HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Lost power steering and brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The heating went out in my jeep, turns out i had enough leaves in the core to cover a jeep.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last spring I went through 3 rebuilds and finally bought a new OEM from Mop4Less. http://www.mopar4less.com/
If you call them be sure to ask for internet parts. If I had done that in the first place I would have saved about $200 and two trips under the hood.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:07 PM

Fixed again!- Checkers Auto Parts rocks!

Okay, so fed up with the problem on the Power Steering pump and no brakes I called Dodge today and took the truck in. 2.25 hrs later and $300.10 they tell me its my ps pump.
I head to checkers and tell them the pump I replaced just 2 weeks ago was the cause again and then told them what I spent tracking it down.
They took the Dodge receipt and told me that because the part had failed, Checkers policy is to reimburse me the cost of troubleshooting.
They gave me a new pump and 1qt of ps fluid, took $100 cash deposit until I returned my pump and sent me on my way.
I changed the pump out, and everything is working fine again. Have ps and pb's.
Took the defective pump back to checkers where they had my $100 in a envelope and I was told that corporate will cut me a check in a couple days and mail it to me.
So, with customer satisfaction like that, I will make sure I buy more parts from Checkers!
Again, thanks to all that had a say in what they thought the problem was here.
-Trace
Old 04-02-2009, 05:10 PM

Okay, so fed up with the problem on the Power Steering pump and no brakes I called Dodge today and took the truck in. 2.25 hrs later and $300.10 they tell me its my ps pump.
I head to checkers and tell them the pump I replaced just 2 weeks ago was the cause again and then told them what I spent tracking it down.
They took the Dodge receipt and told me that because the part had failed, Checkers policy is to reimburse me the cost of troubleshooting.
They gave me a new pump and 1qt of ps fluid, took $100 cash deposit until I returned my pump and sent me on my way.
I changed the pump out, and everything is working fine again. Have ps and pb's.
Took the defective pump back to checkers where they had my $100 in a envelope and I was told that corporate will cut me a check in a couple days and mail it to me.
So, with customer satisfaction like that, I will make sure I buy more parts from Checkers!
Again, thanks to all that had a say in what they thought the problem was here.
-Trace
Old 04-02-2009, 06:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm betting you'll be posting again on this subject.

....new pumps are abhorently expensive at the dealer, however, I've run into three aftermarket pumps that the drive on the pump shaft wasn't fit on tight enough and would spin on the shaft resulting in no steering. You couldn't move them by hand, but under load they would spin. Spent way too many hours and watching psi learning that one. Marked the drive on it (second time out) and found it had moved.

hmmmm..... no mention of flushing the system. You may be causing your own problem once again.