Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

$0 Fuel Prices! No Kidding! Free!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
If time was money I think a few folks posting in this thread could've paid for the PLANS many times over. Then you could answer all the questions yourself.

Whoops my 30 seconds of investment are all used up.

Scotty
Old 10-24-2005, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P.J
Ohhh boy. It's all too much.

How about some pictures of that final product?

Or has someone already asked for that?

Just ridiculous at this point.

Oilguy's IP address is pinging from down under.
So Oilguy is Verrall.
nice
Old 10-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Oilguy's IP address is pinging from down under.
Interesting, because his homepage is http://freedomoilservice.com/ which is located in Texas.
Must be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong phone cord.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:49 PM

Hahahahaha.. LOL...
Downunder?? Dallas?? hahhaha
Good one!!

Oilguy
Old 10-24-2005, 08:05 PM

19 pages later and I'm convinced that Oilguy has something to gain by people buying these plans, but that's not why I won't be ordering them any time soon. How many of us really want a high pressure reactor in our back yard? While making biodiesel seems pretty benign: Harbor Freight pumps, old water heater, coupla ball valves, thermal cracking sounds like a good way to blow your self to kingdom come. And has anybody paid a visit to the petroleum institute's website lately? Diesel (fuel oil) comes out towards the bottom. When you get near the top you're exhausting propane and butane unless you have a way to reclaim it. My neighbors would not find this amusing. To anyone that's thinking about it, good luck. And don't forget to check your homeowner's insurance to make sure it's up to date.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by farmer dave
Hoss,

I think that we should also have Big Blue taste test it Just kidding.
Been there, done that. It's a taste that you will never forget!

I believe the biggest hang up with a lot of members is the NDA. NDA is pretty cut and dried when it comes to disclosures. I know, been in the same position with Intel, AMD, Microsoft, ATI, Tektronix, Agilent, etc...
With that being said, I have nothing to gain, since I have signed my IP rights to the corporation.
So I'm willing to be impartial bystander and just say 'yes it really works' or just a plain no.

MikeyB
Old 10-24-2005, 09:58 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally Posted by MikeyB
So I'm willing to be impartial bystander and just say 'yes it really works' or just a plain no.

MikeyB
Sounds like a plan. I hope he allows you to do it without much trouble.

Britt

Old 10-25-2005, 02:02 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by timcasbolt
19 pages later and I'm convinced that Oilguy has something to gain by people buying these plans, but that's not why I won't be ordering them any time soon. How many of us really want a high pressure reactor in our back yard? While making biodiesel seems pretty benign: Harbor Freight pumps, old water heater, coupla ball valves, thermal cracking sounds like a good way to blow your self to kingdom come. And has anybody paid a visit to the petroleum institute's website lately? Diesel (fuel oil) comes out towards the bottom. When you get near the top you're exhausting propane and butane unless you have a way to reclaim it. My neighbors would not find this amusing. To anyone that's thinking about it, good luck. And don't forget to check your homeowner's insurance to make sure it's up to date.
I have to agree with most of Tim's post.
I would love to hear Infidels opinion of this thread...and of the praticality of having a "still" like this one apears to be operating in the vicinity of their residence?
I think we have all started beating our heads against a wall here.
Yep, I also harbour a suspicion that Oilguy has something to gain here, but just a suspicion, not an accusation....
I think it was established a long time ago( page 15 I think) that this is probably a thermal cracking distillation unit and is most likely feasable, ....
However....
What are the risks involved? enviormental, as well as personal? What if any laws govern operating such a unit( taxes, EPA regs. ect.)?
Are there hazardous material produced? gaseous or other...
I would love to have all those questions answered, as well as seeing a report ( analysis) of the fuel produced. I have read the NDA and that would NOT violate it in any way... or put any burden or loss on anyone else who has bought the plans, heck , probably would help sell many more sets of the plans...... At a minimum I would love to hear a third party report on this unit and its product...
and OilGuy, if you take any of this as running you down or poo-pooing the idea, youre wrong, I ( and I think a few others)just want to know how well this actually works....and what the downsides are.....

Last edited by Chrisreyn; 10-25-2005 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Cause I caint spell werth a dern...
Old 10-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by papad
Anyway I applaud Oilmans resolve of not discloseing anything of the system except that it works...
Again, nobody has asked Oilman to disclose anything about the system. All they have asked for is a picture of the fuel. That discloses NOTHING about the system.

Personally, I believe he's telling the truth about all of this, but I also think it's ridiculous that he isn't willing put some of his fellow DTR members at ease by offering just a LITTLE bit of evidence that this thing actually works.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:13 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh, I was just joking................

But if I had a machine in my shed that could produce something I pay $2.85 a gallon for I would be spending more time out there and less on here!

Ah......... the humor in everyone pondering if this guy is B.S'ing us. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I think I can... I think...

It looked like "Snake Oil" when he first posted and seems more evident now.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:50 PM

The seller's feedback on ebay remains at 100%. The only negative was retracted (mutually withdrawn) from a buyer who didn't read the posting and after he bought it panicked since he wasn't blessed with abilities to use tools. It does seem that most of the buyers post feedback based on "Yep I received the plans" instead of "Yep, I received the plans and I am successfuly making diesel with the unit I built from the plans" Skepticism is a good thing a lot of times but I'd have to think that there'd be guys who bought the plans and built the unit who would leave negative feedback if the unit doesn't deliver. I guess I'd like this thing to work as do most of us here or we wouldn't be following the thread.

The current auction goes off in just under 4 hours http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8007635091 I have to wonder if "Big Brother" will close this down at some point... I guess if they do then we'll know we should have bought the plans.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:12 PM

Don’t want to ruffle anymore feathers, but I feel the need to tell Oilguy that I appreciate his resolve and ability to continue to keep us updated in the face of such adversity. Thanks, Oilguy, keep up the good work.

Now, give me a ten second head start before the Edit starts flying my way.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:30 PM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally Posted by gobucks
Now, give me a ten second head start before the **** starts flying my way.

What adversity? I don't feel that we have been unreasonable in asking for some kind of evidence that it works. I don't remember reading on here where someone said he was a liar, cheat, or a fraud. As I said before, I think he has the ability and I think he has probably built this machine. Does it work? Don't know. That is what I (and a lot of others) would like to find out and if he allows MikeyB to come and look at it, we may all find out. If he doesn't, then I personally think that the credibility will be completely gone from this thread.

If it does work, I might consider keeping my truck.

Britt

Old 10-26-2005, 08:28 AM

You can't say that Oilguy's credibility hasn't been called into question...you just did it.

Has it occurred to anyone else on here that maybe Oilguy doesn't see the need to prove anything to anybody? It seems pretty evident to me that this is an Average Joe that ran across an interesting idea and decided to give it a try. Not knowing if anyone else had attempted such a thing, he created a post on a well respected diesel forum to solicit feedback. He has received the feedback, of which some of the loudest has been negative. However, instead of abandoning this post, he has stuck around and continues to give us updates and I very much appreciate it.

I don't know why he hasn't just posted the pictures to quiet the vocal few, and I really don't care. He has offered the fuel to anyone that would like to pay to have it tested. As he has already stated, he doesn't want to pay the money for this procedure; rather, he is just going to take his chances the old fashioned way by running it in his vehicle. I respect that...

Quick Reply: $0 Fuel Prices! No Kidding! Free!!