HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

FASS priming???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FASS priming???

I've just installed the fass on my truck. Not a real pleasant experiance either.... Took about three hours to figure out why the pump wouldn't run. Some fool at the factory crimped the white wire on the relay with out striping off the insulation. Must be some new fangled thingy where the power goes right through.....anyways now that the pump runs I can't get the system to prime right. I have both filters loose and can get fuel to just pour out of the secondary filter but never any further. Any advice is appreaciated my only means of transport is sitting with the hood up in the driveway. Thanks in advance

ADAM
Old 05-28-2004, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tighten the filters up and start the truck Unless you have a serious air leak, bumping the starter a couple of times will pump it right through. To be sure, just break the injector pump fitting and let it bleed out, but that should not be necessary.

The rear filter is on the pre pump side and if that is loose you are just pulling air. Fuel out the secondary side means it is purged of air, so start the truck.
Old 05-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, what he said.