Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

Backward Fummins?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I've heard and read, do yourself a favor and forget the fordcummins.com name. I am only repeating what Ive read/ been told. I bought my stuff from destroked.com. perfect fit and excellent customer service.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:38 PM
alwaysonDTR

so far getrags are still available.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:41 PM

I'm probably going to get flamed.....but........I now am the proud new owner of a 2000 F-350 XLT 4x4 SuperDuty Supercab Dually. I have spent allot of time researching the converting of my 1989 F-250 4x4 EFI 460 into a 94-98- 5.9 Fummins.

After considerable research and thought there was just no way to do it in the way I wanted to; between 12,000 to sixteen thousand.

When I started to look at donnor vehicles for an engine I couldn't help also looking at used diesels. I even toyed with upgrading my Fummins by selling the "89" and using the money to buy a much later model Ford with no engine to put a 5.9 in.

Long story short I through providence came across a 2000 F-350 4x4 Dually XLT , six speed, PSI with approx 101,XXX miles, in A+ condition. This vehicle looks and runs as if it was driven off the showroom and into a garage and not brought out until nine years later.

I bought it FAR below what I could have ever converted my old truck for. Plus it has thousands of dollars in upgrades I probably wouldn't have done because of the costs involved.

It has a SuperChip 60 Hp upgrade w/SuperChip Tuner. It has an Exhaust brake (somebody told me those run over a grand alone) controller mounted on the six speed shifter. It has a stainless steel 4" exhaust upgrade, with a chrome down turn tip. It has an Isspro Pyro gauge. It has a B&W SuperHitch Gooseneck, the kind that flips over and the bed is flat so my camper will slide in. It has a Speedliner sprayed in bed liner. It has custom alloy wheels, It has custom STULL Diamond Line running boards, and the stock like new tail gate was in the bed along with the mounted louvered Strongberg Carlson tailgate. It has aftermarket real nice looking chrome wheel well liners. And the fitted Ford bug guard.

The receiver frame hitch is the double stinger socket (s) w/outrigger sockets. It is already fitted with camper tie downs that are identical to the ones on my truck. Plus the body is straight and just as shiny as a newly minted penny. The truck is as clean and like new inside and out. It just turned 100,000 miles. I know it’s not a Dodge and I might seem like a traitor to some but I was able to get this truck for FAR under what I could have built one for.

If it’s any consolation please know when the 7.3L PSD gives up the ghost this baby WILL become a true Fummins with a Cummins 5.9 12v. I would still like to thank everybody very much for all the advice, help and knowledge they shared so openly. And I’d like to think that even though I have a dreaded Ferd….I’d still be welcome around all my Cummins brothers. Out of respect I won’t run my truck in my sig on this Forum. For those who aren’t too disgusted you can see my first diesel ride here.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/album.php?u=494477
Old 01-31-2009, 05:22 PM

Clean looking truck. I was hoping you'd pick up that F-700 though. Oh well. Hopefully that 7.3 lasts you a while. Or not. I guess it depends on how quickly you want to put a cummins in it. Good luck with it.