growing Rick.
As I state to anyone who is interested in starting a Local Chapter, it is not easy work and can take up a lot of time and resources to run a Local Chapter.
However, more often than not, the rewards can be exponential in return.
Im always glad to see new posts in the Chapters section about a Local Chapter getting together. It doesnt matter if its just a small breakfast outing or a large show, the point is everyone getting together to have fun.

The Local Chapters are a physical extension of DTR. Thus, the amount of work done behind the scenes here at DTR is often mirrored by the amount of work done by our Local Chapter Presidents. The work often goes unrecognized but nothing would happen without it.

To all our Local Chapter Presidents and to all of our Local Chapter member, your work, efforts and time is greatly appreciated.

Rich.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by DieselDaze
As I state to anyone who is interested in starting a Local Chapter, it is not easy work and can take up a lot of time and resources to run a Local Chapter.

Rich.
AMEN to that! But well worth it!

I did it because of all of the benefits! Front row parking, my own space, 6 figure paycheck, we get to do, say what we want, plus the prestige title!

I did it because of the need, and the same reasons previously mentioned by Rick. I enjoy doing it!

Tye
Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
AMEN to that! But well worth it!

I did it because of all of the benefits! Front row parking, my own space, 6 figure paycheck, we get to do, say what we want, plus the prestige title!

I did it because of the need, and the same reasons previously mentioned by Rick. I enjoy doing it!

Tye
You forgot to mention the excellent retirement plan and the DTR stock options.

Rich.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
Big Blue should be an honorary Pres based on his post count alone. I mean, if that doesn't scream dedication I don't know what does.
Big Blue already has the honary title of "Chatterbox"
Old 10-24-2006, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by DieselDaze
You forgot to mention the excellent retirement plan and the DTR stock options.

Rich.
I knew I was forgetting something!

Quick Reply: Why I became chapter President, other Chapter Presidents please chime in!