HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Bought rebuilt 2500, my mechanic suspects chop

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by tool
Glad to hear your story checks out.

If you know what you are doing and deal with reputable shops a rebuild can be a great vehicle. I've had experience.

Especially these days when VIN's and vehicle history are much easier tracked.

Plus these days all vehicles being put back on the road must pass a structural integrity test, make sure the vehicle is sound and everything is straight.

I've been told that lots of trucks that have been pulling BIG trailers all their "lives" will have major frame twisting and sometimes cracking!

A structural integrity test is an added bonus on a rebuilt vehicle.
Yep. Cost savings also.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Probably is a vehicle you kind of need to figure you're commited to for a while?? Just beacuse of the fact that not everybody is willing to accpet the stigma of buying one of these vehicles.

But that's okay of course because what else could you possibly need or want than the CTD you've allready found??

Spots, do you notice any difference in your salvage truck than a comparable truck that hasn't been in a wreck??
Old 06-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by tool
Probably is a vehicle you kind of need to figure you're commited to for a while?? Just beacuse of the fact that not everybody is willing to accpet the stigma of buying one of these vehicles.

But that's okay of course because what else could you possibly need or want than the CTD you've allready found??

Spots, do you notice any difference in your salvage truck than a comparable truck that hasn't been in a wreck??
I don't drive it but yes it has some issues. It was really crushed when we got it. Some wind-noise around the doors. But less than 1/2 market price (fixed on the road with inspections) so why not? Employees don't care about what they drive. It will go to the scrap-yard when we are done with it.