ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Mag-Hytec in Alberta?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All thought I would share my experience with dealers .. I started another thread "Canadian Dealers are ripping us off !! Buy a 5th wheel read this !! "
on 5er hitches that I was pricing out..but in this case it is not a vendor undercutting anyone it is the production company. They told me most vendors are cheaper than them !! So I priced out what it would cost me to have it shipped to canada. !! well read my story below !! Money is strength in numbers make a little off of a lot not a lot off of a little! I would feel like it is a deal if I could get the same pricing hear. Hmmm happy happy happy .. guess I would return too!!

Originally Posted by 3DQuake
I was looking around for a sliding hitch for my 06 Megacab, I went to the dealer that sold me the trailer and asked what they suggested. They said they have a great system by Pullrite. They quoted me a price of $4800 not installed. I was talking to others on another site and they said this was a great system and one member gave me a link to the website in the States so I could do a little research. I ended up calling them directly and found out that they could ship this same item for 2200 for the 14K and 3000 for the 24k systems. That is a far cry from the price at "Woody's". Total rip off!! The cutomer service rep from Pull rite choked when I told him what they were selling them for. He said he would tell his supervisor know and they can discuss the pricing confusion. I can't believe this is still happening. I shouldn't be able to order anything cheaper over the border as the shipping and border charges should usually out wiegh buying directly from a Canadian dealer. Just recently we have exposed auto dealers for not adjusting prices accordingly. I am very sure if the dollar was to go down that it would not take a year to re-adjust the prices !! You are representing merchants in Canada and the stereo type you are creating is that you are gready little pigs. It is only a matter of time befor you are exposed !!! You want a good name ....keep the customer happy! repeat buisness makes a healthy buisness. I will get to the bottom of this !! I will ask them what their reason for this is !!
If I can get it here for that much I am sure it costs a dealer less to get it here and less to purchase through bulk pricing.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
This isn't a bash Dennis, just the plain honest truth, but I doubt anyone would mind spending a extra few bucks either if quality of workmanship was there as well. I'll keep names to myself, but you have some local sales to buddies of mine that have brought their trucks to my garage to do fix / redo some of the installs out of your shop such as fuel line placement and wiring (multiple things) after they've tried to get the issues corrected through you. Let me be quite honest, pretty shotty work coming out of the back shop.

Needless to say, their trucks have been worked on while my AD150 still sits waiting for install because I haven't had the time to do my own.

Sorry buddy.......the word gets out.
WOW! OUCH. I agree with most, I too try to buy local but its tough when the difference is mind boggoling(nice spelling, eh) I am not a six figure oil guy anymore so my money really does have to be stretched, and it just does not make sense to pay 20-40% more to shop locally.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:49 PM

Like I posted in 3Dquakes other thread about 5er hitches, I am looking at buying a new quad, and even though I am between edmonton and fort mac, I think I will be driving to montana to buy one. I am getting so sick of these inflated prices!!!!

On a good note, i recently bought a firestone ride rite kit here in Ab, and the pricing is now comparable to the U.S. price plus shipping.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now this is customer service that a few vendors could learn from.I was placing a order today with Andy from Geno’s garage.Andy had to put me on hold till he got to his computer. I waited on hold for about 5 mins,and decided to call back because it was a long distance call.No problem, its been many times I got disconnected or ignored by vendors. I called back and Andy apologized that he lost my call because some else was asking him questions at the same time. I told Andy it was no big deal. After I placed my order, I got my total price and Andy then said he will give me a 10% discount. Wow……I couldn’t believe it. I was impressed with his service and felt guilty that he was giving me 10% off. He said no problem, the 10% will help pay for the mailing costs. Now that’s how it get repeat customers. …..Unbelievable…..Thanks Andy.