General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Stolen truck!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stolen truck!

Well it seems after I came home last night and parked my truck in my covered parking space some dirty, no good, son of a mama hoo hoo decided they needed it worse than I did. I had just bought two shelf units and a trash can for my storage unit. It had both of my tool boxes in the back of it and all of my travel goodies. Dear Lord I pray for swift justice and unending punishment for all thieves.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:52 PM

sorry to hear that.... hope you get it back in one piece. i can't stand those no good thievin little@$#%#$!!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Sux to hear that news.

Upload a picture of the truck so folks in your area can keep an eye peeled.

Many times they are found only a few miles away.

Hope you get it back in one piece.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
That is terrible... I really feel bad for ya.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:41 PM

i feel for you.

my buddy just got his 01 2500 stolen last month.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:44 PM

That is a bummer having your truck stolen. Might be on it's way to Mexico. Do hope you get it back.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:05 PM

that blows goats man I hope you get your truck back and they catch the punk that stole it

Nick.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:56 PM

It sucks that your truck was stolen. I hope against all odds that you get it back. Las Vegas is bad for that. Maybe not quite as bad as Tucson or border towns, but pretty bad.

When I bought my truck I had LoJack installed, but then I realized that if they're heading for Mexico, I only have a couple hours to report it at best. I added the Revelco and now they can only tow it if they want to steal it. There's even a local installer.

I hope your insurance covers the tools too. Good luck.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:56 PM

thanks for the moral support guys. i can tolerate a lot of things but thieves and liars aren't in the group. I never thought to take any pics of the rig, never had a reason i guess. it is a white quad cab with a calvin and hobbs sticker in the right side of the back window and and IBEW union sticker on the left of the back window. Its basically stock except for the few mods in the sig. i hate feeling helpless at the hands of criminals.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
And that's another reason to snap a couple of pics of your trucks and post them in the FREE DTR Member's Photo Gallery.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 AM

well the insurance guy seems like he is going to be good about this whole mess. the thing that worries me most is the contents of the truck as they got two of my tool boxes and a bunch of other stuff. the rep seems to be willing to negotiate. they won't even start the process until the truck has been gone for 30 days. if you guys keep anything in your trucks, keep a list with pictures and reciepts for your goodies in a safe place. looks like my file folder with all of my paperwork is going to pay off. now i have to start test driving trucks to see what i am going to get next. i like the 2nd gens because i know about them but the kids are growing and the back seat is kinda small so I am going to look at some 3rd gens and see what I think of them.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Dam sorry to hear that Jason, hope you get it back
Old 11-26-2007, 05:51 PM

Turn the tools and tool boxes into your home owner insurance if you have it.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by rockwithjason
well the insurance guy seems like he is going to be good about this whole mess. the thing that worries me most is the contents of the truck as they got two of my tool boxes and a bunch of other stuff. the rep seems to be willing to negotiate. they won't even start the process until the truck has been gone for 30 days. if you guys keep anything in your trucks, keep a list with pictures and reciepts for your goodies in a safe place. looks like my file folder with all of my paperwork is going to pay off. now i have to start test driving trucks to see what i am going to get next. i like the 2nd gens because i know about them but the kids are growing and the back seat is kinda small so I am going to look at some 3rd gens and see what I think of them.
Sorry to hear about your truck. I had one stolen about 7 years ago. I had a 1994 chevy gasser that I had fixed up. I had wheels/tires, custom seat, $2500 stereo , flowmaster dual exhaust etc. I came out one morning for work and it was gone. I found broken glass. I called the cops and they found it miles away on a side road totally stripped. I'm talking bumpers, grille, billet insert, stereo (amps, cd player etc) seat, everything. I call the insurance and they start the "well we can't replace everything since you can't really prove what you had on your truck so we can put it back stock" . I always have and always will keep every receipt I ever do to anything that I have. So I start looking and find them all. Stereo, wheels and tires down to the last penny of everything. I tell my insurance company and the guy says "oh , you have all the receipts" So I fax them all to him and they send me a check for the wheels and tires immediately. Then they call the stereo dealer and setup things with them. They replaced everything I had on it to the penny. So , hopefully you have all of your receipts and a lesson to everyone else, " KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPTS !" You never know when it might come in handy.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 PM

sorry to hear that man, hope everything works out alright, good luck with the insurance company too, a few years ago somebody thought it would be funny to bust out every window on my grandmothers chevy blazer and they stole everything that was inside it, she had all kinds of problems with the insurance company, hope everything goes well for ya.