General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Registered "Smoke" Offender

Old 06-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Registered "Smoke" Offender

I received a letter in the mail today from the Regional Smoking Vehicle Program. Stated that a "concerned citizen reported the vehicle listed above as emitting excessive visible exhaust emissions." Stated that if this was indeed my vehicle that I needed to take it to a qualified mechanic and make necessary repairs to correct the problem. "Texas law states that all motor vehicles, including diesels, are prohibited from emitting visible exhaust emissions for more than 10 consecutive seconds." I couldn't help myself when I read it, I almost fell out on the flooring from laughing so hard. My eyes were watering. Maybe I should get a sign and put it in my yard stating that I'm a registered offender...
Old 06-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

i didnt know that stuff went on here. were your crusing though austin or something? thats great!!

note to self: only smoke people when there is a breeze that will dispurse the smoke in less than 10 seconds

brett
Old 06-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned

puff, puff, pass.....lol
Old 06-24-2007, 03:00 PM

Thats FUNNY!! I just hope I can qualify to be an OFFENDER too My Edge just doesn't smoke like I would like it too. Guess I need a SMARTY
Old 06-24-2007, 03:02 PM

are you a registered smoke affender?

Old 06-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Banned

well ill prefer to not be a registered offender of anything...but i feel kind of left out since i havent gotten any notes in the mail. well i guess i need to double up on my prius smokings

brett
Old 06-24-2007, 04:12 PM

My son-n-law got one of those letters recently... He lives in Wiley up near Ray Hubbard. Sounds exactly like the letter he got... He's got an old late 60's Bronco that you "fill it full of oil and check the gas"... Then his homeowners assn. sent him a letter saying he coudn't park it in the driveway!!... Its sitting in MY yard now.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford View Post
well ill prefer to not be a registered offender of anything...but i feel kind of left out since i havent gotten any notes in the mail. well i guess i need to double up on my prius smokings

brett
thats funny right there....i dont care who you are, thats funny.

oh yea congrats on 1,000 posts
Old 06-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

This was in Dallas. My daily commute is up Preston Road so apparently whichever Mercedes or BMW that ticked me off that day decided to take my license plate down once the cloud of "smoke" cleared out from the inside of their car. It's not a ticket, just a "concerned citizen" so I can't help but laugh. I know when I got my drivers license renewal in the mail it had a number for smoking vehicles, I just didn't think people actually had it on speed dial on their cell phones...I'll make it a point to "take it to a qualified mechanic for an emmissions checkup"....In the meantime I am going to start a website so that local communities can log on and find out if they have an "offender" in their neighborhood...
Old 06-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

How come everyone gets one of those but me. For crying out loud, my injectors haze at idle. I just want a smoke warning.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Banned

Come up here and drive in the Park Cities and I'm sure you'll get your wish. Hmmm I wonder if existing "offenders" can send out invites????
Old 06-24-2007, 05:26 PM

Rob got one of those things a while back too. I think it is a local Dallas Metroplex thing...and not state wide. Not sure.

Right now it is a toothless tiger, but you never know what politicians down the road are gonna do.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TexasCTD View Post
Rob got one of those things a while back too. I think it is a local Dallas Metroplex thing...and not state wide. Not sure.

Right now it is a toothless tiger, but you never know what politicians down the road are gonna do.
Tis very true....in the meantime thought I'm gonna frame it and put it on the door, that way whenever I'm having a bad day I can't help but laugh when I walk in the door.

01.5 Dodge=$22,000
Miscellaneous HP parts=$3000
An official "Registered Smoke Offender" membership....priceless
Old 06-24-2007, 05:47 PM

Received 60 Likes on 29 Posts
I got one too a while back. Had to go down to the smoke police station and rev her up and hold it while an ininterested, unmorivated and seemingly unintelligent state emissions officer did a visual on my exhaust. I felt like I was giving a pee test!
I passed, but am also a registered smoke offender...
Old 06-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mhuppertz View Post
I got one too a while back. Had to go down to the smoke police station and rev her up and hold it while an ininterested, unmorivated and seemingly unintelligent state emissions officer did a visual on my exhaust. I felt like I was giving a pee test!
I passed, but am also a registered smoke offender...
Ahh, glad to see I have friends...I will make sure and shoot you a membership card once I get the website up and going...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Registered "Smoke" Offender

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.