HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

oh no sounds bad

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down oh no sounds bad

heard louder than normal klatter the other evening wasn't sure if it was engine or drivetrain so I put in neutral while driving noise seemed less ,reved engine and that scary sound of a loud klangking in the motor .Soon as I got home I check the oil level and was all good ,while driving I check all gauges oil psi good ,temp ok,EGT normal, boost normal ,power seemed ok.
Next morning decided it was best to go to the Dealer 1/2 hr away figured I could baby the truck there the noise stayed the same for 20 minutes then got real bad shifted in to neutral rpm raced up ,shut it down pulled off road called for a tow truck this sucks. Got to the dealership oil spladdered under the driver side?? their diesel guy came out to look it over then started it and quickly shut it off his opinion was possible bottom let go.Once again this SUCKS this truck has only 5400 km on it anyone else have an thoughts is there any way to get the dealer to speed up this repair I need the truck for work

there is no chips or programer on this truck at present glad I was procrastinating
Old 08-13-2005, 09:04 PM

There is none! last job i did i had the truck 3 weeks! They are at the mercy of DC and parts availabiliy. Its not the dealers fault they didnt break your truck.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:22 PM

Thanks I know they have to what for all the red tape but have you ever heard of a problem like this
Old 08-14-2005, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
truck repairs

Keep after them and IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THE REPAIRS KEEP AFTER DC AS WELL AND START TO CREATE A LONG PAPER TRAIL. THIS IS EXTREAMLY IMPORTANT!!! I have been suffering with their lack of knowledge ever since mine was new. Always keep replaced parts that you can, this will be good (info and ammunition) if they keep replacing parts on there lack of knowledge. Go in and look at the progression of the repairs and if you don't like something say so. The lack of parts is very fustrating, read up on what should be done for work then you will have a better understanding what is to be done. Have a camera for added info.

The new engines have oil cooling / lubricated bottom cylinders one could have been missed when it was built. Don't take, you aren't allowed in the shop area for compensation reasons it is your $?????.00 that they took from you for a truck that (WORKS). When your truck comes out of the shop and they test drive it You also take it for a test drive and try it out don't take it if your aren't 1000 % happy with it this will pay off in the long run, run the engine for a number of thousand km's and take a number of oil samples if there is a problem the samples will tell the truth. It will be cheaper in the long run.

GOOD LUCK.

I have NEVER been happy with the 99 24V 3500 4X4 5spd that I have.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:18 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: truck repairs

Originally posted by neveragain

I have NEVER been happy with the 99 24V 3500 4X4 5spd that I have.
5 Years later I think I would have traded it by now?...............