General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Are stacks "hillbilly" ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resale may be a little more difficult too unless you find that special buyer.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have often mused that if stacks were put on for the purpose they are on big trucks and built accordingly, many slanders and names would flourish. Pulling a hotshot trailer, they should be on the truck and above the load, whatever that takes. Keeps exhaust off your loads, keeps carbon monoxide away from your compartment. Other than for "looks ie cool" they have a purpose, yes even on a lot of our trucks. Otherwise road trucks of all sizes would not have them. Even many busses now have them. Pulling animals? Yes stacks should be a must have. To protect the animals. But they would be three or four feet over the cab roof.... not so cool you say. Yes but practical.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ratat98
I told my girlfriend that it was the "in thing" to put stacks on these trucks and she just gave me this aweful look, then called me a wannabe hick...

I think they are really cool though!!
I thought you had to be a real hick to live in Stillwater. I know I always feel like a city slicker when I'm there, and I'm a redneck. And I like stacks. Especially miter cuts.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:21 AM

Since were on the subject...I am going to run stacks this summer as soon as I figure a way to come up through the bed in both corners instead of taking up the 4x8 sheet of plywood space in the middle. I am thinking w/ a 3" body lift that there may be a way to get between the frame and bed. Still have to get under there and check it out thought. ANYWAY I am not sure if I want turnouts or mitre cuts ??? Would the turnouts sound the turbo better ? Which ones are better for sound ? How about in cab noise ? Not to worried about loudness, just want them to sound good. I have a full 4" pipe from the turbo to the tail and love to hear the exhaust echo off buildings as I go past. :-)