Fuels / BioDiesel / Diesel Prices Use this forum to discuss your biodiesel information, and to find the best price on fuel.

$0 Fuel Prices! No Kidding! Free!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oilguy
UPDATE!!!

I made a miniture and very rough version of the plans just to see if it would work....

It did! I did not run it very long >> but long enough to see that it would indeed work...

I am not trying to BS anyone... Here's the dude's website...
http://www.freediesel.com.au/Free%20Diesel.htm

I am going to build the big version next!

OilGuy
have you called this guy or just e-mailed him? i'm trying to call the number that he has listed on his site, but it's not going through. i guess that i'll e-mail him via e-bay, but it sure seems strange that you can't get in touch with the guy...

if i can talk to him, i'll buy his plans and have my brother-in-law build it and house it in his barn...i've been watching this thread for quite some time, and i guess that i'm just going to have to build it, because i can't figure out what's going on with your stuff. there's been no pictures, no proof, a ton of putting off, etc. it's been a couple of months and still nothing.

brad
Old 10-18-2005, 06:39 AM

Check Oilguy's photo gallery.

~Rob
Old 10-18-2005, 07:31 AM
DTR's Self Appointed Beer Advisor

Originally Posted by hotdram
Check Oilguy's photo gallery.

~Rob
Wrong system. Those are pictures of the system used for "filtering" waste oil not making diesel. Here is the thread: Click Here

It's a nice setup though. Looks as though "that" system would work.

Britt

Old 10-18-2005, 09:40 AM

It does... Infact that is the filter that I use for filtering the diesel that I make.. It makes it really easy to pump it into the truck.

Oilguy
Old 10-21-2005, 09:43 AM

I made some changes to the plant and production is up to 8-10 GPH and the fuel is lighter gold. I am about to make a few more changes and I should be able to bump that to 12-15 GPH... If I can do that I guess it would be equivilant to making $40 to $50 per hour! I might do that full time! LOL
The plans that Michael sells on ebay work but I built mine a lot bigger than he expected and this is why I am having to make so many changes>>> In other words I took his simple Idea and totally over complicated it.<<... This thread has been going for a long time and I was ready for a steady production a month ago.

Oilguy
Old 10-21-2005, 04:46 PM

In Oilguys defense.....

I bought the plans too a while ago.. Unfortunately, I'm on a job out of town until Christmas, so I can't start the big build myself yet. What I can tell you, is that I don't see any reason why this won't work. I've been participating in the private forum, and I've seen lots of pictures, and seen production.

The one thing I'm curious about, before I start building, is the quality of the fuel it's putting out. Cetane, lubrication. Contaminents don't really bother me, seeing as I can't see how they could get into the final product...

I stand to gain NO profit from saying this: If you can scrounge, operate tools and a welder, and need a hobby, then $100 isn't really that much to throw on the table!!

Hardy.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:50 PM

That may be well and good but I still see no reason why you can not take a picture of the fuel. Makes no sense to me. Until then... I'm not buying the story. Obviously I'm not the only one.

Britt

Old 10-22-2005, 01:17 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Some of these "non-believers" sure seem to be spending a lot of time hanging out on this thread.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by torquefan
Some of these "non-believers" sure seem to be spending a lot of time hanging out on this thread.

Yep... you're right. Still waiting on some kind of "proof". Simple as that.

I'm not saying that it doesn't work. I hope it does but like many others have said, there should be no reason why you can't take a picture of the fuel or where it comes out of the machine. If you want to just throw $100 dollars at something just because someone "says" it will work then I have all kind of inventions that you could buy into. Trust me I won't steer you wrong. Oh by the way... I figured out how to get Dodge to just write off the outstanding balance on your truck. I'll sell it to you for the bargin price of $19.99.

Sounds kind of stupid doesn't it? But that is basically what this thread has been about. The title says it all. "$0 Fuel Prices! No Kidding! Free!!" But.... I will provide no shred of proof that it works and all it will cost you is $100 dollars. Maybe more. It seems a little irresponsible to post something like this and then provide no evidence that it works other than "trust me".

Thread started on 8/8/2005. Today is 10/22/2005. Almost 3 months, 17 pages, and over 14,500 views later.... Still not one shred of evidence that it really works.

This is Just My Opinion. Wish I could be more tactful like Hoss and Chrisreyn but I tend to call it like I see it. Sorry MikeyB, I'm not trying to be negitave but it sure is hard not to come across that way.

Britt

Old 10-22-2005, 10:11 PM

How about a price list? And a difficulty rating for performing the build and running the machine. I know the plans are only a $100 but how much have you spent on the liquid gold machine. How much money would people have to spend that don't already have oil pumps and drums to work with. I have all the used oil & 55 gal drums I need but I don't really need anymore hobbies. I could build a small machine at my shop right next to the 400 gallon used oil tank but not at home. How automated is your machine?

I would never risk getting caught trying to sell any fuel, thats just asking for way to much trouble with the man. My partner and I combined might use 200 gallons a month at the most. I guess even if we spend $2000 building something we would get our money back in a year even if we only saved $1.00 per gallon. It could pay for itself in 4 months if we are getting fuel for free.

The biodiesel thing sounds great but I have absolutely no interest in collecting wvo.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:42 AM
klm

Proof

Just excately what would proof be? A picture of some fuel in a jar?
Old 10-23-2005, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by klm
Just excately what would proof be? A picture of some fuel in a jar?
Well, that would be a start. As has been posted many times by many people, a picture of the fuel actually coming out of the unit. Something?

Ah... nevermind. It's not going to happen.

Welcome to the site by the way!

Britt

Old 10-23-2005, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by t-7 firefighter
Well, that would be a start. As has been posted many times by many people, a picture of the fuel actually coming out of the unit. Something?

Ah... nevermind. It's not going to happen.

Howdy folks new to forum but have been following this closely. Brit with your mindset (NEVER-mind) that is about when you will get around to trying somthing new, NEVER!

I would like to share something with you guys I found on the information Hiway, you know that thing that you have in front of you that is suppose to give you info on things you know nothing about.

http://www.mretreview.gov.au/pubs/mret-submission23.pdf

just go to that site and it will tell you that this thing would work.
This Australian publication was interesting. It talked about a thin-film evaporation process. Makes sense.

papad
Old 10-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t-7 firefighter
Was thinking about this recently, why? I have no idea, anywayz,

How about a picture of the fuel coming out of the unit,
and a copy of the certified lab analysis showing that it is indeed Diesel Fuel as opposed to lesser fuels like #1 Diesel, Kerosene, JP4, JP8, etc, and maybe even the Cetane rating? pour point? and whatever else they'd come up with after analysis.

phox
Old 10-23-2005, 09:04 PM

Arrow

At this rate-he should have a 1000 gallons made! Show me the fuel! Seeing is believing! I figured the Austrailian selling this info should be almost a millionaire in the downunder! There have been lots of other DTR members who have bought into this-what's anybody else's status?

Quick Reply: $0 Fuel Prices! No Kidding! Free!!