Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

$0 Fuel Prices! No Kidding! Free!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Bobcat698
I have a 200x60 foot pole shed. It is about 150 yards from the house. Would it be unsafe to run this plant in the shed without CONSTANT supervision?
At 150 yards from the house the house should be safe even if the pole barn burns to the ground
Old 10-28-2005, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by McDiesel
At 150 yards from the house the house should be safe even if the pole barn burns to the ground
Lol.. not QUITE the answer I was looking for..

Do you need to constantly watch it or is it pretty safe and runs on its own for the most part?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:47 AM

Do you need to constantly watch it or is it pretty safe and runs on its own for the most part?
Was just trying to keep it light Guess we'll have to wait on OilGuy on this one- so far he's the only one who has the process rolling or at least the only one willing to talk about it.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:35 PM

The biggest problem I see with this system (even assuming it works as advertised) for most potential users is getting a constant source of used motor oil. I'm sure the local jiffy lube won't give it to you without a huge pile of paperwork for EPA regs. The few oil changes I do for myself aren't going to make the effort worthwhile (and I use synthetic anyway). Used fryer grease is one thing, but used motor oil is probably more heavily regulated and watched.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:15 PM

Verrall advertises it like Ron Popeil's Ronco Rotisserie...as they say on the commercial, "set it and forget it!" They claim it can run 24/7.

Speaking of Ron Popeil, anyone ever have, or still have, the pocket fisherman? One of the greatest (yet underrated) inventions of the last century.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by gobucks

Speaking of Ron Popeil, anyone ever have, or still have, the pocket fisherman? One of the greatest (yet underrated) inventions of the last century.
Sure for the right price you can have one TOO! and I will toss in a free set of Ginzu knives! But wait..thats not all! order now and I will include the incredible Veg-O-Matic!..It slices, It dices , It makes julianne potatoes.....

I think I just had a flash back
Old 10-28-2005, 04:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Sure for the right price you can have one TOO! and I will toss in a free set of Ginzu knives! But wait..thats not all! order now and I will include the incredible Veg-O-Matic!..It slices, It dices , It makes julianne potatoes.....

I think I just had a flash back
I like the Saturday Night Live's spoof on the vegomatic. Bill Murray called it the Bass-O-Matic. It was a blender with a little water and you dropped a whole fish in to make "a delicous healthful natural drink full of vitamins and scales."

* Back to the topic *
Old 10-28-2005, 08:33 PM

Bobcat... I haven't installed the regulator that allows you to walk away and forget it... I have been working on peaking out production and finding out what works the best. After I get to that point it should be fine to walk away from... And for those who think this is a backyard bomb... If I haven't blown this thing up... It ain't gonna happen... It is more like an instant JET engine than a bomb.
And I wish I had a 200x60 shed by my house!! Mine is 7 miles away in an industrial park! and about 1/4 of that.
I have been actually working for money lately so I haven't been able to work on the plant... I should be back on it soon though...

Oilguy
Old 10-28-2005, 10:13 PM

Thanks for posting again Oilguy!

I've been following your postings for about a week and I'm intrigued to say the least. Please keep us posted on your progress. I'm looking for the plans to go back on Ebay.
Regarding the website that is available for purchasers of the plans. Is there a generic site or home page that gives more information or ordering options aside from Ebay?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:33 PM

Unhappy Currently not listed on e-bay

The listing expired on E-bay so I snt an e-mail asking about getting the plans. Here is the response;

Hi,
Tomorrow we are going on vacation for 10 days. As soon as we get back we will be relisting it on ebay.
I will send you the URL for the new listing.
The price is US$99.95
Thank you,
Michael Verrall
Verrall Electrical Sales Team
35 Princes Highway
Tailem Bend SA 5260
Australia
Ph: +61 4 1780 5920
Fax: +61 8 8572 3528
sales@freediesel.com.au
www.freediesel.com.au

Sounds like the plans will be relisted.
Secondly, I don't think he would give all this contact info if he was not legitimate. He even gives the street adderss.
Ken
Old 10-29-2005, 12:21 AM

Ken (And whoever else is interested),

I went to his website. ( http://freediesel.com.au ) He has some other plans there including how to make gasoline from firewood (Not sure how that is done). I sent him an e-mail and received an "Away from my mail" response immediately. It said he would not be reading his email from October the 29th until November the 8th (Heck of a Halloween fan I guess!)
Any way this deal is cheaper than my new break controller so why not try it. If it works, and I'm pretty confident it will, then it'll be the best $99 I ever spent! I spend nearly twice that much in fuel each week!
I read about him and his company on his website and this guy sounds pretty sharp! He's part McGyver, part engineer, and part plain 'ole country smart. Give a guy like this enough duct tape and bailing wire and he'll get you to the moon. Seriously though this type of person is only limited by how big they can dream or how far outside the box they can go.

Barry
Old 10-29-2005, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Barryn

I went to his website. ( http://freediesel.com.au ) He has some other plans there including how to make gasoline from firewood (Not sure how that is done).
Barry
I wonder if it's alcohol from wood distillation.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by fschiola
I wonder if it's alcohol from wood distillation.
I'm not sure how he does it. The site says click on what you're interested in, but the free gas plans are not currently available. He says on another page to e-mail him with what you're interested in and it'll spur him along to finish that project. Maybe if we e-mail him to finish the gas project he'll do it next.

Perhaps the firewood is used for a smoke signal to summon the fuel delivery truck.

Barry
Old 10-29-2005, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Barryn

Perhaps the firewood is used for a smoke signal to summon the fuel delivery truck.

Barry
Old 10-29-2005, 01:29 PM

fschiola,

Canon City is a really pretty place. Not too big, not too small. I have an aunt and cousins as well as my brother in law's in laws.

Barry

Quick Reply: $0 Fuel Prices! No Kidding! Free!!