Competition / Pulls / OffRoad You wanted it, well you got it. The competition and pulling forum. Please have your racing, pulling and other competition posts here. No East Coast vs. West Coast, and no flame wars!

1/8 mile track times from Farmington, NC

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1/8 mile track times from Farmington, NC

I ran my first 1/8 mile track last night. TigerRag and Brian B. came out as well to run. We had a great time, meaning no one broke anything.

My best time was a 8.53 @ 78.5 mph with a 1.75 60 ft. time, cut a pretty good light too, .160

I also got a chance to race a D-max with a 100hp Superchip. The first race he cut 11.13 @ 51.7 mph, I think there was a problem with the truck on that run. On the rematch he went 9.56 @ 72.7 mph, not too shabby IMHO. But the important part was that the CTD won both races. TigerRag almost got his milk with a 6-speed, very close race. Matt has come a long way with his truck, congrates buddy.. Maybe one day you'll have something for Johnner, heck maybe one day I'll have something for Johnner.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike D
I ran my first 1/8 mile track last night. TigerRag and Brian B. came out as well to run. We had a great time, meaning no one broke anything.

My best time was a 8.53 @ 78.5 mph with a 1.75 60 ft. time, cut a pretty good light too, .160

I also got a chance to race a D-max with a 100hp Superchip. The first race he cut 11.13 @ 51.7 mph, I think there was a problem with the truck on that run. On the rematch he went 9.56 @ 72.7 mph, not too shabby IMHO. But the important part was that the CTD won both races. TigerRag almost got his milk with a 6-speed, very close race. Matt has come a long way with his truck, congrates buddy.. Maybe one day you'll have something for Johnner, heck maybe one day I'll have something for Johnner.
Sounds like you guys had a great time! It doesn't get much better then going to the drag strip with a bunch of buddies. Congrats on the times.

Paul
Old 06-30-2006, 02:05 PM

Yeah, we had as much fun chewing the fat as we did running the track I think. The Mike and Brian both had some good times on the track. I was pretty happy with my progress rowing the 6 speed (may as well have had 5 gears for the 1/th) for only the 2nd time drag racing. I had some decent reaction times with a .131 and a .140 with most in the .30 area. I also didn't miss a shift all night so I was happy there too. I noticed as Mike was wearing out that Duramax that my times were pretty close to the GMC. I thought we'd have a pretty good race for the last one of the night. I was right. I cut a good light with the .131. He had me pretty good at 60 feet with his auto but I kept closing on him. I might have caught him but my clutch wouldn't quite hold the TST on 9 (had been running on7) when I shifted to 5th. Didn't hurt the clutch but still probably need a double disk. Anyway, it was fun and I was happy with my progress.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Mike, Matt and Brian:

Those are some good times for you guys! Mike, I can't wait for you try my TST Competition AND those Scheid Lightning II's!

Matt, I will be waiting patiently for you and Johnner to line up the two six speeds real soon! Let us know when you are ready.

--------
John_P
Old 06-30-2006, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
Mike, Matt and Brian:

Those are some good times for you guys! Mike, I can't wait for you try my TST Competition AND those Scheid Lightning II's!

Matt, I will be waiting patiently for you and Johnner to line up the two six speeds real soon! Let us know when you are ready.

--------
John_P
John, lets not get carried away..... . I'm a looooooooong way from Johnner. Need to get a double disk first, o-ring the head, then maybe nitrous. Even if I did all of that, I don't think I could sniff Johnner going down the track.....he can drive AND he's got a fast 6 speed truck! I need to talk to him soon about the clutches though.

We are making progress on my end at least.

Talk to you soon, Matt