Cummins Conversions Discuss conversions here. For instance, if you want to put a REAL engine in a FORD, this is where you would talk about it!

2003 CR into 2005 F250 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CR into 2005 F250 questions

I started this project last spring and have been off of it for a good while now. I started back on it last week and have nearly everything finished up except for the wiring and AC setup. I had a few questions that I have not yet found a clear answer on that maybe someone could help me with. I tried to keep up with my notes on this project but over the past 6 months of being off it, i have lost them all. Here are details on the install and the questions.

2005 F250 ex 6.0PS
ZF6 transmission
2003 CR 5.9 cummins with 5sp ECU

1) Shouldn't my 03 CR cummins harness have a plug for the cooling fan? If so what if mine doesn't? haha There is not a single plug on my harness that fits the factory dodge cumming fan.

2) I plan to just use a cummins AC compressor and have the ford and cummins lines spliced. Should i have them splice the lines so i can keep both the ford and cummins pressure switches? I have been reading up on this and it seems that is the way to set this up but, I am still not clear on this.

3) The cummins harness has plugs for the AC compressor, Do i use the cummins plug or do i adapt the ford harness to plug into the compressor? Or do i just splice in the ford AC wires into the cummins harness?

4)I installed an Airdog 100 fuel system but doing so lost the fuel heater and temp sensors. Will i run into any issues with those sensors being unsued? Also, what are the quick connect fittings used on the cummins return line? I want to adapt a fitting from the factory cummins return line to the ford line.

5)Are these sensors needed for the 03 CR to run correctly? Battery temp, intake air temp?

6)To keep my 6.0 Dash happy, i installed a water temp, oil pressure, and crank position sensor on the factory CR tone ring. Will my dash want anymore sensors installed? Will the ford Map sensors supply the boost gauge with needed info?

7) just to be sure before i butcher my ford harness. What all should i be leaving to run into the ford ECU? So far these are the plugs that I have marked to keep. Crank position, water temp, oil temp, map, AC compressor, AC pressure switch, Alternator, starter wiring.

I think these once answered will keep me busy a while. hahah

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Mike,
I am in the final steps to my 03 cummins in to an 01 Ford F250. I can answer most of you questions . Pm me and I will send you my phone number. Besides I type like a monkey on quaaludes.