Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Bluechip FMS upgraded to Redline vs factory Redline vs Redline unlmtd.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluechip FMS upgraded to Redline vs factory Redline vs Redline unlmtd.

Hey guys, im a bout to seal the deal on a Bluechip FMS box, and i will be upgrading it to the Redline immediately after purchase.

What im wondering is if there is any differences between upgrading an FMS to a redline vs a factory bought redline. I wanna make sure im getting everything they factory redline would have given me.

Also, whats the diff between the factory redline and the redline unlimited. My truck is built to rev way beyond 4000rpm and ive read some guys are getting 4500+ out of their redlines, is that a factory redline or a redline unlimited that allows over 4000 rpm. Also, if its a redline unlimited is that something i can send the box in for to be enabled or how does a guy go about getting the redline unlimited.

thanks guys, hope i can get some solid answers here.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so the truck in your post, just wondering what you have done to make it run 4000rpm. Is your truck a daily driver or is this going to be a truck for the track, dyno?

Since bluechip is the only folks that build these I would just talk to them. Or just look on the website it has all the answers of the questions you ask. I just looked them up. IMO FMS you still retain your dash tach, gauges etc. with the redline you will loose all of that and it does throw codes/CEL's etc incase you didn't know that.

http://www.bluechipdiesel.com/redline_operation.html

"Select RPM Limiter"This menu choice sets the maximum RPM attainable from 3400 to 4000. At whatever maximum RPM is selected the Redline will begin to defuel quickly but smoothly to limit RPM. If you have chosen the “Unlimited RPM” software, this option is deleted from the menu.

the redline is really for the track , dyno etc. It can be used as a DD but most dont.