General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Fords on Fire

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great now I can look forward to seeing a superduty pulling off on the shoulder of a two lane highway into the grass with his overheating DPF, and Burning me out I am glad Ford is on top of the issue You think they would put decals on the truck that says Stay Back 50 Feet
Old 03-22-2007, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Believe it or not guys, but there are still many Americans that don't know the first thing about Computers, and internet. So when they look into a purchase such as a new truck, they must rely on word of mouth, mostly from family and friends. And how many die hard truck owners do you know that would lie to the death to defend their purchase choice? I know, that I have met a few. It is very difficult to admit to others that you made a $50,000 mistake. (Even if it means saving others from making the same type of mistake.)

Just remember the old saying, "My Dad can beat up your Dad"

Also, even the worst of vehicles can get you through a test drive most of the time. So you can't really get a good read that way.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Bob and Ram,

You guys are correct, as consumers we all need to do our homework before making such a big purchase, I just hate to see anyone get hurt so bad financially.

Thanks for the kind words Bob

Rod, The Stay back 50 feet decals are plastered on the front door at the Ford dealership

OK I took my cheap shot at humor
Old 03-22-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

Rod, The Stay back 50 feet decals are plastered on the front door at the Ford dealership

OK I took my cheap shot at humor
Ok, I would like a round of applause from everyone
Old 03-22-2007, 03:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The Root Cause

Originally Posted by GhettoVaquero
i agree that it is bad for ford but does anyone think since the emissions equipment is on ALL 07 rigs that Dodge and GM may have similar issues? Ford is the first to really get any of their new rigs to market so we may be seing a side effect of this new emssions crap.
You guys worried about the same happening to Dodges are forgetting the root of the problem (and I don't mean the oval on the grill): LEAKY INJECTORS! (sound familiar?)
Old 03-22-2007, 03:25 PM

I work for a fortune 50 company and it is really struggling too.

What has happened to corporate America???? Ford putting out problem trucks, what's that all about? It seems no American company does anything right anymore. Produce junk, raise the price, suck in the consumer. All of this is bad news for everyone.

We used to set the standards, what happened?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll tell you what happened. Bean counters,,,,,,Money,Money,Money instead of listening to what the designers(Engineers) are telling them. Trying to save 500 dollars so they can spend 500,000 or more in warranty repairs. See it happen all the time. Trying to strangle everything they can out of a dollar and not looking at the big picture such as quality..... Just my .02.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:32 PM
DTR's Toad Wrangler

I have to say I can't remember such an eye watering, rib hurting thread.
Any way at this rate we should soon see not miles/ gal. but gal/ mile.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes i agree it seems to be all about money lately with most company's grab the quickest and biggest bucks and run to edit with the consumer the pond is full of them! If ferd goes under is this maybe the wake up call corporate US needs?
One thing is for sure it is going to get worse before it gets better but how low are we going ? What ever happened to build a good product at a reasonable price take care of the customer and you will do well its not that hard is it???
Old 03-22-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by rattlerbob5.9
What ever happened to build a good product at a reasonable price take care of the customer and you will do well...
MBA programs.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by TXTad
MBA programs.
Man is that the truth!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by TXTad
MBA programs.
BINGO!
That must be what they're teaching now...bottom-line mentality,get ours now,plan for the moment,don't spend even a penny on anything for the future that could remotely detract from this years bottom line,listen to voraciously greedy Wall street stockanalysts instead of that common business sense in your own skull! If there is a way to do it much harder and take a lot longer is "better" as long as you can generate copious useless metrics for your bosses spreadsheet.

It truly seems like the big corps(and I work for a biggie)all seem to be in a headlong race heading straight for the bottom. (Hah hah, I'm ahead of you guys!...SPLAT!!!)

BTW, Scott Adams HAD to have worked for our company too, as DILBERT has it nailed exactly... Illogical, STUPID business practices, pointy-headed bosses (i.e, useless and in-charge)and all!

Rant off... I'm better now...
Gee, I think I'll take Friday off...
Old 03-22-2007, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by GhettoVaquero
i agree that it is bad for ford but does anyone think since the emissions equipment is on ALL 07 rigs that Dodge and GM may have similar issues? Ford is the first to really get any of their new rigs to market so we may be seing a side effect of this new emssions crap.
Ford the first? Dodge has had them on the road since the cab and chassis has been out and since Jan. 1 in the pickup. Not only was Cummins the first out with the new technology, but they are also already compliant for the 2010 emmisions.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:15 PM

Over on RV.Net one of the guys is defending Ford by saying that the new 6.7 Cummins is burning up #1 pistons, so Dodge has their share of problems too.

He didn't have a source for his statement but folks jumped on it like a dog on a bone.

Bad news for our 6.7 folks.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I agree this is very bad news for the entire industry and I feel for the poor guys that sink a bunch of money into one of those nightmares. We can all laugh and make fun of the issues because we don't own one, but when it comes right down to it these poor guys are no different than any of us.

You buy a product like a new truck, you can only hope these things don't happen to you. Remember that most of the people out there purchasing these products do not have the knowledge about things like this.....I truly feel sorry for anyone that gets stuck with a problem truck, regardless who's logo is on the tailgate.
Could agree with you more Lary. Although the situation is funny, when you stop & think that someone is really getting hurt by the situation, it's not that funny afterall.

Quick Reply: Fords on Fire