Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

Blue Chip Redline Is it worth the $$$?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blue Chip Redline Is it worth the $$$?

Working on turning the 99 into a pulling truck. It may get P-Pump some day but for now it has a brand new VP on it. Is the Redline worth it's price???? From what I can tell it is doing the work and might keep the computer lasting longer and it claims to make some sick horse power and comes with guages I would need to buy any way but still for TST or Adrenaline and the comp tunes I could get the same on paper power. Any one with experience with any or all in sled pulling help me spending my money on a chip
Old 07-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dieselfreak21
Working on turning the 99 into a pulling truck. It may get P-Pump some day but for now it has a brand new VP on it. Is the Redline worth it's price???? From what I can tell it is doing the work and might keep the computer lasting longer and it claims to make some sick horse power and comes with guages I would need to buy any way but still for TST or Adrenaline and the comp tunes I could get the same on paper power. Any one with experience with any or all in sled pulling help me spending my money on a chip
The Redline is great for pulling! Gauranteed 4k rpm every time.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:04 PM

Thanks J, Since you have the Adrenaline does it make decenet power as well? I figured i would wait on the head gasket to go to do the valve springs?
Old 07-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Banned

Thanks J, Since you have the Adrenaline does it make decenet power as well? I figured i would wait on the head gasket to go to do the valve springs?
The Adrenaline is definately stronger on my truck. Especially above 3200rpm. Problem is that the ADR won't allow you to launch at 4000rpm because of the way Quad does the fueling. He is working on some 4k rpm beta boxes, but they won't be available to the public for a while. I'm getting my 4k box tomorrow [beta testing it for Quad]. I'll let you know how it works.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:55 PM

That will be interesting. How is function and reliablity. I read some issue but that can be with anything you buy so not knocking Quad at all but figured it was worth asking. I only want to buy one box. Stacking this and stacking that give me a head ache. If any one had to pick one over the other which would you pick?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:55 PM
Banned

That will be interesting. How is function and reliablity. I read some issue but that can be with anything you buy so not knocking Quad at all but figured it was worth asking. I only want to buy one box. Stacking this and stacking that give me a head ache. If any one had to pick one over the other which would you pick?
As of right now, the Redline is the only choice for a puller. The Adrenaline 4k box is still in the works.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:51 PM

with 320k on the valve springs I would need to replace them before I pulled that many RPM's. Was gonna wait on those till they go but 4k will get me wheel speed going. Decisions decision. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a stack will be needed for the redline because it does not do timing. so an ez or smarty or something like that.

personally i didnt care for my redline. yes it will go to 4k easily....that is when its not timing out or the numbers on the screen turn to jibberish, which only seems to happen when you are the next guy inline to pull. i had my best luck with a drag comp and a smarty. it seemed to make the same power, only smoother with more throttle control and it worked everytime. that being said, that set up would only rev to 3800 while the highest i saw with the redline was 4077. those are free revs.

whatever you decide, good luck.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:47 PM

for what you will spend on that junk redline box you are 3/4 paid on a p-pump conversion if you put it together yourself
Old 08-06-2009, 03:20 PM

If the VP44 wasn't brand new I would just be going P-pump. I think what was making me lean to blue chips stuff is they are claiming their computer is doing the work not the one the VP so my thereory is the other don't make that claim so they are making the computer with known issues dothe work. Since i need guages looke like i might go with the adreneline. If the VP goes again sounds like as good excuse as any to go P-Pump.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:46 AM

REDLINE's are about the only way to go for vp pulling, dont waste your time and money on the TST or adrenaline or comp, if you want to be competitive get the redline.

Ppump Ppump ppump i keep hearing this, but at the same time i am beating alot of 13mm ppumps!

It is all about your setup, if you set your VP up right its going to take a strong running ppump to beat you, and with all these new VP's coming out who knows the tables may soon turn.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Banned

If I didn't have to tow/DD my truck, I would be running a 13mm P-pump. In my area, they don't tech the trucks anymore. I have to pull with trucks that usually pull open diesel. These guys have Nos, 3.0 chargers with no bushings & somehow manage to enter in the street classes [2.6 or smaller] because the tech guys are retards. I have stood my ground & landed in the top 3 spots at these pulls, but if this craziness keeps up....I'll need a 13mm & nos to hang next year.