General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Registered "Smoke" Offender

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
def. no threats, just lots of people waving their hands to mimmick fanning smoke out of their face. Had a few people tell me I was #1 but that's about it. I don't smoke em unless they do something stupid...Oh well, I hear offenders get cool laminated cards to carry around and a neat website so that others can track you...so I'm kinda like a celebrity..whooo hooo
Old 06-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Banned

I think I am the lone member of the "i smoked out a motorcycle cop" club

the last time i posted that story, half it got edited and I had some bad comments directed at me....So you can use your imagination on that story! LOL
Old 06-25-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I figure I might see one of those before long. I try to keep my smoke less than 10 seconds...but I'll probably upset someone with just a regular puff. The KwikSpool doesn't seem so "kwik" when it's hot outside, coupled with the fact that I can't leave a stoplight slowly.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 973604x4
I think I am the lone member of the "i smoked out a motorcycle cop" club

the last time i posted that story, half it got edited and I had some bad comments directed at me....So you can use your imagination on that story! LOL
My buddy did that once to one up at his school that would sit on the road coming into campus behind a bush. It was priceless....well the ticket wasn't priceless, but the moment was...
Old 06-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
I figure I might see one of those before long. I try to keep my smoke less than 10 seconds...but I'll probably upset someone with just a regular puff. The KwikSpool doesn't seem so "kwik" when it's hot outside, coupled with the fact that I can't leave a stoplight slowly.
Hmmm...sounds like we have similar driving habits/problems....
larger turbo+lots of fuel+standard transmission+texas heat=NO SMOKE....
Old 06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Banned

then add some larger injectors!!

brett
Old 06-25-2007, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.Ram
Hmmm...sounds like we have similar driving habits/problems....
larger turbo+lots of fuel+standard transmission+texas heat=NO SMOKE....
I think your equation is a bit off...might have forgot to carry the one.

larger turbo+lots of fuel+standard transmission+texas heat=SMOKE (or lots of it)
Old 06-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

oh. thats kinda what i was thinking too, but you cant go wrong with larger sticks if your after smoke

brett
Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

sarcasm is key here....
Old 06-25-2007, 04:26 PM

Ahh...doesn't transmit well in plain text. You have to wrap it with the sarcasm tags [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] LOL
Old 06-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
Ahh...doesn't transmit well in plain text. You have to wrap it with the sarcasm tags [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] LOL
haha, I'll (<-----insert sarcasm here) next time..
Old 06-25-2007, 05:21 PM

I guess i got a life membership, I got pulled over a cop, was told to turn around and drive back to a parking lot 1/2 mile down the road where dot was inspecting a big rig. The cop ticketed me for excessive smoke, and creating a hazardous situation, or something in along those lines and cost me 248.xx. Then the dot boys came over and did an inspection of my truck, which passed. I ended up sitting there over an hour getting lectured.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by txfiremedic
Thats FUNNY!! I just hope I can qualify to be an OFFENDER too My Edge just doesn't smoke like I would like it too. Guess I need a SMARTY
I think it has more to do with the fact that your truck is an '06. Mine doesn't put out a lot of smoke either, and it's not for the lack of trying.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by B.A.Ram
I received a letter in the mail today from the Regional Smoking Vehicle Program. Stated that a "concerned citizen reported the vehicle listed above as emitting excessive visible exhaust emissions." Stated that if this was indeed my vehicle that I needed to take it to a qualified mechanic and make necessary repairs to correct the problem. "Texas law states that all motor vehicles, including diesels, are prohibited from emitting visible exhaust emissions for more than 10 consecutive seconds." I couldn't help myself when I read it, I almost fell out on the flooring from laughing so hard. My eyes were watering. Maybe I should get a sign and put it in my yard stating that I'm a registered offender...

Thats funny.
Something like that wouldnt pass here in Stephenville. Its Dodge country up here and 3/4 of all of them(other diesels included) have No muffler of any kind and they got their chips tuned up and pumps cranked. On a busy enough night if your standing close to the road you cant light a match
Old 06-25-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by 973604x4
True. Brett cracks me up.

One of the death threat situations was bad. The guy chased me down yelling, cussing, and threatening all kinds of stuff while his kids rode in the backseat listening and watching the whole thing. That upset me more than anything.

i was in the truck for that one and remember it quite well phil......." if you ever blow black smoke on me again i'll ....... KILL YOU! "

i still thought it was funny when me and boarbuster laughed at him when he said that!

Quick Reply: Registered "Smoke" Offender